Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6125940 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17985 on: June 19, 2015, 07:16:46 am »
Wow CC, what a beautiful chair, you are so very talented.  :)

Hope everyone having tests done has good results. 

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17986 on: June 19, 2015, 07:41:01 pm »
Wow CC, what a beautiful chair, you are so very talented.  :)
Thanks Marie. :)

Bad luck Margaret getting the newbie Nurse.So pleased a senior nurse took over. :-*

It sounds as though you went to a wonderful talk Katj. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #17987 on: June 20, 2015, 07:37:45 am »
My very best friend came for lunch today and it was a good day.

Roast vegie soup with home made bread rolls then Chookies Apple Cake Tart with custard for dessert.

We spent the afternoon catching up on news and playing rummy cub.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17988 on: June 20, 2015, 09:00:44 am »
It sounds perfect Margaret.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #17989 on: June 20, 2015, 12:46:15 pm »
What an incredible chair CC; you are so clever.
I hope all the tests went well for those having them and your back and hip ease up Cookie.
I haven't done much today only made bread and strawberry jam. Getting over two days of sewing; patchwork on Thursday and overlocked around about 60 face cloths on Friday to go to the shoebox project.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17990 on: June 21, 2015, 01:41:19 am »
We're off on a car run up to Toodyay in a few minutes. We have decided not to take the old car as it is pouring and lots more rain forecast. We have decided we need the good brakes, windscreen wipers and enclosed sides of a modern car.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17991 on: June 21, 2015, 02:32:33 am »
A wise decision cookie, have a great day in spite of the rain.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #17992 on: June 21, 2015, 03:50:15 am »
love the chair... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #17993 on: June 21, 2015, 04:19:49 am »
Wise move on the choice of car Cookie. Toodyay is fun to poke around in, especially The Emporium, although I haven't been there in a while.
It sure is wet today , DH & I started to head towards the river (our fave walking place) we soon realised even with jackets and umbrellas we were going together wet, just as well there are lots of round-a-bouts on the way, Easy to turn around and head back home. I'm not usually so precious when it comes to walking in rain, however having just got over a cold and sinus, felt a bit wimpy I suppose. I think DH was quietly pleased to get back home and have a nice coffee.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #17994 on: June 21, 2015, 05:54:14 am »
Bewdiful chair CC 8) 8) 8)

Hope all those ailments disappear girls, and fingers crossed for good test results.

I had to look up Toodyay Cookie. Not hear of it before. Looks like fun. Pictures to come? :)

Today I have been trying to catch up on housework, and playing round with the DreamPot. I'm trying to cook two things at once. See how it goes :P
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17995 on: June 21, 2015, 09:00:24 am »
We didn't actually drive to Toodyay today, but funnily enough our next rally is to the town of Toodyay. We went to within about 30 km of it today, to a Ford museum. I did take quite a few photos but of course they are all cars. I'll post some of them later.
It was a very wet drive so I'm glad we decided to take my car and not the old one. We would have been saturated.  About 10 old cars turned up. They were ones that are all closed in.
Most,of the cars in the museum are newer.

Sorry the photos have come out upside down again. If you tap on them they will come out the right way.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:04:34 pm by cookie1 »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #17996 on: June 21, 2015, 11:55:08 am »
Just catching up.  So much going on. ,!
Hope all is well with those who have had tests and check ups are o.k.
CC, I just don't know what to say about that beautiful chair.  I thought your upholstery class was talking and eating and a little work on the side.  Silly me. That is really a mammoth effort and requires a lot of skill and patients. I hope you will show us your next effort.
Today I went to a Thermomix demo. Some thing for everyone. There were 3 consultants going flat out.  They removed several of the machines to the kitchen because of the noise. The wholemeal scones with blueberries were awful but the roasted nut butter was lovely. We were told that the recipes from the book were deliberately bland and the cook was expected to add flavourings. One of the recipes didn't work.  This was one with rice in the basket, veggies in the Varoma tray with eggs buried in the veggies.
The eggs didn't cook.   The problem was that they used cold water.
Anita is a very good presenter but I felt that the restrictions, very prescribed, limit what can be demonstrated. HO underestimates the ability and needs of owners.
I was asked to give some tips. I spoke about using the Varoma and listening to the machine. Users need more frank information. Most also want hands on lessons not just demos.  Most of the people at the demo use the Forum but are not members.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17997 on: June 21, 2015, 11:59:14 am »
Good on you Chookie, with your experience and knowledge I bet they were all ears when you spoke.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17998 on: June 21, 2015, 07:28:45 pm »
Thanks girls for the compliment about my chair.I do love Chair Canning.And I will show you my next project when it's finished Chookie ;)

We have had GS to stay for four days/ three nights.We took him back home this afternoon.DH and I will sleep well tonight ;D ;D

Very good of you to give tips about the TM at the demo Chookie.Hopefully the people who use the Forum will join.

Thanks for the great photos Cookie.It always lovely to see what you have been doing.

Such a shame you didn't feel like your walk Katj.It not nice to trudge through the rain when you aren't feeling 100%
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #17999 on: June 21, 2015, 11:35:25 pm »

Today I went to a Thermomix demo. Some thing for everyone. There were 3 consultants going flat out.  They removed several of the machines to the kitchen because of the noise. The wholemeal scones with blueberries were awful but the roasted nut butter was lovely. We were told that the recipes from the book were deliberately bland and the cook was expected to add flavourings. One of the recipes didn't work.  This was one with rice in the basket, veggies in the Varoma tray with eggs buried in the veggies.
The eggs didn't cook.   The problem was that they used cold water.
Anita is a very good presenter but I felt that the restrictions, very prescribed, limit what can be demonstrated. HO underestimates the ability and needs of owners.
I was asked to give some tips. I spoke about using the Varoma and listening to the machine. Users need more frank information. Most also want hands on lessons not just demos.  Most of the people at the demo use the Forum but are not members.

Thanks for your comments on the TM5 demo chookie.  There is a demo being held here early next month (with a new consultant as my lovely consultant has been given another area to cover) and I am in two minds whether to go or not.  I would like to see one in action although I have no intention of buying one.  I love my TM31 far too much to get rid of it. 

The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.