Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124730 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #2295 on: September 04, 2012, 12:10:06 am »
Great to hear you are OK Amy. Ambulance subscription is great to have for emergencies or even if like you there is no one close to help if something happens. It's not a lot of money each year for piece of mind.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: September 04, 2012, 12:13:32 am »
You suceeded in scaring me even if you didn't mean to Maddy.... We get a lot of white tails around here :o

sorry Amy  :(  
Those white tails are horrid, we have lots too.
What you have described sounds very similar to what I had.
let us know how you go.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: September 04, 2012, 01:59:16 am »
Gosh Amy, glad you are ok. :)

May be program numbers into your mobile phone for emergencies, and your work place too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: September 04, 2012, 02:53:16 am »
Have you heard of the mobile phone system of ICE numbers - In Case of Emergency.

Decide who you want either yourself or authorities to contact in the case of an emergency and programme them into your phone as ICE1, ICE2, etc.

I'm not sure how common this is or whether it is well known, but it can do no harm and I have my DH and DS as my two ICE contacts.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: September 04, 2012, 03:08:55 am »
We require all staff with company funded phones to have the ICE numbers on the front screen of their phones so they can be accessed regardless of wether the phone is locked, we also encourage all staff members to do the same. It is a great idea but you do need to ensure that if you have a phone that is locked the number is clearly visible while locked.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: September 04, 2012, 04:24:04 am »
We have ICE programed to our phones, It should be well known.

Well it is to emergency services.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: September 04, 2012, 04:38:03 am »
That's funny - I never hear anyone referring to ICE numbers so I thought they were relatively unknown!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: September 04, 2012, 04:44:13 am »
I went to the gym this morning. I live close by and always walk. It was cold and wet. I had to carry my umbrella and the wind turned it inside out. We had 24mm of rain last night.

Still hasn't made it above 9 yet this morning and we are still getting rain. The radio station just issued another severe weather warning for our area.

I am supposed to run at least 10k today but don't know how much the weather will co-operate. I don't like running on the treadmill. >:(

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: September 04, 2012, 05:07:38 am »
I spoke to a nurse this morning. She has given me a few names of medications I can try, and she suggested I put ice on the bite and also update my tetanus since my last booster was in 1999... when I was 5 years old :-))

I do have one ICE number in my phone. But he's holidaying around Australia at the moment. Not very helpful I guess...

I am supposed to run at least 10k today but don't know how much the weather will co-operate. I don't like running on the treadmill. >:(

:-)) :-)) :-))

*suzanne*

« Reply #2304 on: September 04, 2012, 05:14:05 am »
Hope your bite is better soon Amy

Took DS to the doctor tonsillitis and an ear infection the poor little thing can't catch a break, he has been unwell on and off since July, a truly horrible winter for us, hopefully this is the end and the warmer weather comes along soon

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2305 on: September 04, 2012, 06:19:51 am »
Been a beautiful spring day again here. Rain on its way though apparently. Pretty quiet day here today, but managed my 2 walks in which is great. I'm loving all this extra walking :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

mcmich

« Reply #2306 on: September 04, 2012, 08:41:00 am »
Work today and I had a wonderful time. Was supposed to be sent to oncology for the day but as it is coming up to the anniversary of my late DH's passing another nurse offered to go - bless her.
I must say, I had 6 of the nicest patients to look after.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: September 04, 2012, 08:50:00 am »

So glad you had a nice day mcmich, it would make it so much nicer if the patients are easy to get along with.

Marie   :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: September 04, 2012, 08:55:40 am »
People are so nice Michele.

We have ICE nubers in our phone too, have had for quite a few years. Hopefully they will never have to be used.

I've been doing a little cooking today, but mainly trying to keep warm. It is blowing a gale here, pouring rain and of course hail. It looks like it will clear soon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: September 04, 2012, 08:58:30 am »
an absolute ripper of a day here, done a little gardening, made Vanilla Slices, carbonara and mince and pasta for the dog.