Author Topic: Hellloooooooo from the UK **waves at everyone**  (Read 12323 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Hellloooooooo from the UK **waves at everyone**
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 01:08:08 pm »
Wrlcome to both Mali and Sam!

Yes, my Herman the German is safe and sound here in the Great Southern of WA!

You know, I've made Mushroom Risotto  quite a lot because I love it, but last time I made it, the flavour just wasn't there and it was a dull grey colour. Not sure what went wrong, because it's usually delish! Don't give up on it just yet, Mali. Oh, and fresh parsley really lifts it colour and flavour wise.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 01:16:03 pm »
Welcome Mali and Herman,  you look like you are off to a flying start.   Plenty more recipes on this Forum to keep you cooking.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 11:40:45 pm »
Hi Mali, try grinding some porcini mushrooms to powder and add that to your risotts for a really intense flavour.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 11:07:44 pm »
Hi Mali - and welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying Herman.  Aren't he and the Remoska a match made in heaven?  ;D  I often combine the 2.

Are you a Lakeland addict too, or did you just go for the Remoska?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Mali

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 03:05:16 am »
Hi Mali - and welcome! Glad to hear you're enjoying Herman.  Aren't he and the Remoska a match made in heaven?  ;D  I often combine the 2.

Are you a Lakeland addict too, or did you just go for the Remoska?

My name is Mali and I'm a recovering Lakeland addict ;).

Actually bizarrely enough the new catalogue came today and I resisted buying anything, although there are a few things I may look at more closely. :D

But no, my appliance cravings are well and truly satisfied at the mo with Herm **sighs** I'm in love...lol.

Poor old remoska hasn't seen much action since we got the cooker, ah well, I may take the remoska away with me this weekend. They are good though. :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 03:12:40 pm »
I'm a Lakeland junkie as well.I've been eyeing up the yogurt maker,JulieO has had good results with a similar model she bought in Oz.I love their kitchen foil.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 10:28:24 pm »
My addiction has been reduced since thermie arrived on the scene.  Now I mainly use them for jam jars, cordial bottles, etc.  Like DH says, things to put TMX stuff in.  Although I still use them for cleaning stuff too.  Nothing beats their carpet stain remover (something we need a lot) for example.  Plus I get their lemon oil and almond essence ... OK, yeah, I'm still pretty addicted.  But honestly, truly, not as much as I was before ....
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 06:00:50 pm »
Thanks for the tip about the carpet stain remover, DH sometimes brings the garden in with him. I have good results with the ecozone stain remover for my laundry.I love all recommendations by anyone.Have you tried the silicone pods to poach eggs in the steamer basket in the TM?They work well but you have to make sure they are well greased.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Mali

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 01:44:45 am »
Thanks for the tip about the carpet stain remover, DH sometimes brings the garden in with him. I have good results with the ecozone stain remover for my laundry.I love all recommendations by anyone.Have you tried the silicone pods to poach eggs in the steamer basket in the TM?They work well but you have to make sure they are well greased.

I got better results by doing eggs en cocotte in the varoma in little ramekins. Again something else I need to say goodbye to, my egg pods. :-\ :)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 10:44:21 am »
I'm a bit of a Lakeland addict myself (and I get an unnecessary buzz from stationery as well, sad aren't I?  ;) ).   I was very excited when I was working in the area and visited their shop a while back.  Picked up all sorts of little gizmos (some of which were actually quite useful ).

We went there when on holiday in the Lake District a few years ago and the shop has changed - everything is pre-packaged and just not so interesting.   I was quite disappointed but my bank balance wasn't  ;D ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 04:05:31 pm »
don't know what you are talking about and are obviously missing out on something really good  :'( when i was a kid you were really lucky if you had Lakeland colouring pencils  ??? (underprivileged child)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 04:19:31 pm »
CreamPuff Lakeland is a wonderful kitchen store( although they sell other things as well) here in the U.K.They have shops scattered all over the U.K. but you can buy on line (like I usually do)There customer service is excellent and I believe it still is a family business.Have a look
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/

Offline vintagepaint

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 08:14:52 pm »
I'm another Lakeland addict in the UK - customer service second to none - recently ordered goods and they didn't arrive so they despatched second order and told me to keep first - if you ring up you speak to a human being and not some dreadful call centre. I recently bought a Remoska too and all the staff in the shop told me how they used it

Just got to take the plunge with the Thermomix now.............

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 08:43:12 pm »
He He, we're sad together then Katya!  I love stationery too  :D

I haven't done poached eggs in the varoma as yet - I'll need to give it a go.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 05:19:38 am »
CP 63 I used to see some lucky children with Lakeland pencils and would have died for some. I begged and begged but it didn't happen. From memory they were 9/6. I was eventually given 10/- for my birthday a couple of years later and was able to buy them. I thought I was one wonderful girl. I used to go into the local newsagent in a small country town and gaze at them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/