Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124753 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #2145 on: August 28, 2012, 08:26:58 am »
Ah don't worry about it.  It will be fine. He will be so pleased you have sorted the problem and you know men. He has probably forgotten about it by now.

Cleaner means happy  family.

I think cleaners should be paid appropriately.  I would not expect it to be cheap and I know you don't either. Not much different  from  nurses cleaning up crap all day long,

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #2146 on: August 28, 2012, 08:50:13 am »
I love my cleaner and yes they are worth their weight in gold. Mine will do anything even without asking.   ;D

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: August 28, 2012, 09:25:18 am »
My cleaner is great, ATM she is coming weekly, till the kids move out again. She is a young single mum and such a hard worker. Does more than she is suppose to. Love her to bits.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

mcmich

« Reply #2148 on: August 28, 2012, 09:30:39 am »
Ah don't worry about it.  It will be fine. He will be so pleased you have sorted the problem and you know men. He has probably forgotten about it by now.

I think cleaners should be paid appropriately.  I would not expect it to be cheap and I know you don't either. Not much different  from  nurses cleaning up crap all day long,

Gert

Actually the cleaner is paid better per hour than I am.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 28, 2012, 10:17:41 am »

Gert

Always cost more to clean up your own crap eh.?

Gert

Actually the cleaner is paid better per hour than I am.

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: August 28, 2012, 12:40:57 pm »
My cleaner has taken this week off so I will have to do the cleaning. I want the house to look good when DW gets home from school camp. She will be tired and want to rest but if the house is messy she won't be able to sit down until she gets it right.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: August 28, 2012, 12:48:21 pm »
My cleaner has taken this week off so I will have to do the cleaning. I want the house to look good when DW gets home from school camp. She will be tired and want to rest but if the house is messy she won't be able to sit down until she gets it right.

Ah gee. Donchya hate it when the cleaner don't come!

Off you go then  Den.
Gert

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: August 28, 2012, 12:54:03 pm »
I know Gert. We would like to piss her off and get a new one. However living in a small time it is a delicate operation. She works a few jobs and you can't avoid running into people in town. 

She is not that great, we have tried giving her some direction like don't worry about doing the floor every week  in the bedrooms we don't use but she seems to forget by the next week. 

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: August 28, 2012, 01:01:09 pm »
We have a cleaner for 2 hours each week, she does a great job and we had a lot of trouble getting one in the first place so we like to try and keep her as happy as possible. DH said she is going on 5 weeks leave - not sure what we will do.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 28, 2012, 01:01:19 pm »
I have a cleaner once a fortnight too. I love coming home to a clean home- she does a fantastic job. I hate housework and she is so much more thorough than I am. I can cope with mess, but not dirt ;)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 28, 2012, 01:06:02 pm »
Yeah that is a hard one. Even when I tell my wonderful Maria not to do something she still does it because it's part of her job and she cannot leave things undone.

Funny though she does not do so much in the kitchen but that is ok by me. I have seven outside doors and seven sinks. She cleans the screens  once a month.  She will climb ladders and  cleans low. I love her.

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 28, 2012, 01:08:16 pm »
We have a cleaner for 2 hours each week, she does a great job and we had a lot of trouble getting one in the first place so we like to try and keep her as happy as possible. DH said she is going on 5 weeks leave - not sure what we will do.

They should never be allowed to go on a holiday!

Gert

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: August 28, 2012, 02:52:40 pm »
Been sitting on my computer all day setting up the MR blog. Grabbed photos everywhere. I think you will all enjoy it. Still working on the text though. We did do a lot. :) :)
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

mcmich

« Reply #2158 on: August 28, 2012, 02:55:27 pm »
Thanks so much Sue. You did an amazing job taking photos last weekend.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: August 29, 2012, 12:11:38 am »
I don't think I would like a strange person coming to clean our house. I'm too OCD about how things are done anyway :-)) ;D

Been sitting on my computer all day setting up the MR blog. Grabbed photos everywhere. I think you will all enjoy it. Still working on the text though. We did do a lot. :) :)

You're fantastic Sue! The blog is going to be awesome :D :D :D

Yesterday I had PT in the morning and then I went home and baked for most of the afternoon. Then I went to the chiropractor, who told me that I'd thrown my right hip significantly out of place because I've been compensating on my right leg for the injury on my left :( I went to work after that :)

Today I'm going swimming, then a lot more baking (will post photos when its all done :)), I'm getting a new hair-do, and then working again tonight ;D