Author Topic: Bite-Sized Choc Almond Butter Biscuits (with photos)  (Read 6423 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Bite-Sized Choc Almond Butter Biscuits (with photos)
« on: June 10, 2012, 10:42:53 am »
Bite-Sized Choc Almond Butter Biscuits
Ingredients:
125g raw almonds
125g butter, at room temperature
110g caster sugar
1 egg
340g SR flour
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp cocoa powder

Preparation:
1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Place butter and sugar in TM bowl and cream for 25 seconds/speed 4-5.
3. Add egg and beat for 15 seconds/speed 4-5. Scrape down sides of TM bowl and beat for a further 20 seconds/speed 4-5.
4. Add flour and knead for 1 minute/interval speed.
5. Add 1 tbsp water and continue kneading on interval speed until a soft dough is formed, adding a little more water is necessary.
6. Remove half of dough from TM and set aside. Add cocoa to TM bowl and knead for 1 minute/interval speed or until combined.
7. Leave chocolate dough in TM while you prepare plain butter dough: fold in half the almonds and shape into a long sausage. Do the same with chocolate dough. (See photo 1).
8. Cut each length of dough in half and carefully roll out each half into thinner sausage shapes. (See photo 2).
9. Take one length of each flavour dough and twist around each other, so you have two two-tone sausages. (See photo 3).
10. Wrap each two-tone dough sausage in baking paper. Carefully transfer to the fridge for 1 hour, or until they are firm.
11. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line baking trays with paper.
12. Use a sharp knife to cut rounds of dough. Place on baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes. (See photo 4. You can space them closer together than I did because they don't spread much.)
13. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy as a delicate treat with a cuppa.

Notes
This dough can be kept tightly wrapped in the fridge for up to a fortnight, and sliced and baked as needed. Very handy ;)

members' comments

JD - Amy, you are not going to believe this but today I made biscuits using this same method.  Mine are called chocolate swirl biscuits and are very similar to your recipe but without the almonds and with the addition of coconut.  Half the batch has cocoa in it and the other half has white chocolate.  I didn't get the swirly thing happening as well as you but they are very tasty.  I've frozen half the dough as it makes so many. Yours look great, thanks for posting it.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:15:30 pm by judydawn »

• View Profile
Re: Bite-Sized Choc Almond Butter Biscuits (with photos)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:43:49 am »
Photos of cooked biscuits ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 10:59:33 am »
Amy, you are not going to believe this but today I made biscuits using this same method.  Mine are called chocolate swirl biscuits and are very similar to your recipe but without the almonds and with the addition of coconut.  Half the batch has cocoa in it and the other half has white chocolate.  I didn't get the swirly thing happening as well as you but they are very tasty.  I've frozen half the dough as it makes so many. Yours look great, thanks for posting it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:02:50 am »
Amy, you are not going to believe this but today I made biscuits using this same method.  Mine are called chocolate swirl biscuits and are very similar to your recipe but without the almonds and with the addition of coconut.  Half the batch has cocoa in it and the other half has white chocolate.  I didn't get the swirly thing happening as well as you but they are very tasty.  I've frozen half the dough as it makes so many. Yours look great, thanks for posting it.

LOL Judy that is soooo funny!! We must have been on the same brain wavelength when we decided to make our biscuits ;D ;D
Thank you, yours look really yummy too :-*

jakodai

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:03:39 am »
They look fantastic Amy - very creative!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:28:01 pm »
Wow! Who wouldn't want one of those biscuits Amy,they are just lovely  :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 02:00:24 pm »
Looks yummy

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:20:42 pm »
They look divine!

Just wondering why the almonds have to be soaked?
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 12:21:19 am »
Thanks ladies!! :D

Just wondering why the almonds have to be soaked?

So you can cut through them more easily when you are slicing the dough into rounds for baking ;)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 12:24:58 am »
Wow they look great. Never thought of making biscuits like that before :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 12:31:05 am »
Wow they look great. Never thought of making biscuits like that before :D

Thanks Mandi :D I have a recipe for Lemon Chocolate Pinwheels that uses the same idea of two different flavoured doughs. I haven't converted it for TM yet though. I need to do that. Some time... :-))