Author Topic: UK Fast and Easy Cookbook  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
UK Fast and Easy Cookbook
« on: September 06, 2010, 05:41:53 am »
Is anyone prepared to share their thoughts on this book? I'm thinking of purchasing it but wanted to see what others thought before I forked out for it!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: UK Fast and Easy Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 05:53:38 am »
I don't use it a lot to be honest, but there are a couple of recipes that I have tried and that we have enjoyed.  It is like the EDC in that it has a good mix of homestyle recipes and the recipes appear quite reliable (unlike older versions of our EDC).  My only real gripe with it is that some of the recipes use the stovetop when with a little more thought it could all have been done in the TMX.  There is one recipe in the book where the TMX is only used to chop and then everything else is done on the stove, but it could have easily been done in the TMX.

We do love the homestyle choc chip cookies from this book though and I would probably say it has been worth the purchase just for this recipe.  Hope this helps a little.  :)

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:18:04 am »
Thanks Chelsea that does help a lot. The recipes looked lovely so think I will give it a go.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 03:28:36 am »
I think that there are some great ideas in the book and  probably worth having.  There are a lot of recipes.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.