Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124752 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #2280 on: September 03, 2012, 12:36:15 pm »
Amy, you need to sit down with your folks and devise an emergency plan for when they are away. It is vey easy for a knife to slip or anything.

Thinking back to when they went on holidays, that sounds like a good idea Cookie. I think mum sometimes forgets that I'm still only a kid :-))

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: September 03, 2012, 12:38:42 pm »
Good to hear that everything is OK Amy. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: September 03, 2012, 12:43:08 pm »
You must know someone who lives close by Amy or just pick up the phone and speak to any adult you know.  I know when we are in trouble we all want our Mums, not just 17 year olds either. I would still go to a doctor, some spider bites can have pretty nasty side efects.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: September 03, 2012, 12:52:49 pm »
Thanks CC :)

I'm always worried that I would be bothering people Judy. I try not to make a fuss if I can help it, I usually just have an internal panic attack and try and sort things out myself :-)) Thats how I've always been, and its a hard habit to break. I know what you mean though, its important to have someone I can call on. Sue and Den have been very generous in passing on their phone numbers to me, so I would be comfortable calling either of them. I think my new boss would also be happy for me to call him too.
I'm going to call someone tomorrow about the bite. It seems to be affecting the other side of my face as well, and I didn't think I got bitten there.

But I'll be fine :) I always am ;)

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: September 03, 2012, 12:56:44 pm »
Amy do you not have any person other than your mum and SD nearby who you could call on in an emergency?  Aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, friends of your parents etc????  I don't think whether you have a license is a big issue because in an emergency you may not be able to drive anyway.

If you have private health insurance you often get ambulance cover which covers you for free ambulance trips.  Perhaps keep $50 cash at home so you can get a taxi in if needed when your parents aren't there?

Sorry, I know you have been lectured a lot tonight but I think everyone was just concerned that you might have been seriously ill but had no plan and no one to call to help you.

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: September 03, 2012, 01:00:03 pm »
Just saw your last post Amy - I'm glad you have Sue and DD's numbers for emergencies!

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: September 03, 2012, 01:36:23 pm »
Said good bye to my DD this afternoon, she is moving back to Tasmania, for a year or two,  :( :( :(
She moved back home for a month before she left, the house seems so quite tonight.

Amy please go to the Drs tomorrow, doesn't sound right that its spread to the other side of you face.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: September 03, 2012, 01:42:26 pm »
It is always sad when they move far away like that Jeninwa. DD2 drove us crazy when she live with us but when she moved to the NW it was very quite for a while. Now that I am a parent with a child living 1100kms away I get an idea of what my mother must have felt like when I moved 15000kms to Australia.  :-\

Mama Fergie

« Reply #2288 on: September 03, 2012, 02:36:41 pm »
Amy there must be someone in Albany that you can contact in an emergency. What about your college friends or your workplace? There must be some friends, neighbors, cousins, aunts or uncles.
Hopefully you are ok but you need to have someone you can rely on to help you.
 My kids all had numbers to call in emergency. It's really important.
Hope you are ok now  ;)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: September 03, 2012, 03:11:49 pm »
Amy'll be fine for next time she needs to talk to someone. She has saved some phone numbers and fortunately SJ doesn't live too far in an emergency. Good to know that peeps are here to help in every situation.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: September 03, 2012, 03:29:03 pm »
amy l have just been reading about whats been happening . l hope all is right now

just a question  do you have saint john ambulance cover . ask your mum she might have family cover

as in case of emergencies if you have ambulance  cover and are sick / home by  yourself and cant get to doctors or hospital by youself

you call 000 and talk to them on the phone and they will decide if an ambulance will be needed to come and check you out and if need be take you to hospital if needed . and it cost no extra to transport you there  if you have ambulance cover

but your need to have saint john ambulance cover otherwise it will cost you about $700 for one trip

it does not cost much per year to have cover it depends on where you live to how much you pay

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: September 03, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »

Thank goodness you are okay Amy, was wondering how you were.  Take care

Marie   :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: September 03, 2012, 11:18:58 pm »
I'm going to call someone tomorrow about the bite. It seems to be affecting the other side of my face as well, and I didn't think I got bitten there.

Yes, call someone and get to the doctors.
If it is a spider bite, what's spreading could be the poison.
I had a white tail spider bite a little while ago, and it was nasty.  The poison spread, was hot and raised, and they needed to sqUeeze the core of the poison out and I needed antibiotics.   You don't want it to linger too long if you get worse.....sorry, don't want to scare you Amy, but if it gets worse, you need to see someone about it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:21:38 pm by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: September 03, 2012, 11:43:08 pm »
Glad to hear you are ok Amy I would still go to the doctors this morning just to be safe

• View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: September 04, 2012, 12:00:33 am »
Thanks everyone for your concern :)

We have no family in Albany. Our closest relatives are my grandparents in Mt Barker, and as much as they would be willing to help if I were in trouble, it would be too difficult for them being so elderly and not in the best of health. Like I said before, we don't have many close, reliable friends either. But I have contacts now who I can call, even just for advice :)

I am going to find out about ambulance cover today. I'll ask mum when she is out of bed.

I promise I will see someone today. It has flared up again overnight and my skin has a strange texture to it. I promise I'll go. As soon as I'm dressed.

Yes, call someone and get to the doctors.
If it is a spider bite, what's spreading could be the poison.
I had a white tail spider bite a little while ago, and it was nasty.  The poison spread, was hot and raised, and they needed to sqUeeze the core of the poison out and I needed antibiotics.   You don't want it to linger too long if you get worse.....sorry, don't want to scare you Amy, but if it gets worse, you need to see someone about it.

You suceeded in scaring me even if you didn't mean to Maddy.... We get a lot of white tails around here :o