Author Topic: Honey Mustard Dressing - Keeping it Simple  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Honey Mustard Dressing - Keeping it Simple
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:58:31 am »
This. Is. So. Yum.
I think everyone should make it.

I forgot to read the recipe and just put all the ingredients in the  *: before realising that there were steps. I just cooked everything for three minutes 100oC, checked if the sugar had dissolved and gave it another minute or so. I also didn't have seeded mustard so used Dijon mustard instead. I can only imagine how yummy this would be if I followed the directions more closely.

Poured it over a salad (baby beetroot, baby spinach, smoked chicken, walnuts, red onion) and went back for more :)

It made enough to warrant the (5 minutes) effort in making it, but it won't last too long here as it is just so yummy. Thank you Tenina! If anyone has any ideas on if/how this could be preserved, it would make a very special gift/food hamper item.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: Honey Mustard Dressing - Keeping it Simple
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:08:34 am »
Sounds delicious Jam. Off to check recipe. Think I will try it tomorrow.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 11:01:42 am »
When I read this one I did wonder how long it would last in the fridge - I'm a bit pedantic about things like this and have thrown out numerous items just because I wasn't sure - like my pomegranate molasses  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:46 am »
Thanks for the review Jam.Like Kimmy I'm going to checkout the recipe ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 11:32:42 am »
I possibly wouldn't have thought about making this without the review, so a big thank you.

Judy I found my Pomegranite molasses in the fridge the other day when I was making Tenina's Beetroot salad. It had crystallised a bit but I heated it slightly in the microwave. I think anything with lots of sugar in keeps fairly well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:44:20 am »
I just wish we had more directives as to how long some of these dressings last Cookie, even mayonnaise I'm afraid to keep it too long and it lasts quite a while for me now.  I've taken to buying small jars because I know they will last for ages but I certainly prefer making my own. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Honey Mustard Dressing - Keeping it Simple
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 09:48:18 am »
Made this and it didn't disappoint. Great easy dressing that is better than some of the bottled balsamic dressings you can buy. It makes a large amount but I think it will keep well in the fridge. Not really anything in it to go off. Served it last night over a simple garden salad. Today I used it on a salad I had seen on Facebook called Avocado strawberry spinach salad with poppyseed dressing.

I didn't really follow quantities, just made up what I thought looked enough for us. Basically I mixed some of the honey mustard dressing with a little water to thin it down a bit and added some poppyseeds. I poured this over spinach leaves, chopped avocado, sliced strawberries, some sliced spring onions, toasted flaked almonds and some grated Parmesan (didn't have blue cheese). Was very delicious. Love this dressing. Will be a regular in our fridge.

Here's the original salad recipe if you want exact quantities http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/avocado-strawberry-spinach-salad-with-poppyseed-dressing/