Author Topic: Freeform Cheesecake Page 187 - In The Mix 2 - review  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Freeform Cheesecake Page 187 - In The Mix 2 - review
« on: July 26, 2014, 12:10:48 pm »
I made this yesterday and found it to be a quick and easy dessert. I think next time (yes, there will be a next time) I'll pipe it into individual serving glasses as my finished dish didn't look as appealing as the photo (I took a photo but am too embarrassed to share).
Raspberries are a definite, most certainly needed to cut through the sweetness. And some sort of crumb might be nice too.
Apparently Dani Valent will be making this at her seminar/cooking class next month, so if I get any tips I'll add them here.

Oh yes, the other thing...this recipe is why butler's pantries were made. 40 minutes at speed 4 is about 30 minutes too long in the noise department! I'll be making this in the laundry next time!
Linked CC
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:46:59 pm by judydawn »
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Freeform Cheesecake Page 187 - In The Mix 2 - review
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »
I had a sneak taste of this one at the seminar Jamberie, it was lovely.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 09:38:00 am »
I've been waiting for a reason to make this since Judy & I had a sneaky taste of this at the In The Mix class last year.  Our Xmas in July dinner last night seemed like a good reason.

It's very easy to make. I served it in individual glasses and not as one large freeform cheesecake. I topped it with strawberries and EDC shortbread. Even after our roast turkey with all the trimmings, everyone managed to fit in this dessert.

It's really lush and delicious. I don't think the leftovers that are in the fridge will last very long.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 11:36:16 am »
Thanks Katie. It sounds quite delicious.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/