Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6125689 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4770 on: November 25, 2012, 06:13:18 am »
Woke up today a bit stiff & sore from all the bending over during yesterday's bar shift, plus a teensy bit hungover from the several large gin & tonics my friend & I drank last night while she was thrashing me at cards! Did some washing & made dips to take to another friend's place for a 'thanksgiving' lunch. She cooked a huge turkey, yum! All the kids ended up next door at her neighbor's house playing with their kids, so adults had a lovely time catching up with no interruptions!
Home now, bit of a rest before I start thinking about dinner etc.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: November 25, 2012, 07:37:48 am »
Raced in the local Triathlon this morning. Won my division so  I had to hang around for the presentations. They took a long time becuase all of the timing was manual. 

Had some lunch and relaxed for a bit then made some bread and noy]w I am out to do a bit of gardening.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: November 25, 2012, 08:41:34 am »
Congratulations Den :)

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #4773 on: November 25, 2012, 10:45:01 am »
Congratulations Den! That is just awesome! Have a good time resting and recovering. What is your next race?

I jjust finished reading Chrissie Wellington's bio and am now in awe of triathletes! I am a recreational runner training for her first full marathon (April 2013) and now I have added a sprint triathlon and spectating at Kona to my bucket list.

I have spent the day recovering from a weekend getaway with my Mums group (read: nursing a hangover and sore lega from dancing), minding my bubba while Pinterest-ing and checking this Forum for recipes :) I am making up my mind as to what I want to cook first when my Thermie arrives this week. Can't wait!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: November 25, 2012, 10:55:23 am »
Congrats DD on your win :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: November 25, 2012, 10:59:52 am »
Well done DD on your success in the race.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: November 25, 2012, 11:01:51 am »
All the best for April thermielove. Great to have goals. Only a few more sleeps until tmx arrives.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: November 25, 2012, 11:45:37 am »
I took Goliath for a spin and saw a huge boomer dead two streets down from us. Poor thing probably came down from one of the mountains to find water. It must have been hit by a pretty big car and was just left on the side of the road. You would think the person who hit it would call the ranger to come and move its body :( :(

Offline Moptop

• View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: November 25, 2012, 12:42:04 pm »
Congratulations Den, what a wonderful achievement.

How is the driving going Amy?  How many more hours to go before you can get your Ps?

Had a lovely afternoon at the party. Gran looked amazing and thoroughly enjoyed herself. She still works 4 days a week at a coffee shop and volunteers 1 day a week at the nursing museum - and she is 85!!!!

I am off to Singapore on Thursday for a week so lots to do this week before I go.  I want to know how to upload photos from my iPad so that I can share some of the sights and shopping with you.  I will have a read of the iPad tricks and tips thread and see if I can work it out.  Apparently the Christmas lights are amazing (that's why we re going at his time of the year) and I would love to be able to show everyone. Fingers crossed. I may be a bit quiet over the next few days!
You were born to stand out, don't waste your life trying to fit in.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: November 25, 2012, 12:56:24 pm »
Went to a school fair today that used Thermomix's to make lemon or strawberry slushies. Yummy and great for this weather!

Went to the pools for a swim and our little girl absolutely loved it...like usual. Thinking we should enrol her in swimming lessons but might be a bit late before next one arrives!

Congratulations Den on your great achievement! And Moptop, hope you enjoy your holiday in Singapore!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: November 25, 2012, 12:59:39 pm »
Well done DD :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: November 25, 2012, 02:19:20 pm »
Congratulations Den! That is just awesome! Have a good time resting and recovering. What is your next race?

Thermielove my next race should be another sprint Tri in a few weeks followed by a half ironman in January. Chrissie Wellington is awesome. She always seems to be smiling no matte what stage of a race.

Good luck wit the marathon.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: November 25, 2012, 02:42:55 pm »
Mop top off memory look under iPad tips and tricks 2nd page. Next question...do you have an iPad or PC?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4783 on: November 25, 2012, 09:23:31 pm »
Great Moptop hope you can work out how to post your photos.
I use the Tapatalk app on my iPad.
Had no idea how to use it but learned from our friendly forum members.
Look forward to lots of Singapore photos  ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: November 25, 2012, 09:34:38 pm »
Went to a school fair today that used Thermomix's to make lemon or strawberry slushies. Yummy and great for this weather!

Went to the pools for a swim and our little girl absolutely loved it...like usual. Thinking we should enrol her in swimming lessons but might be a bit late before next one arrives!

Congratulations Den on your great achievement! And Moptop, hope you enjoy your holiday in Singapore!

How much longer til you are due Tasty? Exciting!  :D
:D