Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6119096 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #21630 on: May 30, 2018, 02:31:20 pm »
 I hope to cookie, it all depends on how much trouble it all is.  They hope to connect me in the next week or so.  I’ve changed my mobile phone plan from pre-paid and now I have $500 worth of calls in my plan.  I’m supposed to get 7 GB data as well but Telstra staff were unable to get that to work on my existing phone so I’m not bothering with any data and will continue to carry one of my iPads around with me.  I’ve been into Telstra 5 times in the last 10 days just for the phone.  Who knows how the connection to the NBN will go but I was prepared for trouble as a lot of my friends have already been connected and none of them had it run smoothly. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21631 on: May 30, 2018, 03:26:11 pm »
Well done Chookie on winning the battle with your computer.

I took Chance for his annual vaccinations this morning. While there I discussed what to do about a fatty lump Chance has had for a few years on the side. It’s got bigger and after discussing the pros and cons of removing it we have decided it should be removed. So next week he’s off to the vets for the procedure to remove it, clean his teeth and re-microchip him. The vet couldn’t find his original chip when he scanned him this morning. It’s now offense not to have your dog microchipped.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #21632 on: May 30, 2018, 09:25:39 pm »
Yes, that was the tomato plant, Chookie.

The NBN is a nightmare.  Apparently once it comes to your area you HAVE to upgrade(?!?) to it.  We have had it in Guildford for well over a year now (we were some of the first areas to get it) and I have to say, I don't find it any different to the old system, certainly not noticeably better / faster.

Good luck to Chance next week, CC.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21633 on: May 30, 2018, 11:15:55 pm »
I have been working hard at building up my SD starter for the SD workshops.  It is a learning experience for me. I have 2 , 6 litre containers which I continually feed. I have had them sitting on the bench for 3 days now.
We have NBN and have no trouble at all. We don’t know anything about it.  DS organized  it. He works forTelstra.   He was able to talk to whoever with the technical jargon.  Don’t think we would have coped.
Didn’t get the baking done yesterday. Will see how I go today.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #21634 on: May 30, 2018, 11:50:23 pm »
We have had the NBN for almost a year now.  Fortunately we had no problems connecting ours. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21635 on: May 31, 2018, 12:31:50 am »
Best of luck with Chance Denise, obviously his age is not a problem for having the op.
You are so lucky having a DS to help out with phone, internet problems Chookie.  When I was at the Telstra shop yesterday the place was full of seniors, one lady had to be in her 90’s.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:33:38 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21636 on: May 31, 2018, 07:47:00 am »
I'm sure Chance will be brave CC. It may be the owner who will be nervous.
DD will be sorting our NBN out when it comes. We have been told we HAVE to connect or we will lose our home phone line. We will wait and see.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #21637 on: May 31, 2018, 09:27:28 am »
Went to the surgeon to get the results of a biopsy on one of my knees - a totally benign lump and not to be worried about at all.   PHEW!!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21638 on: May 31, 2018, 11:02:04 am »
Marina,  that is very good.  But always a worry with lumps.  Even Chance has lumps.
I had mine removed but still not sure it was necessary. I had a nasty reaction to the stuff they swabbed me with and ended up in hospital.
We hung up some pictures today.  Still many to go.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #21639 on: May 31, 2018, 08:53:03 pm »
Marina,  that is very good.  But always a worry with lumps.  Even Chance has lumps.
I had mine removed but still not sure it was necessary. I had a nasty reaction to the stuff they swabbed me with and ended up in hospital.
We hung up some pictures today.  Still many to go.
"They" (whomever "they" are) say hospital is the best place to be if you are sick, but you sometimes wonder about that these days, don't you.

Hope all is well with you now.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #21640 on: June 01, 2018, 01:03:42 am »
Cuilidh, good news your lump was not serious.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #21641 on: June 01, 2018, 02:31:15 am »
Well Melbourne is always eventful ! DD and I were travelling along Westgate bridge outbound and now there are more roadworks so 80ks only when you come off it for quite awhile . All of a sudden I lost power 😬 In five lanes of traffic semis every way I looked , hazards lights on then trying to merge to the left . Had to be in the fourth lane.Really never want to be in that situation again . By the time I managed to get on the little bit on the side of the road I was shaking . Deep breath turned the car off and ran through every possibility. Knew that there had to be a me error as nothing came up on the dashboard. I must have knocked the seed limiter button ( now on 100+++ ) drive slowly on the side of road to test that all ok ( hazards lights on ) . Stopped in Ballarat and had all checked out . So pleased that all ok . Long drive to return DD to boardo and pick up DS after hockey practice then home . Quite day now .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21642 on: June 01, 2018, 03:19:00 am »
Oh K Atie. I do feel for you.  Had the same thing happen a couple of years ago but in better road conditions. The drive to and from Melbourne is horrid with all the road works. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21643 on: June 01, 2018, 08:49:16 am »
K Atie what a terrifying thing to happen. You did very well.

Lumps are always a worry and best checked out. Marina, my DH says hospitals are full of sick people and you could catch anything!!!!! One day he may have to find out.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #21644 on: June 01, 2018, 09:26:54 am »
K atie, that sounds horrible.  I also had a similar experience so can sympathise completely.  Glad all is well now.