Author Topic: Sicilian Pasta -Inspired by Nigella -on the table in 15 minutes or less!  (Read 4454 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
I'm always on the lookout for recipes that can be on the table in 20minutes or less. This one fits the bill. Don't be put off by the ingredients. They work well together. If you don't like anchovies, see the note below. If you like the idea, you will find more information in Nigella Lawson's Nigellissima.

Name of Recipe: Sicilian Pasta -Inspired by Nigella

Number of People: 4-6

Ingredients:

500g Pasta of choice
1x 400g can tinned tomatoes
30g anchovies (or less/more depending on if you have any anchovy haters)
20g capers
100g almonds
40g sultanas
1-2 cloves garlic
Basil to serve

Preparation:

1)   Have all ingredients ready to go.

2)   Put the dry pasta in a pot of boiling water.

3)   Put all other ingredients (except for the basil) in the TMX bowl, Chop 20sec/Speed 6 or 7.

4)   If you like the sauce uncooked (like Nigella): When the pasta is ready pour the sauce over and serve. You are done.
      If you like the sauce cooked (like me) follow on: Scrape down the sides. Cook for 5mins/100oC/Sp1 MC ON

5)   Put 100mL of pasta cooking water into the TMX, continue to cook at 90oC/Sp1 until your pasta is how you like it.

6)   Strain the pasta and put it back in the pot. Add the sauce and mix. Add chopped basil leaves. Serve.

Tips/Hints:

Blitzing the sauce at speed 6 will result in some crunch from the almonds. If you have little ones, I suggest speed 9 just to make sure all the bits are not choking hazards.

My DH didn't like this as he doesn't like anchovies. Next time I will use parmesan cheese instead of anchovies...then after that I'll add an anchovy or two and see if he notices  :D

I can imagine olives being a nice addition to this one (if you like olives -I don't).

[Post edited to add photo]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:20:58 am by Jamberie »
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
yum, always looking for fast ideas.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
Looks good. Will be trying this. Thanks!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
I'm not an anchovie eater and have never tried capers but this sounds interesting and quick. I'll keep it in mind.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Maybe just start with parmesan cheese Wonder... Then add one anchovy if you feel adventurous!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Miss Cazz

• View Profile
Yumm. Will defiantly try this.
My family love anchovies and capers so will use them. Think ill add black olives too. And maybe a hint of cayenne pepper to spice it up :)
 ;D
Welcome to the CazzBar Cafe
Where you eat drink and be merry.

I may have to grow old
But I refuse to grow up

Happiness is like a butterfly. When pursued is always beyond our grasp but if we sit down quietly may alight upon you.
Blessed Be