Author Topic: I want I want I want!!!!!!!!!  (Read 25029 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
I want I want I want!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:56:14 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I have a number of friends that have purchased Thermomix over the past few months and after seeing one in the flesh on the weekend, I am off to a party to see it in three weeks time.  I don't know where I can wait that long though - I want it now! 

All I have to do now is convince my wonderful husband of the marvels of TM. I am extremely lucky to have literally every single kitchen appliance in existence and he reminds me of this at every opportunity.  Please,  I need your help to assist me with the convincing.

Thanks,

Leesmac78

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: I want I want I want!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 09:27:05 pm »
Lol. I love the title of this post. I don't blame you for wanting a TM. They are brilliant. Is your hubby going to the Demo as well?  From past comments on the forum taking hubby to a Demo is the best way to convince them of the benefits in owning a TM. I think it's the talk of titanium and blades that spin as fast as a jet engine that get men excited about the TM lol. Anyway good luck. I hope you get what you Want, want, want.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:30:53 pm »
The best way is to get your DH to a demo. I got mine there under false pretences by telling him he was going to have a beer with the host's hubby - not to watch the demo. Once he saw what it could do he was all for buying the machine. Unless someone else has any suggestions I can only suggest that you revert to woman's long time tool - nag, nag, nag. Also I calculated my shopping bills after TMX and the difference was about $50 per week. Didn't take that long to pay for itself - especially when I bought it just before Xmas and it really impacted on that shopping bill. I know others have sold of their other appliances (ones that would become redundant) before purchasing TMX to fund their purchase.

However you manage it - good luck with the convincing.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:37:05 pm »
Welcome to the forum, leesmac78 - husbands and demos - a combination made in heaven!!  Good luck
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 09:53:49 pm »
I agree, hubby needs to be at the demo.welcome to the forum  leesmac78
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 10:01:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum leesmac78 - having your DH see the thermie in action is essential and as twitterpated commented then revert to the dripping tap method (nagging be it subtle).  :)  :)
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 12:38:59 am »
The girls are right leesmac78, if you can get him to the demo you are almost guaranteed he will give in.  Over time it is a huge money saver and you only have to sit him down in front of the computer and show him our response to your question, browse through the 'what are you cooking for dinner' section to see all the lovely photos and that may do the trick.  Good luck.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 01:54:52 am »
welcome to the forum leesmac78. Here on this post, another forum member also faced the same situation and lots of members gave their Wily Ways tips n tricks. I won't tell you if or how she got one cos that would just spoil it  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline davellas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 02:20:47 am »
Hi Leemac78.....I'm very new to Thermomix as well...I just received mine on Monday night! YAY. When I first told my hubby that I was going to a demo.....He didn't know what I was even going to see but the first thing he said was "DON'T BUY ANYTHING!!!!" lol. I came home and told him he would be so happy with me cause I didn't buy it...BUT I'm having a demo so you can see this AWESOME machine in action....I'm positive I seen an eyeroll  :-)) lol As soon as he seen the sorbet he was sold! The custard just locked it in! lol. Now he is such an avid supporter of the thermomix! He even made his own custard last night! and on the weekend I'm having a girlfriend over who is dragging her hubby along so My hubby can help convince hers!!!! So in my case I got through to my hubby via his stomach!!!  ;)

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 03:13:12 am »
Welcome to the forum.  I agree, take Hubby to the demo and you will find it will be "his" decision to buy!!  Good luck!!!

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 06:37:57 am »
Thank you for all your help.  Keep them coming.  I feel like I have a petition almost ready to present - such fun!!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 09:34:10 am »
I must agree with all of the above. It was my DH who said he wanted me to have one.(only so he could get a vintage car). He still tells everyone that it is the best thing he has ever told me to buy and would buy another in a flash, even though the only thing he can make is rice pudding.
Good luck.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 10:28:14 am »
Welcome to the forum.I did nag my husband about buying a TM that eventually he arranged a demo for my birthday.Unknown to me he had already purchased it, so it was mine at the end of the demo. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 12:24:58 pm »
Hi Leesmac78  :)
Ummmm.....I never even mentioned it to my hubby, until I organised the demo, and then  it magically turned up on my kitchen bench  ;D  could you do it that way?   :P
When I get asked how much anything is, the rule of thumb is quote 50% less  ;)  ;)

Just had a thought.....tell him he'll get lucky if you get one....that usually does it  :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:30:08 pm by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 01:39:12 pm »
Oh Maddy, what a fabulous idea.  That might just do the trick!