Author Topic: Sample Forum recipe cookbook and website - feedback please  (Read 39852 times)

Offline Russell

• View Profile
Re: Sample Forum recipe cookbook and website - feedback please
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2010, 05:48:45 am »
Oh just checked, yeah that was the one :)

Offline Russell

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2010, 05:52:42 am »
AH HA! I just figured it out.

The import associated the can of creamed form with a unit of "1 jar" and then put the 420 in the quantity, so it had 420 jars of creamed corn :)

Comes out as 2050 grams when I fixed that one  :P

Russell.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2010, 05:54:16 am »
73kg....whew!   :D poor little TM would have a part attack!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Russell

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2010, 06:02:42 am »
Heh yeah.

Well I just did a quick run through the recipes and there were quite a few with that gotcha. I've updated them all in LC, but won't refresh the cookbook till I get a few extras in, as it's a bit fiddly redoing the formatting every time. Now that I'm almost back in the land of the living again, i can hopefully start doing some more conversions.

Russell.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2010, 01:38:53 am »

Not sure, I'll look into it when I have a bit more time. Did I mention previously that one of the yields came out at 73Kg!! I sent a bug report to the developers, but have had no reply. I suggest best to ignore it for now.

That is for a BIG party - lots of friends.  Bit like the loaves and fishes deal ?  would be in big demand to put in 2kg and get 73kg yield

;D ;D ;D ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Russell

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2010, 11:15:45 pm »
Hey Folks,

Been a crazy couple of weeks, being sick, then on holidays, then back to work and my project ramping up, I've had no time for playing. Haven't even been reading the forum, so I'm miles behind. Mothers day this weekend, so stuff to do there still (yikes, wheer did the week go??). So the cookbook stuff is a little slow at the moment. Will get back to it when I can.

Russell.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2010, 03:35:48 am »
yes, your absence was noted  ;D pleased that you are now on deck and fighting fit
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2010, 05:36:16 am »
Wow, great job! 

I use chicken fricasse, Dan's Shepherds Pie, chicken and bacon pasta bake a lot when cooking for my children...might be worth adding :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2010, 03:00:19 am »
Hope things settle soon - I know how it is.  I feel guilty if I don't get something on here - especially recipes are a bit behind!

Hope your health is improving.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2010, 08:44:36 am »
Yes I noticed too and thought it would be something like that so didn't want to push you - This is suppose to make your life easier and better off so don't go worrying yourself about how long it takes you -  I 'll be happy to get it whenever it comes - such a BIG job - thanks heaps for doing it. And yes, wife comes first - Happy wife - happy life!  ;)

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2010, 11:31:42 am »
whaaaaat?

Russell isn't Superman???  :D

Here's to better weeks/months ahead!  8)
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Russell

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2010, 03:42:12 am »
Err, I lied, I'm not dedicating time back here again yet. Since we're still restricted to the FAILSAFE cookbook, we've been spending almost every weekend just cooking for the week coming, so I have stuff to take with me to Brisbane for the week. Been a bit stressful trying to adjust the family life to match as well. So it's basically the same recipes over & over & over. the TMX has been a godsend though, makes cooking so quick. Just wish washing the blades was easier :(

Sorry folks, going to be AWOL a little longer.

Russell.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2010, 03:45:30 am »
Good to hear from you Russell  :)
Hope life gets a little simpler for you soon.
We appreciate what you have done so far, so let the family come first  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2010, 07:54:40 am »
Russell,  as soon as you have finished cooking something,  tip it out and fill the TMX bowl with water.    Use a baby's bottle brush ($5) at Safeway , it has a blue handle. and swish it around the bowl going up and down on the blades.  If stuff like bread dough or mashed potato is stuck under the blades,  just keep poking the bottle brush at it.  I haven't taken the blades out for about 3 months.  Good luck and hope you settle into your busy life soon.

Offline Russell

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2010, 08:04:57 am »
Russell,  as soon as you have finished cooking something,  tip it out and fill the TMX bowl with water.    Use a baby's bottle brush ($5) at Safeway , it has a blue handle. and swish it around the bowl going up and down on the blades.  If stuff like bread dough or mashed potato is stuck under the blades,  just keep poking the bottle brush at it.  I haven't taken the blades out for about 3 months.  Good luck and hope you settle into your busy life soon.

Hmm well,

I usually chuck in some detergent and warm water and do the reverse for 20 seconds, which works quite well, but there's always stuff under the blades between the spindle & base that never comes out, and I have to end up micro-cleaning with a toothbrush (which isn't long enough in the bristles). Also bought another brush with longer bristles, but it's too soft wand doesn't move the stuck bits. Then there's the mashed potato etc that cooks to the base and needs disassembly to scrub clean as well. At least that's usually easy.

We wanted the TMX brush when we got our machine, but the consultant forgot to bring it with, and it's too much bother to get to her again just for that.

3 months hey? I wish. Have you looked at yours to see what's growing there? :)

Russell.