Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124650 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #2625 on: September 20, 2012, 12:35:55 pm »
It would have been a very boring trip for kids Karen - were there ever any frogs left in the packet to share  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: September 20, 2012, 12:37:51 pm »
Not the first time she did it, we lost the lot  ........ but we were fast learners, and in subsequent years we kept our bickering to a minimum, to everyone's advantage!
Karen in Adelaide

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: September 20, 2012, 12:51:13 pm »
I never travelled the Nullabor as a kid, it was a lot of dirt then. We really enjoy it the journey now.  DD used to read when she used to come with us. If you don't enjoy car travel it can be a real drag.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: September 20, 2012, 12:56:08 pm »
Your mum is savvy Karen. How to get good mileage from one pkt of lollies  :D we were always told the car would be stopped and we would walk home. A couple of times they stopped and pretended to drive off, but we were picked up again after about 20 secs so we knew it was a false threat. Fighting was good fun I must say. Love the travel dialogue ES, gee the kids will have some fond memories of this trip. When I was 12 we crossed the nullabor, and we had to use masking tape to tape up all the doors and windows so the red dust wouldn't get in. Shame that we lost the hatch off the caravan!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: September 20, 2012, 01:04:30 pm »
We used to do the cross-nullabor trip every year when we were children.  It certainly did get a bit boring.  My mother would start with a big bag of freddo frogs (not individually wrapped in those days), and every time my brother and I started whinging or whining or fighting, a choccie frog got tossed out the window.  Any left at the end of the trip were for my brother and I to share. 

LOL ;D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: September 20, 2012, 01:10:56 pm »
I've yet to cross the Nullabor. I've mentioned it to DW once or twice but she is not too keen.  She made the crossing by bus in 1979 or 1980. On that same trip she took the bus to the Alice. The bus was 3 hrs late getting in, they were met with champagne because it was the earliest the bus had ever arrived. 

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: September 21, 2012, 01:31:19 am »
My day off today, yay! Was up early, did 2 loads of washing as its a lovely day here in Adelaide.

Relaxing at the hairdressers now, then off to do some shopping. I have 2 birthday presents to buy.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: September 21, 2012, 01:37:16 am »
Not much here..
just playing on the net
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: September 21, 2012, 02:12:40 am »
I ran 5 1.6km intervals with 400 metres of rest. Add in the warm up and cool down that is 14km before work.  Now trying to get motivated and be prepared for a professional learning session I am delivering this afternoon, intermediate Excel. Lots of fun stuff like conditional formatting and if/then formulas.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: September 21, 2012, 02:21:27 am »
Dash, why did you change your name
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: September 21, 2012, 09:27:53 am »
Went to MONA (museum of old and new art) in Hobart today.   Art galleries are not usually my "thing", but this was spectacular - mind you, you need a pretty broad mind - Some i loved, some i found some of it quite confronting, some I didn't understand and  some I thought was just poor taste - but that is art for you - controversial
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: September 21, 2012, 09:52:48 am »
Not a lot.Walked the dog.Having a cup of coffee, catching up with the forum.Everyone out except me and the dog,Bliss ;D
I should be ironing :P
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: September 21, 2012, 10:49:45 am »
I had another study day today. It was a really tough day trying to write 2500 words about something that isn't very interesting.  Got up to about 2200 words so next week will hopefully just be cleaning the essay up. I'm really glad I've got a scholarship for this study. It would feel so wrong if I was actually paying to put myself through this pain!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: September 21, 2012, 10:52:30 am »
what are you studying for, what degree..... :)

[/url

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: September 21, 2012, 10:57:32 am »
Postgrad diploma in public sector management.  I really like the reading and the class time but I loathe the essay writing. Not surprising really since I hated essay writing during my under grad degree. Give me exams over essays any day!