Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124763 times)

jakodai

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1965 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:09 pm »
Thanks everyone - I'm relieved, and you're right Gert, hopefully the next infection won't come. Well, apart from the one he has at the moment :-S - I felt awful when they told me that he had an infection - I know I can't know these things, especially when he doesn't complain about them or show any indicator that they're bothering him, but I just felt like I should have known. They inserted the grommet anyway, but they've given me some drops for it. He hates it so that'll be fun. He's such an amazing, brave young man - I'm really lucky to have him. I took the bandaid off tonight from where they had the drip in his hand and he pointed to it and told me that he'd hurt himself - I don't think it actually hurt, but there was a little red spot and a bruise.

Karen, I'd certainly be making a complaint if I were you. They're professionals, they should know better. You pay people for a service because they know what they're doing - I'd think someone who does that kind of work should know about the dust that would cover EVERYTHING. And I imagine that breathing in concrete dust wouldn't be a good thing...

Congratulations Amy, I'm glad you're enjoying your work. Don't sweat it too much, we all make mistakes when start a new job, especially when you're using a computer system you haven't used before. And you're a smart person, you'll learn from your mistakes and it won't happen again. I'm sure the customer would have seen your remorse (is that the right word...?) at the error that you'd made, and to me that makes all the difference. An apology is one thing, but a sincere one is what counts.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: August 16, 2012, 02:26:24 pm »
Karen I really feel for you.  An exciting time marred by inconsiderate people who would have known full well what was happening if they hadn't done anything to prevent it.  I would have sat and cried then gone off my head I think.  Do builders really do a job for you and not clean the said job before leaving the site.  When you said you were going to clean the new kitchen in an earlier posting, I just thought that was a bit odd and that they should have done that themselves.  I do hope you can get what you want done over the weekend and start to enjoy your new addition and this lovely kitchen you have been so patiently waiting for for so long. 
I was speaking to Amanda the other day and she said to tell you she can't wait to see it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: August 16, 2012, 03:40:36 pm »
they are extremely inconsiderate (and idiots) cos they knew what was going to happen. Do not smile at them when you see them next and give them the rough shoulder, they should get the hint.

On the other hand, JD and everyone else I will not be attending the Friends Weekend cos i will be JD's. Probably a little last minute but I just couldn't knock back all the food that is pre-prepared ha ha. Whats a girl to do  ??? LOL
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1968 on: August 16, 2012, 09:32:32 pm »
Yesterday I had my nephew for the day again, poor little thing loves his dede so much that he didn't want to go home with his parents, they put him in the car and he cried all the way home and saying he wants dede cuddles :(
It is cute though :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: August 17, 2012, 12:40:51 am »
Thank you all for your kind words of support.  Last night I honestly didnt know whether to cry, or to smash something.  I chose to cry, because that would take less cleaning up afterwards  :D :D

Today and I cleaning again - but this time in the new building!  But as I clean, and see how dirty things are and how some things just havent been finished off well, I am getting angry too.  So very soon I will be on the phone to the builders too.  Grumpy  >:( >:(
Karen in Adelaide

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: August 17, 2012, 12:59:38 am »
Go get them Karen, it is time to blow your stack. :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: August 17, 2012, 01:00:13 am »
Wait til you are properally grumpy then ring Karen - you are likely to get better results... ;) ;D

Jakodai - glad to hear your DS has finally had his op - I'm sure you will be incredibly surprised just how much difference it does make! - And in a positive way!  :D

Dede, that is so cute of your nephew! How's his mum doing?  :)
:D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: August 17, 2012, 01:04:02 am »
Yep I would ring them and complain, even if all you get is an apologies at least they may take better care at the next place they go to

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: August 17, 2012, 01:04:53 am »
Right I better get off this forum, I have loads of work to catch up on.
:)

Bye for now.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: August 17, 2012, 01:06:46 am »
Oh Karen that's awful and so unnecessary. I'd be on the phone now making a complaint and asking for compensation. They need to be accountable for their actions.

Big hug xx
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:49 am »
Karen, I would ring the builders, then send them a bill for X hours of cleaning at $50 per hour..

Jakodai great news about you Son, hope all goes well.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: August 17, 2012, 04:54:30 am »
Jacodai, that's good news for your son. So hard when your little ones are sick all the time.

Amy, we can all make mistakes, don't be too hard on yourself.

JD, what an impressive lot of food you have left  ;D

Karen, I would definately be speaking to the builder. Did you take lots of photos? No way, would any builder do that in his own house..

Dede, love that story about your little nephew  ;D. I saw my great nephew yesterday on Skype. I look enough like his grandmother (my twin) for him to think I look pretty good. He put out his arms for me to pick him up  ;D

I am supposed to be sorting out our tax... Have cooked soup, lasagne, ordered some scrubbies, talked in the phone, not much tax done yet!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: August 17, 2012, 05:10:16 am »
I am at work, looking forward to going home to cook...
watching traffic.... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: August 17, 2012, 09:44:24 am »
Busy day for me today. 3 hours at PT, then college (I finished a whole unit. Hooray!) and now I'm off to work... eek!

I will report back in a few hours. Have a nice evening everyone :-*

mcmich

« Reply #1979 on: August 17, 2012, 09:46:09 am »
Have a good night at work DFD  :) :)