Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6073866 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15180 on: July 09, 2014, 09:38:30 pm »
BZB you must be soooo proud of your boys - what wonderful music making you have in your house.  My congrats. to them all.

Back from our rushed trip to NZ for the funeral.  A really tough day, but a really wonderful day too, as funerals generally are in their own special day - it was very reflective of the high esteem in which both the parents and their deceased son are held.

New assistant started in our shop about 5 minutes after we walked through the door from NZ, so a bit hectec, but he is so enthusiastic, he pulled me through to the end of the day.

Good to be back and enjoy all the latest challenge posts.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #15181 on: July 10, 2014, 01:02:32 am »
BZB, you must be very proud of your boys, what beautiful music.  Wishing them well in the future.

Cuilidh glad your home from NZ, hoping your new assistant will make things easier for you and things will be less hectic

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #15182 on: July 10, 2014, 01:27:17 am »
Glad you're home safe and sound Cuilidh and your new assistant makes things easier for you.

I pick-up DH from the airport this evening, it will be good to have him home.  :D
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15183 on: July 10, 2014, 08:37:52 am »
Welcome back Marina.
I hope your new assistant lightens your workload :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #15184 on: July 10, 2014, 09:05:29 am »
I'm at the airport waiting for DH. I love the airport but not the parking charges. I'm sitting here with a very nice coffee watching the travellers. The shops are great although very over priced. Love looking at every ones luggage. It's a fun place to be - I don't travel much  :-[ 
Had a good trip down here and hopefully (DH's flight is delayed) peak hour will be over and a smooth drive home.  :D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15185 on: July 10, 2014, 09:12:19 am »
Enjoy your people watching Michele ;D Have a safe and smooth journey home.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15186 on: July 10, 2014, 09:21:23 am »
People watching at airports can be fascinating ... wondering where everyone has been or is going, imagining what they have done or will do (hopefully all good and enjoyable things!).

Good DH is back so soon.  I was thinking he would be away for a while.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #15187 on: July 10, 2014, 09:27:40 am »
People watching at airports can be fascinating ... wondering where everyone has been or is going, imagining what they have done or will do (hopefully all good and enjoyable things!).

Good DH is back so soon.  I was thinking he would be away for a while.

Don will have to go back. All that can be done at the moment has been done. I will go back with him in a month or so to tie up any loose ends. DH has 2 older brothers that will be able to handle the details in NZ.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #15188 on: July 11, 2014, 12:52:04 am »
Chookie, Marina and Emme, thank you 😃 Yes, lots of music making in the house Marina. Lots of growling and reminding too. 😁

DS12 going in for grade 8 exam afterwards. Thank goodness for that. It had been sooooo tough getting him to practise his scales and study the 4 composers for his pieces. His stubborn streak coupled with his preteen moodiness tested me! Was very tempted to throw in the towel and let him sink or swim. Didn't do it cos that was what he wanted! He would have happily played Minecraft and the various iPad games. The ship would have truly sunk then, and all the work to finesse his pieces would have come to nought. Couldn't let him get his own way with this battle 😈

Anyway, will be so relieved when his exam is over. Life can return to normal 🌻😄

Offline Kayc

• View Profile
« Reply #15189 on: July 11, 2014, 01:06:45 am »
Yeh, I have just booked Tenina's comfort food class on the 28th July.. anyone else going on that day?  Love to meet and say hello and put faces to names.  Very excited as it is ages since I went to a cooking class

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15190 on: July 11, 2014, 06:23:53 am »
BZB, just catching up as I missed your post. Congratulations, you have reason to be proud. Well done to all the family as it is obviously a joint commitment .
Denise

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #15191 on: July 11, 2014, 07:11:13 am »
Congrats BZB.  :D

Today I took the girls to Chudleigh to the Honey Farm, then to the Salmon farm near Montana on the way back. We tasted lots of honeys, salmon, and a ginseng spice mix.  8) Yum....and yes, I came home with 5 different honeys, a whole hot-smoked salmon, 2 bottles of the spice mix, and 3 pots of the salmon pate stuff... :-))
:D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15192 on: July 11, 2014, 07:49:31 am »
LOL! you go in a kiddies outing and come home with great shopping. Win win,

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #15193 on: July 11, 2014, 09:06:35 am »
Have got housesitters coming next week, so I'm having to do all those jobs that I put off ie. cleanng the oven. I have never got it so clean as today and that was just using cloudy ammonia, detergent and water. I keep opening the oven and having a look (cheap thrill  :-)))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15194 on: July 11, 2014, 09:14:05 am »
Have got housesitters coming next week, so I'm having to do all those jobs that I put off ie. cleanng the oven. I have never got it so clean as today and that was just using cloudy ammonia, detergent and water. I keep opening the oven and having a look (cheap thrill  :-)))
LOL  :D :D