Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124701 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #3090 on: October 06, 2012, 11:26:47 pm »
I wish I could help you Hally, I know how painful trapped nerves are :'( But I was relieved of mine through surgery and I don't think that helps you right now :(

I was pretty happy yesterday to find 2 eggs in my cockatiels Avery :), I'm hoping to have some babies this year from them. Today we are off to collect another Avery with 6 cockatiels. My plan is to breed them and hand rear the babies to make them tame. (As if I haven't got enough to do already ) lol :D

Soooo jealous Mandi ;D I had budgies a few years ago and I'm desperate to have another one. I love chatty little birds :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: October 06, 2012, 11:52:55 pm »
Not a good start to your holiday Hally unless you can get some relief - a massage might help though. Good luck finding a solution before you fly out of Sydney  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: October 07, 2012, 12:21:03 am »
Oh Hally, that isn't good. Can you get an appointment with a physio before you get on a plane ? A hit water bottle and nurofen sound like a good start, followed by a rest. I hope the flight is not too bad.
I've been hit by a six with this cold.  I took the kids swimming yesterday, did another 2 loads of washing( my washing machine went for days after we got home from holidays), then spent the rest of the day in bed blowing my nose. DH felt sorry for me and organised a hit laska for dinner. I feel like Julie's cat. My grey cat's been keeping me company whilst I've been feeling lousy. He's good like that- if the kids are upset, he goes and rubs up against them.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: October 07, 2012, 12:43:16 am »
What a sympathetic cat you have ES - nice to see DH is looking after you too.  Hope you feel better tomorrow with some more rest today.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: October 07, 2012, 01:37:20 am »
Have bought a hot water bottle for the plane.

Dh has been massaging the area.

Bought some voltaren rub, its still sore but can cope, just hope it goes soon. Being on the plane doing nothing might make it better or worse, better I hope.

ES love your cat.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: October 07, 2012, 01:39:39 am »
That's beautiful, ES  Animals are just great like that.  My dogs are like that . . seem to sense when something is on my mind and just like to be there, morning noon or night!

Hally - good luck - hope that problem settles very quickly and you can enjoy your time away . .
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:41:30 am by goldfish »

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: October 07, 2012, 06:28:00 am »
We have a cockatiel too, his name is Boris :)

Today and yesterday I took out every single item from the pantry and reorganised the whole lot! Massive job but was in desperate need- after having my TMX for a few months, I'm purchasing differently and now have ingredients I don't use anymore and ingredients I rarely used before but now more regularly. I'm so excited and proud of myself I just had to share!
I even made pretty labels on MS Word which I will laminate and sick onto the 70+ containers and baskets in the hope that DH will be able to put things back where he found them! -that's the teacher in me I guess!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: October 07, 2012, 06:36:02 am »
Better than it was.
 :)
Just about to board.

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: October 07, 2012, 08:10:24 am »
Jamberie, our pantry items do change once we get the TMX and I bet yours looks great right now. Expecting others to put things back where they belong - mmm, not sure on that one  :D

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: October 07, 2012, 08:32:01 am »
Jamberie, I've just done the big pantry clean up too! It is very rewarding opening up the doors now and not seeing total chaos! I had a big order of Tupperware delivered and now it's all organised - yee ha !!!  ;D
Katie, Perth WA

• View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: October 07, 2012, 08:37:20 am »
Oh how I would love a pantry clean up... :-)) But while we have kitchen renovations happening, we don't actually have a pantry. So there are things in bags and containers and cupboards in the "kitchen", laundry and dining room ;D

Well done to you though Jamberie, it sounds as if you did very well :D

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3101 on: October 07, 2012, 08:39:30 am »
My pantry is a mess!!!!

Mr Invisible keeps visiting and puts everything in the wrong place  ;)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: October 07, 2012, 08:47:29 am »
Oh kt2, I wish I had the Tupperware modular mates, however the Sistema ones are working well for me, as I need about 100 containers at any given time I just don't think I want to know how much that would cost! Sistema are handy in that if I buy something new at the supermarket I can just buy a container there and then! I also accidently tested their seal/freshness when I found a packet of opened scotchfinger biscuits in one that I suspect may have been there for 2 years!

JD, at school I have been known to take photos of the inside of cupboards (and stick this photo on the inside of the door) so that my students know EXACTLY where things belong....I'm hoping that labels will suffice for DH but we'll see!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: October 07, 2012, 09:14:25 am »
Just popping in quickly to let you all know that I am flying to Hobart tomorrow as my FIL passed away Saturday afternoon, sadly DH didn't make it back in time, I had to ring him when he got to Melbourne to let him know. My mother is here visiting and we have had to cut her time short, she will be flying back with me.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

• View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: October 07, 2012, 09:27:50 am »
Oh Jen, that is such terrible news :'( :'( :'(

Sending much love to you and your family :-*