Author Topic: ORANGE MUFFINS  (Read 36434 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: ORANGE MUFFINS
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2010, 01:28:36 pm »
yes totally! the mum was quite impressed with the pip!  And I wouldn't worry about my bub, he is used to eating bits off my kitchen floor and knows what to spit out  :)

;D ;D

These sound wonderful! I love all the tweaks that everyone has come up with, especially the Lindt Orange Intense!

I use a mixture of weights and cups. I have some wonderful stainless steel cup measurements and tend to use those. The only time I'm pedantic about weight is with things like bread and pastry.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Rosie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 06:59:49 am »
Hi Trudy
Went searching for Orange cake and found your orange muffins. I'm not sure how many dozen I've made, they seem to go as fast as I can make them. Thanks so much for this recipe its delicious.  I used an old icecream scoop with the flicky thing to scoop the mixture out, which gives a regular size and neat shape. Just intime for the orange and lemon season.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 12:43:55 pm »
These muffins look great and it has been very interesting reading the posts on gms versus cups etc!  I have to admit, one of the things that attracted me to the Thermomix was the scales - I was gobsmacked that it was able to weigh each ingredient separately.  Has anyone made these muffins the night before and they are okay the next day? Sometimes I have found with muffins you need to eat them on the day you make them.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 12:50:43 pm »
Hi Kezza,

Yes you can make these muffins the night before.  Inface they will keep a couple of days and can also be frozen.  Good luck.  Hope you like them.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 12:52:21 pm »
Hi Rosie,  Glad you liked them. I also cheat and sometimes use them as puddings served with custard.  Makes a quick and easy dessert.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 12:57:59 pm »
Thanks Trudy.  Loved your idea of using as an easy dessert - maybe could add some Grand Marnier or Cointreau for extra pizazz :-))

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 06:40:08 am »
I've changed my recipe to 200g sugar and 320g of flour. I added an extra 2/3 of a cup of flour to get the 320g.

I used tangellos and they were delicious. I'm planning to make them with mandarins and lemons as well since I have so many of those given to me by people who are cleverer than me and grow them! I guess I'd add more sugar for lemons, or perhaps ice them
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 05:55:44 am »
Hi Trudy
Went searching for Orange cake and found your orange muffins. I'm not sure how many dozen I've made, they seem to go as fast as I can make them. Thanks so much for this recipe its delicious.  I used an old icecream scoop with the flicky thing to scoop the mixture out, which gives a regular size and neat shape. Just intime for the orange and lemon season.

Just realized that I should have said Welcome here !!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:58:06 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 05:59:55 am »
Made these last night and I loved them. I didn't put in the sultanas, nuts or choc chips and they still worked. 

Only problem I found was that 1 1/2 cups of flour by my measurement didn't weight anything near 330gm so I split the difference - still worked fine.

Oooops  - should have said Welcome to you too  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2010, 04:28:06 am »
Trudy these are divine.  I made them for the first time yesterday.  I made Jaffa ones with 100g chopped pecans and 100g chopped chocolate.  I just loved them smell of them baking. Mmmmmmmm!  :)

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 12:31:52 am »
Trudy, these have become a staple in our house. I just make sure I buy an orange when I go shopping and when I have the oven on I make up a batch and then freeze any that don't get eaten straight away and that way DH has something for his morning & afternoon teas when he goes to work - unless the kids polish them off before then. I only make them with the choc bits and all my friends love them. Will have to try the Lindt idea.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 05:31:04 am »
Thanks - Glad you all like them.  I still haven't gotten around to making them with the Lintz choc.  I have the cocolate but just keep forgetting!!!!!!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:42 pm »
These were much appreciated in our house as well Trudy.I added chocolate and walnuts as DH and DS are not too keen on sultanas (called slugs in our house :D :D)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:16:29 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 11:52:02 pm »
Good on you CC.  It's great to see people adding their own touches. 

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 11:08:13 am »
Oh yum!! Made these this afternoon with choc chips, love them.
I made 24 mini muffins and 4 larger (small muffin size) ones from the mix.