Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6156580 times)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7290 on: March 03, 2013, 12:22:43 pm »
Not our most eventful one yet Den...the sheared diff housing and snapped axle 60km out of Warburton on the Gunbarrel was a cracker a couple of years ago.
I will find out tomorrow the verdict on the camping trip from my Aunty. The stories will be hilarious knowing her!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: March 04, 2013, 12:06:57 am »
So far I have done breakfasting self and 3 kids, showering and dressing 2 (miss6 does herself), folding washing, 2 loads ready to hang but not got there yet because.............  :-[ :-[ :-[................... I found the nappy bag and decided it NEEDED a total clean and empty and repack ready for ..... The baby .......which still happens to have 16weeks til due date!!!  :-)) :-)) :-))
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: March 04, 2013, 12:30:37 am »
Astarra :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) ;D

Nikki, I don't like camping at the best of times... but that sounds terrible :o :(

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7293 on: March 04, 2013, 12:35:18 am »
astarra I loved nesting you sound like you're enjoying it too ;D;D
haven't done much today just made all the beds gave everyone breakfast and 2 loads of washing terrible headache so I'm done for the day

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: March 04, 2013, 02:28:35 am »
I did about 6 loads of washing yesterday, towels, clothes, and more towels with the kids in and out of the pool.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #7295 on: March 04, 2013, 02:35:04 am »
Hope you get rid of that headache soon Suzanne.

Just home from picking mum up to grocery shop - not very busy so got through nice and fast.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: March 04, 2013, 05:16:22 am »
Nikkit, the Great Northern Highway is very narrow. You do have some exciting trips. Last trip through to Warbuton via tjukayula ( can't spell it) we came across a family with a broken axle about 40 km west of Warbuton   They had to wait for parts from Adelaide, via Alice Springs. It was the quickest way for them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #7297 on: March 04, 2013, 08:50:24 am »
Hi!

Hope everyone is in good health.

I just wanted to tell everyone that I am back on the forum ;-)

To keep a long story short, I fell off the wagon due to work. I had to juggle that, keeping the house liveable and an active and very wilful 2 yo plus my running (less than five weeks to my first marathon!). I am exhausted by the time I am done for the day...

Thank God for the Thermie... Or else I'd be feeding my family junk! Although I have to confess we have been living on stir fries and curries (and the occasional muffin).

I have some more breathing space now and I want to experiment more with my Thermie. Ten minutes on here and I am already bookmarking recipes. This forum is amazing! But you all know that already, right? ;-)

xo,
Dhitri

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: March 04, 2013, 09:04:39 am »
Welcome back ThermieLove. 😀😀😀😀😀

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: March 04, 2013, 09:09:21 am »
Nothing wrong with stir fries TL.

Just wait until you start to taper in another week or two.  You will find you have so much energy. Just don't make the mistake many first timers do and think you need just one more long run or that you are feeling rested so an extra run won't hurt. Stick to your training plan. Good luck.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7300 on: March 04, 2013, 11:22:45 am »
Thanks Michele ;D

dh decided we needed to go and look at lounge suites what a mission have decided to get one made with the exact measurements of what we need that way we get what we want ;D
the kids got a new ps3 and dh decided that he would cook dinner so that was nice doesn't happen very often and it was delicious still got the pesky headache but I'll survive ;D

great work Den ;D

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: March 04, 2013, 10:35:09 pm »
We have been on the road, over the nullabor, now in Streaky Bay SA, lovely place, weather hot and haven't got Thelma out of her bag yet, thinking of mussels in tomato based sauce for tonight, with a nice chilled glass of wine 🙋🙋🙋

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: March 05, 2013, 01:21:23 am »
Love Streaky Bay Rainbow. Sit back and relax.
Don't miss Murphy's Haystacks out of Streaky Bay. They are huge rocks. Very awesome.
It was lovely to hear from you. Drive safely.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: March 05, 2013, 02:08:59 am »
at work.... ;D ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: March 05, 2013, 03:23:37 am »
Cookie - to be honest I'd just love to go camping and have a plain old boring trip out there and back with nothing "exciting" happen. I am over broken bits on the vehicle. Don't get me started!!
It wasn't me that you stopped for out near the Warburton triangle then - we welded ours up and drove pretty much non-stop home from there!

Amy -  I have decided with our camping trips what doesn't kill us just makes us stronger...or reach for the bottle stashed in the back a bit more often! We've had a few ripper trips with something dramatic happen, and we've always made it home in one piece. (for humans - several pieces for vehicle!)

We'll go again, but with a few more spare parts!