Author Topic: Another Tm take off machine...  (Read 14959 times)

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
Another Tm take off machine...
« on: September 16, 2011, 11:16:54 am »
Hi all not sure if this one has been discussed.  I have been following the thermochef posts and was wondering if anyone can translate the info from this machine http://www.cookin-guydemarle.com/  I like the way it looks better than the thermochef, the only function that appears to be missing is the reverse function.  Seems like there is going to be more and more competition out there for our beloved TM, which may not necessarily be a bad thing.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Re: Another Tm take off machine...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:13 am »
Hi earth mumma.  Thank you for the link.  I'm not sure what this has to do with special diets, but here is the translation of one of their recipes:

Strawberry Mint Soup

For 4 people

1 vanilla pod
 20 g caster sugar (4 teaspoons)
 500 g or Wild Strawberry Charlotte
 2 sprigs mint
 16 Sichuan peppercorns
 350 g of water (35 cl)

Preparation time: 10 min
 Cooking time: 10 min

Cut the vanilla bean into 2 lengthwise. Using the tip of a knife, remove the seeds and mix them with sugar.

Clean and hull the strawberries. Cut into 2 or 4 if they are too big. Thin out the mint.

Cut 4 sheets of foil about 30 inches long. Pass them under the tap to moisten completely.

Divide the strawberries into each. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar, mint, 2 tablespoons of water and crushed berries. Close the curl tightly.

Place the parcels in the plastic tray of steamer. Pour 350 g of water in the bowl. Secure the steamer on the bowl and set the timer for 10 minutes, the temperature of 120 ° C and speed of 2.

Let stand 5 minutes then the parcels outside the C**** before serving.

Hint: You can add other strawberry red fruit like raspberries, blackberries.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:48:50 am by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 11:35:18 am »
I think earth mumma was talking about the machine information not a recipe Cecilia.
Looks interesting. We might see a few more want to be Thermomixes in the future.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 02:32:08 pm »
The reason none of them have the reverse function is that they are based on old technology (TM21) which never had that function. The TM31 is still heavily patented that they can't copy it  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 06:09:20 am »
The reason none of them have the reverse function is that they are based on old technology (TM21) which never had that function. The TM31 is still heavily patented that they can't copy it  :D

Good!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

mcmich

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 06:08:04 am »
I looked into the Thermochef before buying Thermomix. It was the scales that made the decision for me.
Competition makes all products more affordable. In the meantime we get the benefits of owning a Thermomix.

Offline Catherine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 03:21:08 am »
And a recent Choice assessment preferred TMX over Thermochef despite TMX being twice the price... the quality of TMX was a stand-out... :)
Catherine in Adelaide

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 08:25:57 am »
is there a link, catherine?

my friend is well and truly over her TC, and if i didn't know better, it is a strain on our relationship. i can't say a thing about what i've done with the TM, because as you could imagine, she's all daggers! personally, while the TM costs more than the TC, i still don't think the TC is cheap - it's still a lot of money, so whoever spends it has to get it right. i don't care that they may replace the butterfly or whatever - i couldn't be bothered by an inconvenience like that. but in the end it's an individual choice.

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 08:40:32 am »

my friend is well and truly over her TC, and if i didn't know better, it is a strain on our relationship. i can't say a thing about what i've done with the TM, because as you could imagine, she's all daggers! personally, while the TM costs more than the TC, i still don't think the TC is cheap - it's still a lot of money, so whoever spends it has to get it right. i don't care that they may replace the butterfly or whatever - i couldn't be bothered by an inconvenience like that. but in the end it's an individual choice.

I have it somewhere TH and I am sure it is on here ... will find it for you and link from this thread for you when I find it  :)

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 08:44:07 am »
Here is their Christmas guide and here is the review link   ;)  Hope it helps  :-*

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 09:41:42 am »
Have you tried google translate for the page??

It doesnt let you copy and paste to make it easier to translate but its quite expensive for a knock off irts 990 euros but they arent saying anything specific on the blurb other than the general it mixes chops steams. Lah blah
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 09:58:43 am »
Im not so worried about all the "TM Clones". They probably can do more or less the same as the TMX, but the problem with those is the lack of support when something breaks. Also they look more fragile and much more difficult to keep clean.

The advantages of TMX is the international support, its so easy to clean, you can get spare parts easy, it always can be repaired, they dont go off market suddenly and its just build so strong that it can be used in professional kitchens.

I wouldn't trade or recommend anyone to buy a spin off!

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 10:23:08 am »
thanks, faffs.

to be honest, i think the TC people will end up still wanting a TM at the end of the day. i know i'm lucky i didn't have to make a choice, but i'm more inclined to save up for something i really want than make do with something not quite what i want because i know i'll still want the first thing (made the mistake too many times, so only go for the best these days, or go without). TC is definitely expensive for what it does.

Offline Catherine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 11:26:45 am »
try http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and-tests/household/kitchen/benchtop-appliances/thermochef-review.aspx here thermoheaven. 

And here's another http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and-tests/household/kitchen/benchtop-appliances/thermomix-review.aspx link to the Choice Thermomix review...

Review...

Catherine in Adelaide

Offline Catherine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 11:29:36 am »
Yep you've summed it up well thermoheaven and I agree entirely - becomes a very expensive exercise to buy a TC and then discover that you prefer the TMX... much better to buy a TMX in the first place IMO...

thanks, faffs.

to be honest, i think the TC people will end up still wanting a TM at the end of the day. i know i'm lucky i didn't have to make a choice, but i'm more inclined to save up for something i really want than make do with something not quite what i want because i know i'll still want the first thing (made the mistake too many times, so only go for the best these days, or go without). TC is definitely expensive for what it does.
Catherine in Adelaide