Author Topic: Blueberry sorbet - yum!  (Read 5045 times)

Offline missgrunge

• Miss Grunge from Perth
    • View Profile
Blueberry sorbet - yum!
« on: December 23, 2010, 02:43:41 pm »
Made the EDC sorbet with 250g of fresh blueberries and ended up with a beautiful pink sorbet with tiny dark blue dots through it.  Very tasty and loved by the whole family  :)
Miss G
Mother of 11 year old son and wife of the bread-maker operator

Offline natalia

• View Profile
Re: Blueberry sorbet - yum!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 02:05:18 am »
Hi, I made this recipie a few days ago and had a couple of problems I am hoping someone might be able to help.
When I added the second lot of ice cubes the tmx started to complain (ie slow and moaned)  I stopped the machine not wanting to burn the motor out (very expensive mistake) and added some water to asist, the water helped a little but I still didn't like what I was hearing from the tmx.  I am wondering if 700g of ice in total is too much?  Also, when I had finished there were still some ice chunks and it didn't have the nice fluffy consistency that the consultant had at the party.  Any ideas?  Thanks, Natalia

Offline Tan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 06:54:32 am »
Hi natalia,

700grams of ice is fine , as that is what is used in the demos.
Firsltly, make sure your ice cubes are not too big, or that any are stuck together.

when you add the second lot of ice, as you bring the tmix up to speed - use yout TM spatula to help keep the ice moving.
this will stop any ice getting stuck under the blades, and will mean you wont get that moaning noise !!
If you keep the mix moving with the spatuala for about 20 - 30 seconds, all the ice should then be incorporated.

remove the spatula and pop t he MC in place and let it mix until the minute is up, and you will have nice fluffy sorbet

Tan
 :)
Tan

Offline natalia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 07:11:07 am »
Thanks Tan, I will give it a try next week it is freezing here at the moment!!!