Author Topic: Recipe Review Lemongrass & Ginger Tea QFITT page 216  (Read 4153 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Recipe Review Lemongrass & Ginger Tea QFITT page 216
« on: February 05, 2012, 01:24:04 pm »
I didn't think this would be my cup of tea (pardon the pun) but having tried green tea in a restaurant in Perth many years ago and rather enjoying it once I got the taste for it (plus it was all we had as the waiter never asked if we wanted a drink of anything else!) I thought I would give this a go. I did cheat as I used the 2 stalks of lemongrass from my cocktail last night as I figured with the speed that I drink a cocktail, there had to be far too much flavour left in them to just throw out.

This is probably an acquired taste, I did drink 2 mugfuls and wasn't repulsed by it but as drinks go, there are far better things on which to quench my thirst (namely the cocktail from this book). In fact, I resented the fact that this recipe perhaps deprived me of some other recipe that would be far more useful than this. Once again, expensive to make but just not something I would do again or offer to visitors.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:19:18 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review Lemongrass & Ginger Tea page 216
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »
Havent made this yet, but its n my list.

I love this tea in Bali served chilled with ice.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review Lemongrass & Ginger Tea page 216
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:41:40 pm »
Well our girls are sick and hubby thinks he may coming down with something so I thought this tea would be perfect to fight off infection. It does take a while to make - I halved the recipe and it took 20 minutes to make. We both enjoyed it and thought it had a lovely flavour.