Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131529 times)

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #5670 on: December 22, 2012, 01:43:49 am »
My little girl woke up with a head cold and is pretty much off food :( so resorted to the Thermie and whizzed up some veggie puree (thickened veggie soup). Hopefully I can get her to take em if it's served in pouches (she loves store bought pouch food).

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: December 22, 2012, 02:21:54 am »
A quick early trip to the supermarket to get a few last minute items for a birthday cake for DIL's birthday on Christmas eve.  Then some baking and now we have just come back from an open house viewing.  We have our home on the market so will need to find something for us to live in when we sell. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: December 22, 2012, 03:56:06 am »
First day of holidays yay! Did some shopping for groceries to take on our holiday, leaving on Boxing Day. Gave the inflatable pool a good clean and got it all set up for the kids, going to be a hot weekend here. Since the world hasn't ended I thought I might as well clean the windows,  ;D won't do them all today, it's too hot and there's too many of them! Having a lovely time pottering around... DD9 has a friend coming over for a sleepover later so could be a loooong night!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: December 22, 2012, 04:01:34 am »
Good idea with the pouches ThermieLove!  Sometimes a new (and easy to eat) presentation helps. 

Oh, Deedub, you have reminded me I was supposed to get our little paddling pool out to check...not going to do it now though.  It's in the roof so will be too hot now.  Maybe tomorrow

I have cleaned my 2 ovens today  ;D And believe me this is News - a very rare event.  ;)

Also done various bits of cooking - jam, orange squash cordial, tomato soup and now doing pork belly for dinner.  Not sure what I'm having with it...might do mashed spuds as the kids love them, and DS has not really been eating. He has a cold as well - maybe I need to work out how to make up pouches too! 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: December 22, 2012, 04:03:39 am »
Suzanne we must be distantly related. ( kidding of course). My paternal grandmother was Harriet Eliza Suzanne.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #5675 on: December 22, 2012, 04:45:28 am »
beautiful name cookie I love the name Harriet but mil just doesn't so I swapped them around and  put Lily as the first name.
baking cookies, slices and cleaning

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: December 22, 2012, 05:32:08 am »
cooking, as its the weekend
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: December 22, 2012, 05:35:57 am »
This morning mum and I went to Spotlight and bought brand new dinner sets and glasses. Mum dropped me off home with them and I spent the morning cleaning out the kitchen cupboards, tossing out the old, chipped crockery and replacing it with the new :) I also tidied the cupboard with the casserole dishes and the one with all our tupperware. Everything looks very neat and clean now, I'm very happy :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: December 22, 2012, 05:39:50 am »
I was cleaning

This afternoon Cooking :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: December 22, 2012, 07:03:06 am »
I have had DIL , DD, THREE GK'S  and two extra dogs all day, they have just gone home. ME TIME.  Oh it is so peaceful.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: December 22, 2012, 07:09:46 am »
Sounds like you need it Brenda! ;D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: December 22, 2012, 07:31:21 am »
Amy, I'm sitting here, enjoying the forum, feet up pigging out on a bowl of cherries, it's 6.30 here I won't want any dinner for a while

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: December 22, 2012, 07:33:14 am »
I cycled from Narrogin to North Banister this morning and DW picked me up for the drive the rest of the way to Perth. We arenow at DD's house until Thusday.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #5683 on: December 22, 2012, 07:35:42 am »
deciding what to cook for 14 people ::)
other than that cleaning and tidying which is really a pointless exercise but you get that

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: December 22, 2012, 07:37:05 am »
Today my DH and I spent the afternoon at Judy's, sharing some of JD's wonderful food and a few pre-Xmas bubbles with Judy and Geoff.  It was a lovely afternoon  :D
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child