Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124745 times)

mcmich

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #5835 on: December 28, 2012, 03:43:20 am »
....now Michele the statements I often use - I have had it for ages or I bought it months ago holds true for you  ;D  ;D
;D ;D ;D

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #5836 on: December 28, 2012, 03:46:12 am »
I've just spent a very happy half hour listening to Florence and the Machine on Spotify - as I try to work out what it is and how to use it.  :-)) ???
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: December 28, 2012, 03:54:16 am »
I love Spotify as it works on PC, mobile, ipad so can listen to music anytime without the cost as with itunes  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: December 28, 2012, 05:41:36 am »
Great find Michelle, I don't have to smuggle anything in.... ;)

I don't really have to either - don't know why I do - bit of fun.  :D

I got caught out big time with my late DH. I had done a bit (well a lot) of shopping and had it in the boot of my car. DH jumped in the car to do a local chore and got a flat tyre and he had to empty the boot out to get to the spare. Had a bit of explaining to do that time.   :-[

;D Love it Michele  ;D

It's all a bit of fun for us girls  :D
Keeps the guys on their toes and lets us know if they notice something new or not  ;)

mcmich

« Reply #5839 on: December 28, 2012, 08:45:00 am »
Exactly MF  ;D

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: December 28, 2012, 12:04:36 pm »
Ahhhhh - that's better!!   Roadhouse breakfast with 2 coffees each  ;D

About to explore Bordertown, which is where I was born and lived until I was 7 - but have not been back here for over 20 years.  So many things still look familiar though!   About to go and look at the house my father built (he was a carpenter) himself.  Wish I could knock on the door and introduce myself to the current owner and maybe look round the garden, but that's a bit cheeky!
Then off to find a playground for the kids for a while

Thanks for the good thoughts goldfish, Judy and obbie!  Once we get to melb I am hoping to catch up with another forum member blackwood

You should knock on the door and explain your dad built it..we have done that and often the people are interested in knowing a bit of history about their house..and understand the nostalgia so dont think its cheeky.. Be different if it was a rental or something..

Good luck with the driving amd kids :)

Haha should of kept reading.. You had already arrived at your destination haha.. Oops!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: December 28, 2012, 02:02:00 pm »
....my head is hurting - just got home after watching Les Mis - OMG so so many tears, now a splitting headache 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: December 28, 2012, 04:45:11 pm »
....my head is hurting - just got home after watching Les Mis - OMG so so many tears, now a splitting headache 
So I need a box of tissues for when I go to see it then Robyn  :'(
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: December 28, 2012, 08:07:47 pm »
Ahhhhh - that's better!!   Roadhouse breakfast with 2 coffees each  ;D

About to explore Bordertown, which is where I was born and lived until I was 7 - but have not been back here for over 20 years.  So many things still look familiar though!   About to go and look at the house my father built (he was a carpenter) himself.  Wish I could knock on the door and introduce myself to the current owner and maybe look round the garden, but that's a bit cheeky!
Then off to find a playground for the kids for a while

Thanks for the good thoughts goldfish, Judy and obbie!  Once we get to melb I am hoping to catch up with another forum member blackwood

You should knock on the door and explain your dad built it..we have done that and often the people are interested in knowing a bit of history about their house..and understand the nostalgia so dont think its cheeky.. Be different if it was a rental or something..

Yes, definitely knock on the door! 
We bought our house from a lovely old fella who's wife had passed away and he was moving to Aussie as his son was moving over for work.  He came past once when he visited, and then when he passed away he was brought home to be laid to rest next to his wife, and his son came round.  We were more than happy to show them around - what we had changed, and what he recognised.  It was fascinating.  The family had lived here for 50 years.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: December 28, 2012, 08:23:47 pm »
That is a definite yes CC, from the section where Anne Hathaway sings I dreamed a dream, about 1/3 way through the movie.  I did the costumes for the stage show in Rocky so know the musical so well - the film blew me away, don't think that it will break any box office records but will certainly be nominated for a bucketload of film awards.  I it - tears and all 

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: December 28, 2012, 09:34:48 pm »
At work all day today.
Now 4 days off, then 3 days work.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: December 28, 2012, 09:44:38 pm »
Enjoy your 4 days off dj 😊
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: December 28, 2012, 10:25:27 pm »
Les Mis sounds very emotional Robyn. I must say I would prefer to watch James Bond! :D

DJ, enjoy your days off :-*

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: December 29, 2012, 12:13:57 am »
Amy Les Mis is a must see.  I have seen the stage show several times an d I am looking forward to seeing the movie. 

Though I have to say I can picture Hugh Jackman more as Javert than Jean Valjean.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: December 29, 2012, 12:17:21 am »
We watched the trailer of Les Mis last night and I really want to see it  :)
Will put some tissues in my handbag johnro.

I am not a James Bond fan Amy. Never have been.
Have you watched most of them?