Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124747 times)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7785 on: March 27, 2013, 05:42:29 am »
Lovely looking blanket DJ  :)

:D

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: March 27, 2013, 05:43:16 am »
I was cold last night too Suzanne  :(

I have been cooking, washing and folding clothes. Going to Margaret River early tomorrow so need to be all packed up and ready to go as DH has a business meeting in Bussleton in the morning.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: March 27, 2013, 07:55:57 am »
Thanks everyone for your kind comments.
I had to teach myself to join it from the net. Not done crochet before. Knitting the squares was easy!
Don't know if g or b AB.

Will go back to Internet and look at stitches, first will run all the ends in! That's today's job after lunch time visitors gone home.

Next time I do a blanket will join as I go or do strips that sew together. However I feel this is almost art as well as a snugly blanket.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: March 27, 2013, 08:57:40 am »
Well it's snowing here again today and I am utterly fed up with it.   Yesterday the pipe on our outside tap burst and water was gushing out and forming an ice rink.   Luckily our builder was nearby and he came to the rescue fairly quickly.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: March 27, 2013, 09:01:24 am »
Oh Nooo Katya :o Glad to hear that you got it sorted very quickly.I hate anything that involves water/plumbing :P
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: March 27, 2013, 09:03:44 am »
Poor you Katya. Glad it was sorted.
It's horrid weather and forecast is for a cold April. I've just been looking at long range forecast. Really grim for the farmers.
Roll on summer.

We've enjoyed any TV programme recently filmed in summer, made us feel warmer!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7791 on: March 27, 2013, 10:16:06 am »
Lovely blanket DJ. So much work involved. What a lovely gift it will be. Maybe a satin ribbon type edge sewn on to finish off?

Another hot day here. Think it reached 35c. Serious grass fire about 80kms to the south west with 3 firefighters in hospital. Hoping for wind and rain change soon. Hoping Maddy's DH is not out fighting yet another fire, but presume he is. Hurry up winter.

On a better nite, made hot cross buns with kindergarten class today. They turned out quite well. Definitely some budding young 4 yo cooks there. :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: March 27, 2013, 11:02:37 am »
CC, DJ and Katya I do hope things improve for you. It is hard to imagine cold so severe that it forms icicles and causes taps to burst as the water freezes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: March 27, 2013, 08:49:13 pm »
Another hot day here. Think it reached 35c. Serious grass fire about 80kms to the south west with 3 firefighters in hospital. Hoping for wind and rain change soon. Hoping Maddy's DH is not out fighting yet another fire, but presume he is. Hurry up winter.

He was Kimmy...left before lunch, and got home at 11 PM, before a relief crew took over.
It was pretty big.  Hubby said a couple of the tankers had to go into survival mode  :o.  Wind is certainly the enemy!
Just hope there was no one in the houses that were destroyed.

On a search today to find Easter eggs that don't taste like crud, and are lactose free  :-\  That macro stuff is just  SO WRONG
Dissapointed that we're not going to Daylesford this Easter  :(  As Once again, football has taken priority in this house  :-))
Off to town today....will try and be good
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: March 27, 2013, 09:16:08 pm »
work today, Just made the kids easter hats for parade
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: March 27, 2013, 09:34:10 pm »
On a search today to find Easter eggs that don't taste like crud, and are lactose free  :-\  That macro stuff is just  SO WRONG

That I think would be almost impossible. Try your usual Easter eggs and acquire some lacteeze from the pharmacy.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: March 27, 2013, 10:11:14 pm »
I need to do the same thing Maddie and no idea where to start. I'm not a chocolate eater and always just stored my easter eggs as a kid so no idea what does and doesn't taste good.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: March 27, 2013, 10:37:02 pm »
We had visitors for lunch, and then another visitor turned up so that's been great for DH.
We now have 3 bunches of spring flowers, lovely. And a Lindt egg to share for Sunday.

Had a brisk 45 min walk at 5pm. Glad it is much lighter now but it is so blooming cold.

Converted a yummy soup recipe and posted it in soup thread.
Made flapjacks.

Ran all the ends in on the blanket  except for the edge. It has a lovely feel when it's on ones lap, even DH thought so too.
Satin, hadn't thought of that. Not sure my edge is even enough to stitch it on.
So you mean machine stitch or by hand Kimmy H?

Made a variation of Chookies wonderful added value bread and wrote about it.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:41:54 pm by Droverjess »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: March 27, 2013, 11:19:37 pm »
yummy Bread DJ :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: March 28, 2013, 01:47:49 am »
DJ great blanket & bread.

Well this is going to be an interesting Easter, lr has croup, cp has a kidney infection & I have uselss cousins. Just about to blow it tonight if no help.

Told them dinner please friday night, they agreed & then later told me their trip on saturday has been cancelled so they could buy the food then. Not sure how that works for Friday night ??? :o

Mum to Crown Prince......