Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124752 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1920 on: August 15, 2012, 07:28:14 am »
Don't know how you do those massive workouts Amy, I'll be going for an hour tonight and I'm feeling tired just thinking about it  ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: August 15, 2012, 07:30:03 am »
Our Amy is young Wonder... Thats the secret..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #1922 on: August 15, 2012, 07:31:29 am »
Another great day. Mum's birthday today so I took to The Valley for lunch and shopping. We both had lovely time.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: August 15, 2012, 07:31:50 am »
I probably need to have more patience Amy, but when the parking meter is ticking away and there in only one check out open.  Some of the people just left their goods and walked out.  I didn't, I was feeling sorry for the poor woman,she was doing her best to hurry things through.  
Those workouts would certainly make you tired too, hope you can rest up now.

Marie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: August 15, 2012, 07:58:40 am »
We took a friend out for lunch for her 70th and that's it for the day here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: August 15, 2012, 08:09:33 am »
Don't know how you do those massive workouts Amy, I'll be going for an hour tonight and I'm feeling tired just thinking about it  ;D

I actually don't know either Wonder ??? ;D

Another great day. Mum's birthday today so I took to The Valley for lunch and shopping. We both had lovely time.

Sounds really nice DFM :D

I probably need to have more patience Amy, but when the parking meter is ticking away and there in only one check out open.  Some of the people just left their goods and walked out.  I didn't, I was feeling sorry for the poor woman,she was doing her best to hurry things through. 

Its frustrating when there is only one checkout open in a busy shop, but I do sympathise with the poor person who is trying to work the checkout. At the first job I had, my boss used to leave the shop sometimes and I would be left on my own to deal with everything. It was stressful if there was a sudden flood of customers.

mcmich

« Reply #1926 on: August 15, 2012, 08:36:42 am »
Because DFD is 17yrs old and obviously very motivated.
I still haven't had my stress test yet because I need to build up my fitness first. I don't do jogging (don't like all that sweaty, huffy, puffy stuff). I do enjoy walking though and am able to keep up a brisk pace.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: August 15, 2012, 08:47:45 am »
Unfortunately I do keep forgettting how old I am and that i need to also fit in working full time and 2 kids!! although I think age can be a bit of an excuse - one of my sisters is 53 and just about to run her 5th marathon for the year, her kids are grown up and she works FIFO so has blocks of time to do nothing but train. Michele, you might find you are fitter than you give yourself credit for, I walk with a girlfriend on the weekends and we walk almost as fast as I woudl normaly jog. I am looking forward to going to the gym tonight after being sick, but maybe that's because I'm giving myself an excuse to go a little easier  ;D

• View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: August 15, 2012, 08:50:21 am »
Because DFD is 17yrs old and obviously very motivated.

:D :D :D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: August 15, 2012, 01:21:25 pm »
No exercise for me today. I think I have caught Wonder and Jeninwa's cold. Taking it easy to try and get over it as quick as possible.

• View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: August 15, 2012, 01:24:18 pm »
Good idea Dash ;)

I just got home from work :D I'm loving my new job!!! Now I should try and study... but it has been a long day :-))

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: August 16, 2012, 12:09:14 am »
Did a good work out at the gym last nightbut may have pushed it a bit too hard after the flu, feeling like I've been hit by the proverbial bus again this morning with a very bad cough and a nose that won't stop running. I really want to be better for the weekend.

• View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: August 16, 2012, 12:17:15 am »
Oh dear Wonder... maybe exercise wasn't such a good idea :( I hope you can shake off this feeling soon. Remember to drink lots of water ;)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: August 16, 2012, 12:17:42 am »
Today (finally!!)  after 20 months of waiting - our new kitchen is ready and the builders are handing it over to us this afternoon.  

Unfortunately I have to work late, but as soon as I get home, I am in there with broom, vacuum, dusters and mop, cleaning from top to bottom.  And then over the weekend - moving in!

Last night DH and I went round all the cupboards and drawers with post-it-notes and stuck on labels saying what would be kept in each drawer and cupboard.  It is a little forest of yellow paper leaves in there this morning  :D

At least I will have something exciting to do this weekend while the retreat is on - I so badly wanted to come to the retreat, but at least this will keep me occupied instead.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: August 16, 2012, 12:37:01 am »
That's great new Karen enjoy your new kitchen