Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124756 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #5430 on: December 13, 2012, 06:14:00 am »
Today I had my W/Worths delivery and was very happy with it.  Only 1 item missing but all weights over what ordered and a Christmas gift as well.  This is certainly going to be the answer to my problem of not being able to leave Geoff for too long these days.

I have actually started wrapping the kids' presents because the forum went a bit quiet earlier - thanks girls and boys :D  If it went really quiet I could remove all the contents from my spice drawers and pack them back in alphabetical order again.  It has become very messy in there and I had quite a few more in my delivery to add so I have to make room for them.  Maybe tonight  ;)

I'm having a good day, I hope you all are too  :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: December 13, 2012, 06:14:33 am »
Lovely photo TL

Dentst, ten srting out my meat, ordered a whole pig istead of 1/2,  ooops panicked to try & get it in freezers, with lts of juggling & other things I did :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: December 13, 2012, 06:22:39 am »
forum quiet, hope so for you Judy.

My WW online order came last nite, missed 3 things, rang them this morning, and they credited it to my card..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #5433 on: December 13, 2012, 07:38:09 am »
Glad the online shopping is working out for you JD.

I take my mum for a big shop fortnightly as she doesn't drive now and then she tops up when the village bus goes shopping which is 3 times a week.

God bless her, she insisted on giving me money for Christmas grocery shopping as she won't be cooking this year. That's a blessing too as talented as mum is in so many areas, cooking isn't one of them.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: December 13, 2012, 08:02:19 am »
God bless her, she insisted on giving me money for Christmas grocery shopping as she won't be cooking this year. That's a blessing too as talented as mum is in so many areas, cooking isn't one of them.

This made me laugh Michelle.

I have an old Aunt who is not a great cook. My Uncle always used to say that when they were first married she was not a good cook but she became a good cook over the years.  We always felt she just killed his taste buds.

mcmich

« Reply #5435 on: December 13, 2012, 08:42:30 am »
LOL DD  ;D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: December 13, 2012, 09:33:45 am »
BRAVO ThermieLove  :D
I admire any Mum that goes back to study...Congratulations  8)
You have such a beautiful smile too!

Went into DD's school to organise this blazer for Mondays awards night, and they assured me they would sort it out....but they didn't  :-)).
DD not at school tomorrow, so will have to leave DS swimming carnival to chase it up  :-\ .....then it's the last cricket match before Christmas break...HOORAY!....bring back the football season instead please!

Now I'm off to battle with an eBay seller, through PayPal :-)). The multicoloured candy coated sunflower seeds (these ones only through U.S), Arrived yesterday....and were rancid  >:(
I looked at expiry date, and it's listed as "BB - 01/09/2011  :o  no wonder they smelt funny, and tasting one proved they were rancid!
well this fool is trying to tell me that they are fine, and that the BB date means "Born On"   :-)) :-)).  I explained to him it means best before, and even if it did mean born on as he states, I explained that it is still 15 months old...and no one should be selling them at that age!
I certainly wouldn't have, had I known......so will wait and see who wins this battle! 

Anyhoo.....here's another crazy cat pic for Hally

Stuck again for the 6th time today  :-))

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: December 13, 2012, 09:45:38 am »
Hally I can't believe you fitted in a whole pig when you thought you were only getting a half.  :o

Michele, dear Mums, gotta love them and keep some of them out of the kitchen  :-))  I remember my DD getting Mum to decorate some fairy cakes for one of the kid's birthday parties and being shocked at how they ended up.  Mum was never into cakes but always asks if she can help in the kitchen on the day  :D 

Good luck with the job in hand maddy.  Perhaps ignore the fact pussy is stuck up there for an hour or so and see if it happens again. You'll probably end up with no screen on the window but a lesson may be learnt.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: December 13, 2012, 09:58:28 am »
Congrats TL.
A moment to remember.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: December 13, 2012, 09:59:24 am »
Congratulations TL.
Maddy maybe you should give your cat his own screen or make up one for him to play with. Could be a diversion?

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: December 13, 2012, 10:47:55 am »
Maybe....but then he wouldn't get the attention....just like children, aren't they.
Wish he would just sleep in his basket like he used to....

Or better still, amuse himself like this cat

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: December 13, 2012, 10:59:27 am »
Loving them Maddy, hwow old & the name :) must want to cuddle him.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: December 13, 2012, 11:13:50 am »
RFLOL ;D Maddy your cat is hilarious. My dog would do the legs up thing in the middle of the back yard but never seen it done quite like your cat. He reminds me of Garfield :)

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: December 13, 2012, 11:18:52 am »
LOL! Maddy, your cat looks vicious in that photo where he's stuck for the 6th time! :D :D :D
He cracks me up!!! He looks like he is full of personality!  ;D ;D ;D
Katie, Perth WA

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: December 13, 2012, 11:28:44 am »
He reminds me of Garfield :)

he is SOOO Garfield, except when he uses the window as a scratching post!

Loving them Maddy, hwow old & the name :) must want to cuddle him.

he is Nacho...DD names all our pets, and they all have reference to food  :P
He is 6 now, and we bought him from the Lort Smith animal hospital, where my cousin works.
Check out the pictures she sent me, to see if we were interested in him

.....how could we say no.  
So Thankful that he was left on the steps of hospital, in a box...instead of dumping him....we love him to bits!
when he was little, he started coming into our bed at night, under the covers, with his head on the pillow  :P  Think I must have rolled on him once in my coma style sleep, so he doesn't do that now  :)
.........EAT CAKE!