Author Topic: How to clean TM  (Read 2490 times)

Offline James

• View Profile
How to clean TM
« on: December 04, 2011, 04:24:32 pm »
Made a chicken curry which was yum, but can't get rid of the curry odor from the bowl and lid, any tips gratefully accepted.

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Re: How to clean TM
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 05:54:01 pm »
Hi James

I get that problem when making curry or stuff with lots of garlic in it.  I wouldn't worry too much about it so long as it is clean - the smell will not permeate into your next meal.  I made some very strong garlic soup once and it had a very garlicky smell after washing but it was not a problem.  I make regular batches of TMX lemonade in it (so addictive!) and that clears any existing smells.

There may be a chemical way of reducing the smell, but I wouldn't know what that would be as I am new to the TM.

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:50:18 pm »
There have been a few discussions about smelly lids, etc. on here in the past.  You could have a look at this one or this one .... or this one. 

I have to say that my lid seems to smell permanently, no matter what I do.  I don't really cook anything very strong smelling but the smell tends to linger no matter what I do.  Hopefully you will find a solution for yours in one of the above links.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:12:51 am »
Another lid seal is only $20.  If you are worried about the curry smell, keep one seal specially for curries.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 05:09:04 am »
James I believe the new seals can develop a smell. It's probably best to have a special one for curries.  Fortunately I have the old seals but one of those now needs replacing.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/