Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124720 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #2505 on: September 13, 2012, 08:46:04 am »
We are sitting having a coffee at the interstate train terminal waiting for the Indian Pacific which is on it's way to Perth from Sydney. On board are a NZ couple we met 20 years ago when we were on a River Murray cruise here in SA.  I only made 1 wrong turn to get here but knew where I had gone wrong - I can't remember the last time I came here and DH is not a good navigator!  Phew, made it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2506 on: September 13, 2012, 08:53:45 am »
How exciting Judy, are they staying with you? Would be lovely to catch up Im sure :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: September 13, 2012, 08:56:07 am »
I hate driving on unknown roads Judy so can relate to your relief at reaching your destination.The only time DH and I really fallout is when I'm navigating,just don't understand maps :P Have a nice visit :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: September 13, 2012, 09:14:28 am »
Morning CC, I also hate driving on unknown roads, very stressful especially with a lot of traffic and impatient drivers.
Judy, hope you have a lovely visit with your friends, be lovely to catch up.

Marie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: September 13, 2012, 12:36:57 pm »
Yes it was a lovely catch-up, they haven't changed a bit and we all recognised each other - well maybe DH didn't but I think it all came back to him as we chatted.  Mandi they are going all the way to Perth so it was just a 1.5 hour stopover here in Adelaide.  Girls and navigating - mmm, some of us are not the best but driving and navigating is the hardest of all. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Bonsai

« Reply #2510 on: September 13, 2012, 12:49:17 pm »
My DH always navigates when we drive in unfamiliar areas as I have laterality issues so often say left when I mean right -it has caused some drama when I navigate!    A GPS can be really handy if you're driving alone.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: September 13, 2012, 02:03:12 pm »
Amy did you sruvive?

Only just. It really stung, I had to try hard not to cry :( Apparently that wasn't even a full session though, and I'm going to need more over the next few weeks.
I'm just wondering when its going to start feeling better ???

I was very excited that I got to use the TMX at college today! I just blended the mixture for a salmon mousse for our practical cooking aspect of texture modification :)

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: September 13, 2012, 02:56:37 pm »
Amy,
When I was eight yrs old we were returning to the UK on holiday and we had to have injections. My parents took us to the doctor, I made everyone else in my family go first and then when it was my turn I ran out of the surgery (it was in a shopping centre) and I bolted, they couldn't catch me ! Eventually it took 4 adults to hold me down ! I kept saying I'm not going to the UK if I have to have needles you can leave me here !! I have seen my DH have accupuncture and ewwwwww the thought of it.  You're being brave though, I hope it starts to work for you !

Ohhh and I can't even hold the kids while they have their needles, have to get DH to do it !
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:01:54 pm by Debbiebillg »

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2513 on: September 13, 2012, 09:43:47 pm »
My DS hated needles when he was little, when he had his needles he called the nurse a poopey looser (was his favorite word at the time)
He was so mad at her for doing that to him :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

mcmich

« Reply #2514 on: September 13, 2012, 11:10:20 pm »
My DH always navigates when we drive in unfamiliar areas as I have laterality issues so often say left when I mean right -it has caused some drama when I navigate!    A GPS can be really handy if you're driving alone.
I'm so glad I got a GPS. I can't tell my left from my right, friends just point if they are giving directions.

• View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: September 13, 2012, 11:33:00 pm »
Amy,
When I was eight yrs old we were returning to the UK on holiday and we had to have injections. My parents took us to the doctor, I made everyone else in my family go first and then when it was my turn I ran out of the surgery (it was in a shopping centre) and I bolted, they couldn't catch me ! Eventually it took 4 adults to hold me down ! I kept saying I'm not going to the UK if I have to have needles you can leave me here !! I have seen my DH have accupuncture and ewwwwww the thought of it.  You're being brave though, I hope it starts to work for you !

Thanks Debbiebillg... it doesn't feel much different yet, but I suppose it was only a half treatment after all :(
I would be like you as an 8-year old in that situation! I wouldn't go anywhere if it meant having a needle. There would have to be very extreme circumstances for that to happen :-))

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:51 pm »
Amy, I had dry needling on my knee almost three weeks ago and while it felt good straight after I haven't seen any sustained improvement and it's actually felt a little worse I think. I spoke to my physio and he said I need to be patient and the exercises and dry needling might actually make it worse for a little while until the the muscles strengthen from the exercises. I'm going for a second treatment on Monday so hoping to see some improvement next week although I've been a bit slack on my daily exercises  :-[

• View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: September 14, 2012, 12:03:57 am »
Oh... that doesn't sound very good Wonder :( Everyone I've spoken to has told me that the relief is almost instant ???
I've been a bit slack on my hip exercises, but thats because I've been out of the house a lot over the last couple of days and I need my bed to be able to do them. I think a lot of people get slack on physio exercises though.
I hope the needling on Monday gives you some relief. I was thinking to myself yesterday as I was lying in the physio room: "why on Earth do we PAY for this?" :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: September 14, 2012, 12:08:02 am »
Hope you are ok Amy.

When My kids get needles, the doctors give them stickers, a stamp on the hand, and jelly beans.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: September 14, 2012, 12:59:22 am »
Glad you had a good catch up JD

Amy my DD22 used to be scared silly of needles had to have a blood test when she was about 13 she went white as a ghost and had to lie down. Then she decided to become a midwife and had to have countless needles so she is used to it now. I think the more you have the easier it gets.