Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124755 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7965 on: April 03, 2013, 12:10:31 am »

Not well known and not advertised is that when there is a power outage and you are unable to use your Internet, Home line, Moblie and any other service, the nice girl In the Phillippines  or Bangladash,or Melbourne  will give you a credit on each account. Just phone say Power Outage and mention every Telstra product you cannot use and magic happens on your next bill.

Interesting you say that Gert...if I have problems, I usually say "complaint" to the robot lady, and I always get put through to an Australian department...BUT....your right, you get squat here.
We had no landline for 3 weeks due to flooding & damage to lines.....the best compensation I could get out of them was $35.00  :-))

Yesterday  I rang to upgrade the Internet plan (KIds zapped it all up, and we've still got 2 weeks to go before its refreshed!)....got the Philippines, and that lovely lady has given me 2 weeks of full speed, unlimited download, until the next billing cycle...and for free  :o  :o. it's now actually faster than what we normally get, when we pay full price  ???  how does that work???.....unfortunately I was disconnected from all services, but it was finally fixed by 7.30pm.
We will never have cable, or fast speed Internet here, and as a result we have to pay too much money for little GB   >:( .....Im sick of hearing that the government will make it available to all rural areas soon....not holding my breath!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:14:00 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: April 03, 2013, 12:49:58 am »
Last "outage" I was able to get a $200 credit.

They are rolling out the NBN up here  and in my particular street I am told it was here already as they put all the lines underground when they built the estate. The question is"how much will it cost to get the NBN connected to my house from  4 meters away in my front yard."

With Telsra it is always best to call when au is sleeping. The Phillipines are very sympathetic.

Gert
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:58:52 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: April 03, 2013, 01:13:36 am »
We've been having "ultra fast broadband" installed in our area (for about the last 5 months, and still going on), and when they came to our street, we lost all internet for a few days.  Got no credit to our account for that.  And then they told us to reset our router and we still are not able to get the wireless network going after that!   >:(   The last person we got (in an overseas call centre) clearly didn't know what to do and after a lot of being on hold, and being on the line with her with her just not talking, she hung up on us!!

Anyway, I've been having a busy day just running errands.  MIL couldn't take DD today like she usually does on a Weds, so she's been with me while we've taken back library books, been to the post box, done the banking, paid the wages, posted mail, gone to the stationery shop, been to the "international food market" for baking supplies, been to the supermarket, bought some prizes for DS's birthday party...
Off to look at a potential work building in an hour, and then collect DS from school.  His miniball has been cancelled today, which is probably just as well - DD & I will be ready for a rest! 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: April 03, 2013, 02:42:23 am »
we will never have fast internet at home, ours is wireless.
The shop is heaps faster with cable.

Hence why I am always on internet at work, and its cheaper for business plans than private.

NBN won't be up here for ages, and I am only 1 hour from Gerts place..
I just ring the local telstra country wide manager, and get results super fast.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: April 03, 2013, 04:29:27 am »
DD moved house last year about a kilometre from her old place. New address does not have access to broadband because the exchange won't support it. Her only choices were dial-up or 4g wireless. She lives 10km from the Perth CBD and Telstra has no immediate plans to upgrade the exchange that serves here area.

You've gotta love the Telcos.

jakodai

« Reply #7970 on: April 03, 2013, 04:37:19 am »
My understanding with the NBN in my area is that the CBD is getting, and North Melbourne is getting it, but Docklands, which is the little area that sits just below these areas, isn't (not yet, anyway) which is frustrating.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: April 03, 2013, 08:41:42 am »
NBN has no plans to do anything here and we live 11 km from the CBD. mobile calls are hopeless often drop out, and more often you just get busy on the mobiles. I twitter about it but the T people just reply, we are so sorry blah blah blah.

I did the food shopping today. The stupid market was very poorly stocked, which I can maybe forgive. I bought 2 Lindt chocolate supposed to be $5. I was charged $3.17 for each. I waited to point it out, I then waited while they checked and then I waited for them to refund my money. Over 30 minutes waisted. It drives me mad. More twitter coming up. Rant over.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: April 03, 2013, 09:25:03 am »
It was tough being back at work after a 5 day break.  I went to the pool this morning for a swim but the rec centre was closed due to a break in. So I went for a run instead. I think I am going to have to take a break from running.  My back has been sore all day since I went for a run last night then again this morning.   I think it is sciatica. Oh well off to the physio.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: April 03, 2013, 09:29:50 am »
Hello Den the body talks!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: April 03, 2013, 09:56:33 am »
Ha Ha we could easily have a thread named issues with telcos - that would be sure to get a few million hits!!!

We recently upgraded our business plan to a higher one and since then they are sending two sets of bills, they seem to think we are a new customer, bills have been coming in to the tune of $500 per month,  call centre people tell us it will take a couple of months to "sort itself out" !!

Another time when they were offering super fast extreme cabling in our street for free (?!!) the Telstra man took it upon himself to let himself around the back of the house without knocking first.  I had no idea he was there until I saw him limp past the window woth my border collie x Kelpie attached to the back of his leg!!!!!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7975 on: April 03, 2013, 09:59:40 am »
Den I can sympathise. My knees have been swollen and sore since playing two netball games last Thursday night. And the soreness keeps moving. Think I need a rest too. Did lots of cooking and cleaning today which doesn't help.

Great Telstra story and advice Gert. You are a clever cookie.

That's one to the guard dogs GHM ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: April 03, 2013, 12:16:15 pm »
Take care with your back DD. I was completely out of action for a couple of months a few years ago with sciatica. I couldn't move without extreme pain. My family said I went grey every time I tried to move. 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: April 03, 2013, 12:57:24 pm »
Hello Den the body talks!

Gert

Too true Gert. LOL  :D

Take care with your back DD. I was completely out of action for a couple of months a few years ago with sciatica. I couldn't move without extreme pain. My family said I went grey every time I tried to move. 

Cookie I don't usually have back trouble, but since January I have been pushing myself a bit hard and I think I have a touch of periformis syndrome. I strain the periformis muscle on my left side a couple of years ago and it caused a similar problem. THe Sciatic nerve runs under the periformis.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:03:08 pm by Delightful Den »

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: April 03, 2013, 01:02:20 pm »
Dash, be cateful, sciatica trapped nerve, same difference, me out for 3 months. See a physio 3 imes per week.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: April 04, 2013, 02:45:31 am »
Den, a really good  remedial massage therapist, can fix sciatica in under 1/2 hour.

well I know I can. :)

Hope you get it sorted soon.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url