Author Topic: Baf's Chicken in Varoma with all the variations.  (Read 199623 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Baf's Chicken in Varoma with all the variations.
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2012, 09:57:38 pm »
Thanks chookie.

Amy & Blackwood which one are you cooking.

I will add thyme to my chicken.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2012, 10:02:38 pm »
Haven't decided on that bit yet Hally, but I'll let you know as soon as I do ;) I won't do the one you're doing though, I'll do something different ;D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2012, 10:43:41 pm »
I'm another one who hasn't made this (not that I remember anyway). I'm actually not a fan of boiled potatoes, they have to be golden brown and crispy for me to eat them.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2012, 01:02:38 am »
I've only done this a few times, it's something you can just throw together when you've had a busy day.  It's healthy and light and the basic recipe is a little bland but I don't mind it for a change and DH has never complained as it is meat (chicken) with 3 or more vegies and he likes that.

I'd love to know which is the tastiest version of this recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2012, 02:58:07 am »
I think I might make my own variation. I like doing that ;D

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2012, 10:58:48 am »
I was initially thinking of making the version with honey mustard etc, but I think I'm now leaning towards the one where you saute a diced leek in butter first; add white wine/stock and mustard. Cook 200g macaroni for approx 20 minutes.

I'd like to try a few variations!

Wonder, you could always make it with pasta instead of potatoes? (I agree, boiled potatoes can be a bit boring...I still like them, but they're no where near as tasty as ones that are golden brown and crispy! :)

Let us know what variation you come up with Amy!

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2012, 11:02:08 am »
There is actually a lot of potential in this dish ;D

The pressure is on! :o :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »
Hope you rise to the challenge of doing a "best of bafs chicken ..." (of course if you think your recipe is any better than anyone else's there may need to be a poll ...
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2012, 10:40:48 am »
I did my variation tonight! Your turn tomorrow night blackwood ;D

What I did:

Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Prepare varoma - broccoli and cauliflower in dish, fill tray with sliced mushrooms.
500g stock in bowl, 500g mixed potato and sweet potato in steamer basket - 10 mins/varoma/speed 4.
Varoma in position - 20 minutes/varoma/speed 4.
Prepare chicken - cut into strips, coat in egg and chunky breadcrumbs, sprinkle with Morrocan seasoning.
Place in oven, use gut feeling - cooking time will depend on thickness of strips. Mine took about 20 minutes.
Remove steamer basket and varoma from TMX, keep vegetables warm. Tip mushrooms into bowl along with cream cheese and 30g flour. Cook for 8-10 minutes/90 degrees/reverse + speed 3.
Check chicken. If ready, slice into chunks to serve. Arrange on plates with vegetables and drizzle with sauce.
YUMMMMY ;D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2012, 10:54:51 am »
Well done Amy it looks yummy. Glad you finally tried it.

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2012, 12:36:06 pm »
Oh my goodness! Amy, that looks unbelievably good! I have the chicken defrosting in the fridge as we speak...all ready for Baf's chicken tomorrow night! I am so under pressure now...I was planning on doing it pretty much as written and doing "variation h"! - I still feel too new at this to be creative enough to make up my own recipe!!!

I do like your idea if adding the moroccan seasoning to the chicken (I don't have any herbamore  - I'll have to looks for that at the shops!) Amy, may I copy your idea of using moroccan seasoning?

OK, I'll try to remember to take a photo of it before we gobble it down, but it might take me a little while to learn how to upload photos onto the forum.

I'll let you know how i'm going tomorrow...I feel lucky to know that if I get into trouble making a new recipe that there'll always be someone on the forum ready to help!!!  ;)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2012, 12:50:17 pm »
Here is a recipe for a Moroccan Spice called Ras El Hanout blackwood. Amy's might be different ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2012, 01:01:33 pm »
That's the one I use CC and we love it. I use it on fish, chicken and lamb in various dishes. I have made some for each of my kids as they really like te flavours too. Much nicer than the pre-packaged ones.  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2012, 02:15:58 pm »
Oh my goodness! Amy, that looks unbelievably good! I have the chicken defrosting in the fridge as we speak...all ready for Baf's chicken tomorrow night! I am so under pressure now...I was planning on doing it pretty much as written and doing "variation h"! - I still feel too new at this to be creative enough to make up my own recipe!!!

I do like your idea if adding the moroccan seasoning to the chicken (I don't have any herbamore  - I'll have to looks for that at the shops!) Amy, may I copy your idea of using moroccan seasoning?

OK, I'll try to remember to take a photo of it before we gobble it down, but it might take me a little while to learn how to upload photos onto the forum.

I'll let you know how i'm going tomorrow...I feel lucky to know that if I get into trouble making a new recipe that there'll always be someone on the forum ready to help!!!  ;)

Thanks blackwood!! I'm sure you could come up with your own variation if you wanted to, its just matching flavours and tweaking cooking techniques ;)
Of course you can use moroccan seasoning! In fact, I highly recommend you try it because it is so yummy :D :D
Good luck tomorrow, we'll be here if you need us! ;D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2012, 09:41:40 pm »
Amy, t looks fantastic.

I am only doing a basic one, still cant do too much atm with my trapped nerve >:( still seeing physio every other day. Will be using mushrooms & asparagus as I have them in my fridge.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......