Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124752 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4380 on: November 17, 2012, 07:18:51 am »
Oh.... ;D

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4381 on: November 17, 2012, 09:10:39 am »
DW is in Perth.  She is busy spending all our money.

;D

Your DW is a wise woman  ;D

Offline Moptop

• View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: November 17, 2012, 09:33:12 am »
You are an amazing husband DD - hats off to you.  :) :)

Judy I know exactly how you feel. As careers we need to take a break to do 'ordinary' things. The break recharges our batteries and makes us better carers. Enjoy the break and enjoy the concert. Geoff will be absolutely fine.

Moptop
You were born to stand out, don't waste your life trying to fit in.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: November 17, 2012, 09:36:16 am »
We've been documenting stolen items from my car :( Someone broke in last night, and stole lots of different things! They went all around town, so annoying!

Offline Moptop

• View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: November 17, 2012, 09:40:07 am »
Oh LeeJ, how awful for you. I am so sorry to hear that news. Did they get much?
You were born to stand out, don't waste your life trying to fit in.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: November 17, 2012, 09:48:56 am »
JD hoping you are having a wonderful time, I'm sure your DD and GD are loving having you there.

Boring day Den but it has to be done.

I went to the gym then worked on school photos with some other mums for DS's grade 6 graduation slide show then did some shopping, made dinner and just got home from walking the dogs.

• View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: November 17, 2012, 10:03:17 am »
Lee, that must be so frustraiting! There are some very horrible people out there >:(

Wonder, it sounds like you've had a very active day. How was the gym? :)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: November 17, 2012, 10:06:39 am »
That's annoying Lee.  >:(  I hope you didn't lose anything that can't be replaced.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: November 17, 2012, 10:13:07 am »
The gym was really good Amy. It's a great system with the key, it has a record of your full workout and each machine has a display which guides you through the program. It also  shows you how fast you should be going on each rep so helps with form as well. I still found it pretty boring but I think it will help with motivation at least in the short term. I also met a omen I used to know when I did outside training years ago and she was commenting how good I'm looking so that motivated me quite a bt as well. Her and her two DD's are also using the same PT as me so it was great to have a chat about him.

• View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: November 17, 2012, 10:23:00 am »
I'm glad you had a good session Wonder, I wish out gym had that key system! Fingers crossed that you will keep that motivation even just in the short term ;)
Love the little comments you get when your body shape starts to change nicely! They make you feel like you're really getting somewhere :D

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: November 17, 2012, 11:03:33 am »
Took kids to their swimming lessons, then spent rest of day sorting out transferring emails from french account that will be closed down as of next week to new account... Grrr then tonight typed up a few cover letters for jobs in the hope of getting some niggles for jobs considering ive been a stay at home mum for the past 8 years.. I would be fine in syd or melbourne or even brisbane (which may end up,being where ill have to work) however not as many jobs up here in admin type work ???? lol plus heading into silly season..not overly worried though its just on paper it doesnt look that great!!

Hope your having a great evening jd and enjoy seeing gd ..😊

Big storm here at the moment.. Noisy party in the sky 😨.. No rain as yet though just alot of really close thunder and lightning!!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: November 17, 2012, 11:32:16 am »
Judy, the biggest squishiest hug for you  
Enjoy!

leeJ, how awful  :(  Their day will come!

worked on school photos with some other mums for DS's grade 6 graduation slide show

Isn't their graduation the saddest, but exciting at the same time!
DD's grad dinner played a video montage, interviewing the students....which was funny & wonderful to hear their thoughts.
My DD was one of the school captains, and her speech brought many tears....I was so proud of her, I could have burst!  8)

Kim, something will come your way  ;)

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:35:15 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: November 17, 2012, 01:29:24 pm »
Thanks everyone, yes I really enjoyed my night out.  It was such a well organised event with what seemed like thousands of children running onto the stage in groups with hardly a break between dances.  I thought GD looked lovely of course and danced well and the theme all night was songs from movies which had my foot tapping. 

Fun and games back here at home with lots of laughs as they tried to work out how to do the things I normally do without batting an eyelid.  I had written all the instructions down but obviously missed some basic things which threw my DF into a spin, not having any experience with looking after people like my DH.  He was looking pretty comfortable still propped up in bed with his glasses on, TV remote in his hand, TV still on and fast asleep when I walked in just after 9pm. He has since stirred and knows I am home so should feel more relaxed now.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: November 17, 2012, 01:51:44 pm »
Night out with girls. Went to see The Sessions at the movies. I had no idea what it was about so a bit of a surprise, but altogether tastefully done and a moving story. Nice to see some thing that is quite different. Anyone else seen it and like or disliked it?

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4394 on: November 17, 2012, 02:31:56 pm »
Taking my mum to see it tomorrow GHM.
I hope she likes it. Haven't told her what the storyline is yet but don't think she will have a problem with it.
John Hawkes Gets good reviews would you agree.
I am looking forward to it.
Watched a programme on SBS recently about "ladies" working with the disabled. Opened my eyes as I hadn't really thought about it.