Author Topic: Sample Forum recipe cookbook and website - feedback please  (Read 39637 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Sample Forum recipe cookbook and website - feedback please
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2010, 09:45:02 am »
I find the TMX brush too stiff to get to the bottom,  and last time we had his discussion on the forum,  I took fright and took it to pieces.   Clean as clean.   No one has been poisoned yet.  This is possibly because I cook in it every day ,  usually hot stuff.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2010, 12:53:14 am »
I find a quick spin of the blades at high speed will flick most stuff out then water over the blades with detergent at a good high speed then reverse. I only take apart once a day. If you are finding potatoes are sticking everytime, try reducing time by 1 min or so. Or try a different method like steam potatoes in rice basket then mashing by emptying water and putting on speed 6-7 for 10-20 sec.  ;)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2010, 04:45:39 am »
I have no trouble cleaning my blades at all. I remove them after each cooking session.  Bought a thin bottle brush and it does the trick whilst I hold it under running water.
Potatoes are best cooked in the basket and only mashed in the bowl, no cooked-on mess to clean up and if you soak the bowl whilst you are eating your meal, that helps too.  I never leave it just sitting there, I either clean it immediately or at least soak it for later.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2010, 04:57:06 am »
I find the TMX brush too stiff to clean properly under the blades too.  I buy cheap flexible ones from my local $2 shop and they work a treat.  I do have a little bottle brush, but just use that occasionally now as my bigger ones do the job nicely.  :)

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2010, 05:41:18 am »
I've found that cotton buds work really well to get under the blades, and the cheaper brands that aren't very flexible are best.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2010, 06:39:49 am »
Do you guys have the old TMX brush or the new one?  The new one is softer, and works really well.

I never have a problem with my mashed potato sticking, but it could be because I use rice-almond milk not cow's milk.  (It doesn't bubble up and overflow with rice-almond milk either.)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2010, 09:30:02 am »
I have also found to get stubborn dough that is caught under blades out - throw some flour in and give it a whizz it usually get all comes away easy.  ;)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2010, 02:54:55 am »
It's funny how we all do it differently.  I don't think twice about disassembling the jug after each use, and washing it all separately.  Just habit now  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2010, 03:46:48 am »
Wonder if I should move the blade cleaning part to another area?  It is amazing how many different methods people have for cleaning.

I like Gerty's bazooka brushes !
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.