Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6122057 times)

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #16470 on: November 03, 2014, 12:53:07 pm »
Very cool SS

We have been walking eating and shopping our way around beautiful Berrima NSW. Gorgeous cakes, and a really interesting bakery with an oven c 1850s. Going to have a lot of fast days in the next few weeks ;D
The town is full of huge trees. That magnificent English Oak behind the cars was planted in 1890 by Sir Henry Parkes.

“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #16471 on: November 03, 2014, 01:16:38 pm »
Wow Gayle it looks so lovely. I know what you mean about fasting but do it later and just enjoy the moment.
After Tassie I need to lose kilos but just enjoy this trip and worry about fast days later. Life is short so eat drink and be  merry!!! Like us in Tassie and previously in Adelaide  ;D ;D ;D

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #16472 on: November 03, 2014, 01:23:02 pm »
Oh MF I managed to put on nearly 2 kg in Hobart (must have been all those bubbles ;D). Did I mention that the food in Goulburn was great with huge portion sizes and the food in Berrima was lovely too! So eat drink and be merry it most definitely was :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16473 on: November 03, 2014, 01:26:05 pm »
You hit the ground running Gaye, from Hobart straight into the motor home and off again.  Where are you heading from here?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #16474 on: November 03, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »
Judy I think we are going to be home for a couple of weeks now (except this weekend is a local Arts Trail event so I'll be out all weekend). Have a lot of work, gardening, housework, cooking and fast days to catch up on  ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16475 on: November 03, 2014, 03:55:49 pm »
Magnificent Oak Tree Gayle.Loved all your photos ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16476 on: November 03, 2014, 09:17:50 pm »
Lovely area Gayle. We always loved travelling down that way.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #16477 on: November 03, 2014, 09:18:50 pm »
Loving the photos Gayle, enjoy it all, you sound as though you still have a busy time ahead.  ;D  

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16478 on: November 03, 2014, 09:44:27 pm »
Thanks Gayle and SS for the photos.
I had my Thermoserver demo last night. Totally forgot the need for an oven ( mine is broken).  My air fryer and Chookies post on times for bread rolls worked beautifully.
I am finding my TM5 much slower to get to temp, I tested it  against my consultant and hers was the same.  Maybe I have a "hot" 31 but it gets to 100 almost 2 minutes before TM 5.  There are many features I love but this is a disappointment for me.  I think it's probably protecting the machine and will be happy if it keeps going like the 31 or 21 for that matter.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 10:15:35 pm by Bedlam »
Denise

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #16479 on: November 03, 2014, 10:24:58 pm »
Very cool SS

We have been walking eating and shopping our way around beautiful Berrima NSW.

Sounds the perfect way to travel!   8)

Wow shellshadies....how fantastic!...says me who can't even drive a manual car  :P

Hope you've all been good!
Feel bad for waking up both kids this morning, when 1 has the day off & the other doesn't start until 11am  :-X. Oh well.

Life is still not dull here.  We're in hay season, & paddock taxi (me), has been all over the place.  There will be hay shortages everywhere because of the weather & its effects, but thankfully hubby locked up paddocks early...and we have lots.  We have already sold a lot, which is really concerning for the farmers, and so early.  The sad part is price increases as it becomes scarce...

Unfortunately DD had the unpleasant task of identifying (excuse my French) a *sicksonofabitch*, for "acts" he does in front of school girls.
This happened in April, & DD has already been through the process of video statements.   Unfortunately because of her age, she will have to give evidence in court.   Not sure when this will happen, but no doubt sometime next year (hopefully not during exams).  They have been trying to catch this guy for nearly 2 years.  DD has quite the photographic memory, & they actually caught him that day from her description.

On a happier note, my first candle party was on the weekend.  I really hadn't planned to be doing parties, but a friend was adamant she was having one  :P  Sales were over $800....nearly fell off my chair!   Another party has been booked, so it looks like I might skip the markets & continue the party path.

DS who is 12, is quite the avid cricketer, plays for an under 15's team & a seniors team already.  He's been selected to try out for a league team....hope he makes it, but gosh, I don't think I can mentally watch 3 cricket matches in a week....I will simply go nutty!   Could there be a more boring sport to watch???

I might dust the cobwebs off my oven, & make some cappuccino muffins...there can never be enough coffee me thinks  :)
xxx
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16480 on: November 03, 2014, 10:59:37 pm »
How awful for your DD, but pleased her statement helped identify him.
I think its  a hard life for a farmer,  and appreciate the efforts they go to keep us fed.

Wow your party plan candles sounds the way to go.  Well done. Must confess I miss your wonderful cake photos though.

Take care, always good to hear your news.
Denise

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #16481 on: November 03, 2014, 11:56:28 pm »
Maddy, not a nice experience for your DD, thank goodness they have caught him though.

Definitely, a busy time on the farms but so necessary to try and put hay aside for later.

Your candle party was a great success and will look forward to hearing more.  Are you selling online yet?

Like Bedlam, I too really miss your wonderful cake photos and look forward to hearing more of your news.
Take care

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16482 on: November 04, 2014, 12:00:08 am »
Hi maddy, lovely to hear what's going on in your life - as usual, plenty!  Well done DD, that lad cannot be allowed to get away with this type of behaviour. Unfortunately court appearances may be traumatic for her but if we all kept quiet about things we know are wrong, imagine how the world would be.  It's bad enough as it is.  I knew your candles would be a hit, well done and here's to continued success with everything you do.  Your DH has obviously done the right thing as far as his crops are concerned and is now reaping the benefits, pun intended.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16483 on: November 04, 2014, 12:05:22 am »
Yes indeed we have missed your wonderful cake making.

Embrace the cricket. It is a good chance to sit on your bum and read a book between lifting DG's when you hear a shout.

DD' will be just fine and although not a good experience an experience none the less. An opportunity to learn how the justice system works and how to be a good citizen .

You should not be surprised at how well you did at you candle party. We certainly are not! Well done girl.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16484 on: November 04, 2014, 01:43:41 am »
Congratulations Maddy. Your DD is a very brave young lady and should be congratulated. She has probably saved a lot of girls from a frightening experience.
The life of farmers is never easy, take care. I shall look for Maddy's DS playing for Australia.

Gayle does that beautiful red corvette follow you everywhere? The photos make me so jealous. We haven't been touring for over 12 months.

Today I am sitting doing my most favourite thing (NOT) in working on the Model A books. Everyone wants things done differently as the reviews are done for our sponsors. I do hope this will be the last.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/