Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4523053 times)

*suzanne*

Re: Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8460 on: May 07, 2013, 09:27:06 am »
I bought some new  stools for the breakfast bar and the kids some shoes and beanies
I'm trying really hard not to look Hally

the car is beautiful to drive and doesn't feel as big as it looks I call it the monster truck:D  and must look silly getting in and out of it being so short but that's life the kids just like the dvd player ::)

Offline snappy

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #8461 on: May 07, 2013, 11:17:45 am »
I really need to stop coming into this thread!  I went out to WS today and bought the mini bundt molds.  I am bundt obsessed at the moment and all my cakes are being baked in the bundt tins so these will be my replacement for cupcakes.  Thanks for the tip mcmich!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: May 07, 2013, 12:28:01 pm »
My ipad sits nicely on my recipe book holder :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: May 07, 2013, 12:36:52 pm »
I know how you feel Suzanne. I am just 5 foot (150cm) and we have a Nissan Patrol and that is the vehicle I drive all the time.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: May 07, 2013, 12:53:48 pm »
Great info Hally, thanks for that.

Love the kitchen stand for tablets - it would be great if you use your iPad in the kitchen.

There are a lot cheaper similiar  on the market JD. Here is one I bought from Apple. Free shipping http://store.apple.com/au/product/H7614ZM/A/belkin-chef-stand-for-ipad-2

It certainly is Gretchen.  I don't use my iPad in the kitchen so don't need one but I think they are a great idea.

Gert
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: May 07, 2013, 01:30:39 pm »
My stand is this one: http://www.belkin.com/au/p/P-F5L080 and I really like it cis I can change the angle and also fold it down flat
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #8466 on: May 07, 2013, 02:48:17 pm »
I knew I shouldn't have come to this thread! WS! Wow, looks great.

I guess they had to team up with Breville, because Peters of Kensington are exclusive online suppliers for KA. Oh no! I've just bought a mandolin and some bake strips. Plus, I bought the FlipBlade from Good Guys. ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

mcmich

« Reply #8467 on: May 07, 2013, 09:03:23 pm »
I really need to stop coming into this thread!  I went out to WS today and bought the mini bundt molds.  I am bundt obsessed at the moment and all my cakes are being baked in the bundt tins so these will be my replacement for cupcakes.  Thanks for the tip mcmich!
[/quote

I'm enjoying baking in bundt pans too Snappy and been obsessed by everything mini as well.  :D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: May 08, 2013, 12:29:08 am »
I bought a cover for my ipad that you can stand it up in or lay flat, purple with white polka dots  :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: May 08, 2013, 01:05:41 am »
I've had a better look this morning and these are in my shopping basket.

Jar Scraper -  item 5247549
Nordic Ware Filled Pastry Press - item 9579434
Flex-it Measuring Cups set of 3 - item 6818637

I also really like the microwave popcorn maker.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: May 08, 2013, 01:09:39 am »
Sounds great, Yvette.  One of these days I've promised myself an ipad . . one of these days . .  ;D ;D ;D

I've just bought one of those slinky apple peeler, corer, slicer thingies.  (On sale and no shipping from KWD)  It's really nifty - and I've discovered it works exceptionally well on the smaller, apple sized quinces - it's brilliant!  When I get some larger quinces I'll have a go to see how it handles the size.  Quinces can be a bit of pain to peel and core - but this was really good!  zSo a happy camper atm! ;D ;D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: May 08, 2013, 01:16:57 am »
You won't be sorry GF I love mine. Actually I had it at Uni's on our baking day, takes great photos.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: May 08, 2013, 02:00:07 am »
Goldfish, I have 2 slinkys, one at work, one at home.
you will love it.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: May 08, 2013, 02:14:38 am »
GF, I have promised myself an iPad too. One day :)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: May 08, 2013, 02:32:16 am »
I know how you feel Suzanne. I am just 5 foot (150cm) and we have a Nissan Patrol and that is the vehicle I drive all the time.
I'm a whole 160cm, but I loath having to drive DH's new Nissan Navara ute - it's just so massive.  I have to put the seat so far forward to reach the pedals that I'm nearly squished up to the steering wheel.  Definitely HIS car (he's 198cm).  He thinks the Nissan Qashqai I got is a bit small and "girlie".  No fighting over who gets to drive what vehicle, at least.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.