Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124758 times)

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #5805 on: December 27, 2012, 06:35:56 am »
Loved the reclining, thanks Cookie - finished another book.

Deedub - now have a yearning for good fish and chips. Nowhere around here to get them, though. :(
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: December 27, 2012, 06:41:37 am »
Just got home today after an overnight trip to my sister's.
We spent Christmas morning at home, just us (me, dh, ds5, dd3) which was fun and relaxed way to play with new toys. Then out to DH's brother's for tue afternoon/evening. Great food and company there, and all the little cousins had a blast (aged 2, 2, 3, 4, 5 - ds only boy).
Then took the tmx for its first holiday yesterday since my brother and grandad wanted to see it, and sis wanted her hubby to see!
But had to come home this morning for dh's work, and been clearing up mess since then And now the plan is to start birthday party prep for saturday (my birthday).  8)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: December 27, 2012, 07:42:14 am »
Enjoy your holidays Karen & Deedub  :D
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

mcmich

« Reply #5808 on: December 27, 2012, 07:47:32 am »
Just got home today after an overnight trip to my sister's.
We spent Christmas morning at home, just us (me, dh, ds5, dd3) which was fun and relaxed way to play with new toys. Then out to DH's brother's for tue afternoon/evening. Great food and company there, and all the little cousins had a blast (aged 2, 2, 3, 4, 5 - ds only boy).
Then took the tmx for its first holiday yesterday since my brother and grandad wanted to see it, and sis wanted her hubby to see!
But had to come home this morning for dh's work, and been clearing up mess since then And now the plan is to start birthday party prep for saturday (my birthday).  8)

Busy time you've had Jo. Don't work too hard, you want to be able to enjoy your party.

Have a good time away Karen and Dee.  :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: December 27, 2012, 08:28:01 am »
Have a great break Karen and deedub.

Played around the house today with children as DH back at work. Relaxing day mixed with some cooking and housework. Can't bring myself to pack up Christmas tree yet.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: December 27, 2012, 08:36:34 am »
I know what you mean about the Christmas tree Kimmyh. I am keeping mine up until Monday I think.  :D  ;)
We are relaxing with my DS and family but leaving there soon to pick up their DD 16 who is at work . She coming to ours to stay for a few days with my other GD 17.

Yes Amy poor Jade has been working so hard but she slept in till 10.30 this morning and off to the beach with friends. She has today and tomorrow off and coming back here again tonight as her cousin, my GD 17 Alisha will be here. Going out for dinner with them tomorrow night and Jades parents also.
Hope you are having a nice relaxing day with family and Clinker.  :D

Dee and Karen hope you and your families have a good time away.
Hope the kids slept some of the way Karen.  :D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: December 27, 2012, 10:50:39 am »
Drove back from the coast today...it seems that we were headed in the wrong (maybe actually the right) direction as there were literally thousands of cars headed in the opposite direction! I'm enjoying having fast internet again (the coastal town can't cope with the high volume of internet users and hence shut down :/ ) and reading what I've missed on the forum from the last few days!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: December 27, 2012, 08:22:54 pm »
Day out to see family today. Driving through floods.
2.5 hrs each way in the car.

Back to work tomorrow... My 6 days gone very quick. 2 days housework and prep, 2 days out and 2 days cooking and resting... Pretty good I think. Plus forum time and reading books of course. ....

Lovely to think of you all enjoying summer.  ;D

mcmich

« Reply #5813 on: December 27, 2012, 08:31:45 pm »
Drive safely DJ and enjoy your time with the family.  :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: December 27, 2012, 09:00:08 pm »
Just got up, house is quiet, kids are up the road at friends.... :)
planning my day for cooking
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: December 27, 2012, 09:11:27 pm »
Thanks mcmich, we're back now. All safe.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: December 27, 2012, 09:55:56 pm »
Packing up & heading to Busselton :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: December 27, 2012, 10:47:37 pm »
Arrived safe and sound in Melbourne - with a lot of help from an Enid Blyton audiobook CD of The Enchanted Forest.  Not a peep from the kids once we put that on.  I had forgotten how much I loved her stories as a child - they are wonderful! 

Hally, I loved family holidays in Busselton as a kid!  Have fun!

Safe travels and lots of fun to all forum members who are going away for holidays.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: December 27, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »
waiting for the kids to get out of bed to go shopping!
I avoid the Boxing Day madness, can't stand the crowds...but will still be busy if they don't move their butts soon!
hoping to find a lovely blanket box...but not really impressed with what I've seen so far.  I so need to shuffle things around my house, and create better storage....My New Years resolution is to become more organised....I spend half my day looking for things  :P

We've found an above ground, 7m saltwater pool for sale..it's a 3 hr. trip to get it, so Hubby making enquiries today and we might make it into a mini break trip.  DH needs a couple of days off working at least...but he'd need longer to prepare & assemble it all  :P....kids would love it.

Planning to make Cookies choc orange shortbread....with my re-gifted Christmas present from my Mother  :P....she is shocking at re-gifting, and she obviously failed to remember I gave her the "brown bag" shortbread mould a few years ago.....oh well, I'm happy that this one bounced back....they fetch good prices on eBay now

enjoy your day  :)

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: December 27, 2012, 10:54:47 pm »
Maddy that is so funny about getting your own gift back  :D. My MIL did that to me a while back too!  I waved to you (well at least in your general direction) as we drove past yesterday :-*
Karen in Adelaide