Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9039776 times)

Offline em

• Me and my little spiderman!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3450 on: July 04, 2010, 12:34:57 pm »
i made chicken kievs from the forum tonight, they were delicious, my dh loved it and they were eaten up fully by my 3 yr old (rarity for him). i also made custard for desert, i havent been cooking an awful lot either judy, but am getting back into it tomorrow!
Emma from Victoria

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: July 04, 2010, 01:48:23 pm »
No time for photo of dessert ILB, one with little girls eyeing off dessert whilst they were eating the main  :D :D

Glad to see others having a break too em, I do feel a bit guilty when I don't cook every day but other things were taking precedence this past week.

Chookie I don't know where you get your stamina from - you just keep on a-cooking  :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: July 04, 2010, 02:37:38 pm »
Buttermilk syrup and Apple and Buttermilk pikelets this morning, then made some lemon cordial, fluffed around all day after everyone else and made Pulse and Pumpkin Curry (could the the other way around lol) and served it with steamed rice and chicken for dinner  ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3453 on: July 04, 2010, 02:40:02 pm »
I should of but didn't think about a photo till the visitors had gone with the left overs for tomorrow night   :-)) Good excuse to make them again next time we have someone over for dinner.

For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: July 05, 2010, 03:38:06 am »
We had Chookie's caramel apple dessert. It was lovely. :-*
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3455 on: July 05, 2010, 06:41:28 am »
ILB,  the TMX , small promotion thing, was in vol. 3.  page 114.  Although small, the words sum up the TMX pretty well.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #3456 on: July 05, 2010, 11:14:48 am »
Thanks Chookie. I actually purchased it today and when I finally found it I was a bit disappointed. Was hoping it would be something to show off and that consultants could really use it at demos. Oh well....
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #3457 on: July 05, 2010, 02:07:59 pm »
Made chocolate steamed puddings today (in silicon cupcake cups) using Cyndi O's choc cake recipe - worked BEAUTIFULLY, rising really high!!  Then grated and melted dark chocolate with some coconut cream and drizzled over, topped with strawberries - yum!  (That was instead of a birthday cake for my son's b'day today - I was in a big hurry as I had a Varoma demo today, and got home just before afternoon tea which is when I'd promised to have a cake ready - aaargh!  So it was all a bit 'slap dash', but it worked out well.  Phew.)   ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: July 07, 2010, 01:12:39 pm »
Well DH has been doing a bit with Thelma (tmx)  He made lemon butter,doubled the recipe, mashed potato to go with schnitzel  and tonight garlic oil and hot Chilli from vegetarian cook book.  I have been busy at work and he has been home, hence the change.  I am off for the next couple of days and I am planning on the chicken Kiev and a chickpea curry from the Indian cook book.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: July 07, 2010, 08:54:55 pm »
I made quirkycooking's fried rice, as I had various vegetables to use up and a friend had given me some of her lovely hens eggs.I halved Jo's recipe for the two of us and I have some tasty leftovers for tomorrow.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: July 08, 2010, 06:58:44 am »
I've been neglecting Termite and eating out of the freezer for the last couple of days.  Have been getting the car clubs books ready for the auditor. Tonight I plan to make Judy's chicken soup but use osso bucco and cook it for longer. Just what we need for the rainy day today, at least it's not freezing cold.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3461 on: July 08, 2010, 07:20:53 am »
Yesterday made pumpkin soup,  today LSA,  and a loaf of bread with leftover roast potatoes,  wholemeal flour and Malt. Tonight , steamed fish with Asian vegies.  Probably some lemon butter tonight after the "Tour'  bike race.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: July 08, 2010, 12:39:30 pm »
Made a pasta bake which included cheese sauce and pasta which were made in TMX.  I also made Amanda's brownie traybake (thanks for the recommendation Judydawn  :-* ) ready DD1's class for the last day of term tomorrow.  Yesterday I did a chicken stir fry in a very easy lemon sauce.  Do we already have a lemon sauce posted on the forum, or would anyone like me to post it?

Currently trying to persuade myself to make some bread - I really don't have the enthusiasm for cooking that I used to have at the moment.  Keep hoping it will come back - but not as much as DH is  ;)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: July 08, 2010, 12:57:27 pm »
We have this one Caroline,   http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3808.0.

Glad you liked Amanda's brownies.  They are a great standby in the freezer for unexpected visitors as a dessert.  I usually have some frozen coulis which I thaw to serve with them along with some whipped cream. Just sprinkle the top with icing sugar.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:59:40 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #3464 on: July 08, 2010, 11:53:46 pm »
I made Tenina's Persian Power Bars last night - yummy!  I'm going to enter them in our local show today in the 'Healthy Lunchbox Slice' section and see how it goes.   :D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.