Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124730 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #3405 on: October 22, 2012, 07:02:52 am »
I agree with DFM Amy.

Offline Moptop

• View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: October 22, 2012, 07:06:38 am »
Amy, you are lucky you were able to get out before anything worse could happen. You need to report this guy so that someone knows to watch his behavior. The next girl might not be so lucky. Don't let him get away with it.......his bad behavior will only get worse!

Moptop
You were born to stand out, don't waste your life trying to fit in.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: October 22, 2012, 07:41:11 am »
Were there no other employees around Amy?  I would have just told the boss not to roster me on with him and because he would have asked why, it would have been easy to tell him.  A pity because you were enjoying that job.  There are other young girls working there as well aren't there?  They need to know about this guy as well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: October 22, 2012, 07:48:46 am »
Good luck with OT. Should be useful. I Did OT training but couldn't finish owing to family accident.
Please let us know.
Be sure to tell them about transfer yesterday and anything else that is hard/ challenging/ difficult/impossible to do.

Amy, you take care.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: October 22, 2012, 08:06:29 am »
Poor you Amy - glad you could quit when you needed to, and also found another job easily!
Take care and good luck  :-*
:D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: October 22, 2012, 08:20:58 am »
Not good at all Amy, you really should report him. At least something new and good has come out of this bad thing. All the best xox
PS so how many salads did you make?

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: October 22, 2012, 08:34:02 am »
Thanks for the support everyone :)
I'm trying to sort this out in the safest possible way, but there are certain circumstances that are making it hard for me to figure out what that may be :-\

PS so how many salads did you make?

We prepped about 30 so they would be ready for service when the orders started coming in ;D I didn't stay for the full shift since it was my very first time there, but I will be staying longer on Thursday and I'll learn to do the burgers then :D

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: October 22, 2012, 08:47:36 am »
Amy, you did nothing wrong, you should not have had to quit.  It may very well be your word against his but your word is powerful Amy - why do you not think they would believe you?  I know you are young but please don't make the mistake of thinking that you ate powerless - if someone is doing you wrong you need to say something - you might still choose to leave but at least you said something.

At the very least, your boss should be able to roster you on either Different shifts or with a third person

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: October 22, 2012, 08:59:25 am »
Sorry to hear that you quit your job Amy but agree with the others you need to tell the boss.
When I was your age and learning to drive my first driving instructor had "wandering hands" I didn't tell anyone but a decision I regret now.It will be very hard, because like you, I just wanted it to go away.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: October 22, 2012, 09:01:49 am »
Had a good session with OT workers. They checked out everything we have, took lots of notes and have come up with some ideas which they think may help.  1)Electric lift, 2)something which will help get Geoff into the car and 3)speaking to my current care worker plan organisers to see if I can get more help from them.  Time will tell if they are successful.  

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: October 22, 2012, 09:04:51 am »
Had a good session with OT workers. They checked out everything we have, took lots of notes and have come up with some ideas which they think may help.  1)Electric lift, 2)something which will help get Geoff into the car and 3)speaking to my current care worker plan organisers to see if I can get more help from them.  Time will tell if they are successful. 
Sounds like some help for you Judy.Let's hope it doesn't take another six months to sort out :-\
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3416 on: October 22, 2012, 09:41:03 am »
Nothing too exciting today, was going to get on the ladder and clean the gutters but I been a bit dizzy and light headed the last two days, so thought I better not risk it :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: October 22, 2012, 10:07:50 am »
The electic lifter would be a great bonus, let's face it things aren't going to get better and you have to look after yourself JD.  Do you have any wheelchair access taxi's nearby, I know you have to order then well in advance, but they might be worth thinking about see if you can get some taxi vouchers.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #3418 on: October 22, 2012, 11:10:56 am »
Amy maybe in a difficult position if it is the boss and not a co-worker who is providing unwanted attention.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: October 22, 2012, 12:42:33 pm »
AB, we have had access cab vouchers for many years but only use them for going to the airport or whilst we were in other States to get around.  They were great and made life so much easier even though at times there were hassles interstate when some drivers bucked the system and didn't want to accept them even though I had a letter to show them which said it was a reciprocal thing between states.  As we are no longer doing holidays and because we haven't used them much, I have plenty left but whilst I can still get Geoff in the car it is my preferred way to travel because when we want to come home we can.  We once had a night out with all the neighbours to the local football club about a 20 minute drive away for a Christmas show.  We had a huge access cab come here as well as a normal taxi to take us all to the dinner show and even though we had booked them to return at midnight, the access cab never showed up so some of the neighbours had to jump in a normal taxi, come home to pick up a couple of cars then go back to the venue to pick up those stranded with Geoff and me.   So unreliable and there is nothing you can do about it.