Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124714 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #3240 on: October 12, 2012, 11:37:44 pm »
jeninwa, my condolences  :(

Karen, that food looks gorgeous, what a great experience you lucky girl  8)  I bet he was just like he is on t.v.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: October 13, 2012, 12:58:44 am »
Condolences from me too Jeninwa. 
DD is fine today, but I would have throttled. DH this morning if he were here. He caught the train into the city today for some PD. I needed to take DS to his swimming lesson this morning, so after persuading him that the swimming lesson wasn't optional, and he couldnt stay on the couch playing on the iPad all day, we walked out the front door to find that DH's car was parked behind mine. I went inside and hunted for his car keys to no avail. I texted him, and received an "oops, I'm sorry but I've got the keys with me" message. Aaagh
To top it off, DH took DS to a swimming lesson on thurs and managed to leave his school shoes there. DS had to wear the wrong shoes to school on Friday. Luckily DS has sports uniform on Mon, but it means an extra trip for me on Mon to get the school shoes!
It will have to be a day at home for me, and I'll have to rearrange the play date organised for this afternoon. aargh
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: October 13, 2012, 01:04:47 am »
Oh boy is DH in for some ear bashing when he gets home. ES get him to have a spare set of keys made for you in case this happens again.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: October 13, 2012, 01:10:22 am »
It is really annoying only having one set of keys for his car, but Honda wanted to charge us a couple of hundred dollars for another set. I would like to change his car over in the next year or so, so it's never seemed worth it. Mind you, I was regretting that decision this morning.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: October 13, 2012, 09:33:47 am »
DH has just come home with a sheepish look on his face, bearing gifts. He has been to Haighs and bought chocolate.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: October 13, 2012, 09:36:13 am »
Smart Man.  ;D

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: October 13, 2012, 10:29:30 am »
Mmmmm - Haighs  ;D ;D ;D

I wonder if I will get Haighs from DH for dropping the TMX??? 
Karen in Adelaide

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: October 13, 2012, 10:43:45 am »
Christmas holiday planning here. Was very concerned that we left it too late and it would therefore be all too expensive. However, looks like we can have a pretty good adventure in New Zealand for about the same amount of $$ we usually spend traveling around the country to see family.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: October 13, 2012, 10:58:08 am »
 consumerate l know what you mean l hate spending $1500 -$2000 for 3 0f us  on airfares  to fly from west coast to east coast and back again and that  does not  even include  accommodation  that's extra . but my dad live in melb me in wa  so l travel to see him

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: October 13, 2012, 12:52:52 pm »
Yes Karen - I think that dropping your TMX definitely merits Haighs. They are open on Sunday's  .......,,,

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: October 13, 2012, 10:52:36 pm »
I've got a wedding this afternoon.  It will be nice to get all dolled up for a change.

Hope the food is good :-).
I do the best I can

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: October 14, 2012, 01:27:21 am »
consumerate l know what you mean l hate spending $1500 -$2000 for 3 0f us  on airfares  to fly from west coast to east coast and back again and that  does not  even include  accommodation  that's extra . but my dad live in melb me in wa  so l travel to see him

And at Christmas time Perth domestic airport is horrendous!  By far the worst I have experienced in Australia.

We usually travel Canberra - Melbourne - Perth - Canberra. The cost of airfares and some accommodation adds up to about the same amount as an international holiday. Very much looking forward to a different style of Christmas this year :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: October 14, 2012, 02:15:20 am »
Our best Christmas ever was 2 years ago.

we woke up at 5am, to a cyclone. There was no warning. lots of wind, rain, roads closed, trees down. we moped up, opened pressies, and stayed home. BLISS ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Couldn't go anywhere, Family was in Cairns, we were supposed to be too. i loved it.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: October 14, 2012, 02:31:12 am »
My best Chriatmases have been in Songkhla in Southern Thailand where there is no Christmas or at least  nearly no Chriatmas anything.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: October 14, 2012, 03:31:28 am »
Just finished the Fremantle half marathon. Started out aiming to finish it in 1:45 then 1:50 then just beat the two girls who crossed the start line the arcane time I did. Finally I just didn't want to get beaten by the guy in the bear suit.