Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8927091 times)

Offline mama_bel

• View Profile
    • Home Cooked
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1755 on: October 06, 2009, 12:41:57 am »
Phew, Karen - how many Thermomix machines do you have???

TMB, that's funny. :)

I've been making a bit of cheese - some buttermilk cheese and some yoghurt cheese and some cottage cheese...  We have loads of milk so I'm always looking for ideas of what to make with it.  TMX is great for heating milk to a certain temp etc!  Our chooks are loving all the whey they get for brekky!
Bel
Growing, cooking, learning, working at home...
So why am I always in the car?

http://belcooks.blogspot.com/

Offline mama_bel

• View Profile
    • Home Cooked
« Reply #1756 on: October 06, 2009, 12:43:24 am »
Are you going to use your dulce de leche in a brownie recipe, how good does that sound.  Thanks for finding that one.

Yes, JD, I hope to.  I don't make sweet things often, but it looks so very yummy!
Bel
Growing, cooking, learning, working at home...
So why am I always in the car?

http://belcooks.blogspot.com/

Offline Angela

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: October 06, 2009, 06:44:43 am »
I'm about to attempt the butter chicken out of the EDc cookbook. I've had a few not so great outcomes with main meals but I'm told the butter chicken always works and is delicious. I searched it out and have read all the tips so wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1758 on: October 06, 2009, 06:57:17 am »
i know most people like the butter chicken but i didn't ;) i've got my own version, cooking it later this week, yummo!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Tebasile

• View Profile
    • http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1759 on: October 06, 2009, 07:21:55 am »
"Yesterday" I made Frischkornbrei, green smoothie, pumpkin soup, marinated tofu on bok choy, kitchari and cucumber salad with arame. The dehydrator was busy with mangos, peaches, marinated portabellos and carrot patties.
Elisabeth -Thermomix Consultant- from Ontario, Canada
http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: October 06, 2009, 08:50:00 am »
I've made the Tikka paste from the Indian cookbook. I varied it a bit and maybe I shouldn't have but it tastes ok. Having a version of Nico's quiche tonight.  Will use the Tikka paste in a couple of nights.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Angela

• View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: October 06, 2009, 01:29:09 pm »
The butter chicken worked! I have tasted better so might have to play around with the spices (will check your recipe out Karen) but overall it was good. I also made chocolate custard which is sooooooo good :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: October 06, 2009, 01:34:36 pm »
Today we had leftovers for lunch, made a pot of chicken soup and then de-fatted 2kg chicken thighs - by the time I finished that job it was too late to worry about what to cook for tea so all I did was some potato fritters.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: October 06, 2009, 02:50:58 pm »
I made butter, and a made up chicken carbonara type pasta sauce. 

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: October 06, 2009, 03:11:05 pm »
The day before yesterday I made Lentil Dahl, and lots of steamed rice.  Yesterday I did the chopping and preparation of  marrow, lemon & ginger jam, then cooked it today after it's soaking/resting time.  I prefer the one I made last week to this one, and that one was a lot less cooking time.  Unless my DH completely raves about this one, I'll stick to the recipe I posted in the jams section, and just add ginger to it in future.  I'm not a big one for ginger in jams (don't know why) but DH is, so I always make some jams without, and some with.

I'm about to go and make some of Bron's egg custard.  The plan is to have portions of it in the freezer ready to reheat to go with puddings.  I'm hoping that it works, and doesn't go all grainy or separate!

Tonight I'm making the stir fry which I intended to make last night  :-)) 
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Sim

• Owner of a Melbourne-Based Cookie Company ;-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: October 07, 2009, 12:22:32 am »
I made the best vegetarian soup last night, it was really tasty, and I am really surprised (just having a bit of a brag... it only happens occasionally) . I just chucked some veggies in the TM basically. It had onion & garlic (sauteed), 2 zucchinis, 1 tomato, about 200g canned corn kernals, 2 tsp TM veggie concentrate, 5 tsp tomato paste, water, and a little broken spaghetti. I am pretty sure that was it. I really should write down things when I cook, because I just chuck things in and wait to see what happens, lol, then forget what it was that I did.

I have it for lunch again today, and I am excited.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #1766 on: October 07, 2009, 12:26:54 am »
Made a carrot and white chocolate custard as a trila last night.  Yummo if I don't say so myself.  Actually have been out again on Sunday, Monday and last night - Bimby missing the attention.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: October 07, 2009, 07:20:48 am »
I'm making chick pea soup today for tomorrows lunch and trying out a juice I want to serve. I may make a couple of the salads too.  Will also be trying the mayonnaise. :-))
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: October 07, 2009, 08:17:07 am »
Today was my last chance to get some things cooked and into the fridge for the next couple of days before GS comes to stay for his week from lunchtime tomorrow.  For him I have made apricot chicken, mashed potato and steamed up a heap of vegies to use for his meals for a couple of days (he can share with us). For our meal tonight I made some crepes then Karen's chicken and ricotta crepe bake which I will review after we've had them.  Haven't made any desserts for him as he loves his baby yoghurts and fresh fruit so have to check with DD just how much sugar he is allowed to have in custards, rice puddings etc.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Green

• View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: October 07, 2009, 08:47:23 am »
I'm making chick pea soup today for tomorrows lunch and trying out a juice I want to serve. I may make a couple of the salads too.  Will also be trying the mayonnaise. :-))

I haven't tried the Mayo yet. I think that's something I'll stuff up. LOL!

Today I made some oat, banana and dried fruit cookies. I'll get some taste testers before I post the recipe. ;) I have tomato pasta sauce with pork and veal meatballs in the slow cooker for the kidlets dinner.
I also made a chicken wonton soup from a weight watchers cookbook. I was supposed to have it for lunch but I'm still making it and it's now 4:30pm!
The wontons are great to freeze too. So that's a time saver bonus. Just fiddly in the beginning, especially when you have to play "cars" with the toddler whilst making them! ;D

I will report back on it's success though. I'm going to cook them in the varoma and the stock in the TMX bowl. Wish me luck!

This was my first attempt at using non TMX recipes. So far so good.