Author Topic: Bimby Chocolate Cake  (Read 347879 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Bimby Chocolate Cake
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2011, 01:29:57 pm »
thanks for the tip chookie..will have to try that but for the moment i just cut the cake top off if it rises even slightly then ice it :)

maddy that book is gorgeous and love the fact that they give their different base recipes etc especially that buttercream sounds interesting ...kids back to school tomorrow so will have so much more time to cook and play!  I also got another one called 100 different decorating ideas or something like that..will have to post photos...but that miette book even the edging on the paper...so adorable  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 04, 2011, 01:53:01 pm »
but that miette book even the edging on the paper...so adorable  :)

I know.....I declare that every cook book should have scalloped edges!  8)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #302 on: September 04, 2011, 07:15:04 pm »
Frozzie great cake and cupcakes and as I went back onto this thread it was so lovely to see so many talented people. Gorgeous cakes everyone xx
Visit my papercrafting blog
http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 04, 2011, 11:07:39 pm »
Kim,looks amazing,I too feel your pain, have been there.  Kids always happy but my expectation too high. Good luck with the next party,so close,no time for recovery. Glad to hear kids back to school, we are heading that way on Sunday. Car show in Goodwood first week then last week in Paris and a cooking class and market tour...know what I am looking forward to most!  Well done to you,love making birthdays special.
Denise

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2011, 09:26:38 am »
Thanks  :)  Well both kids off to school this morning...strange silence in the house....bliss at least until lunch time when I go and pick them up to eat at home then back off to school again  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 05, 2011, 09:31:37 am »
going to make this for the 3 little piggy after dinner  for lunch snack for school ......will give you mine (their verdict) tomorrow. going to pour them into patty papers =)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:37:22 am by phatassphairy »
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 05, 2011, 12:17:35 pm »
I made this cake again this afternoon for my DH's birthday. He had to share it with all the Cubs and their dads in my Cub Pack but everyone enjoyed it.

One of my Cubs is allergic to dairy so I made it dairy free using home made rice milk (just rice and water) and nuttelex. I frosted it with the icing at http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=5997.0 using nuttelex again. I made one and a half times the amount and mixed it for 2 minutes instead of 1 (not sure if this was a great idea though as the cake rose a lot more in the middle and split). It took about 1 hour 20 to bake.
Kerryn

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2011, 01:17:48 pm »
EPIC FAIL ;D ;D ;D

not the recipe ....omg it is such a yummy recipe ..... DEFIANTELY NOT FOR PATTY TINS !!! ... it rose too high and in turn spilled ...giggles i have a muffin pan covered in cake and nearly nothing in the patty papers
 going to wrap it up and feed to the neighbour hood ratty rats that hang out with my 3 little pigs ...... i am sure hungry teenage boys will help get the cake off the tins =)P

so i think i will try again later in a slab tin .......

do you wanna see a pic ???
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2011, 03:33:50 pm »
EPIC FAIL ;D ;D ;D

not the recipe ....omg it is such a yummy recipe ..... DEFIANTELY NOT FOR PATTY TINS !!! ... it rose too high and in turn spilled ...giggles i have a muffin pan covered in cake and nearly nothing in the patty papers
 going to wrap it up and feed to the neighbour hood ratty rats that hang out with my 3 little pigs ...... i am sure hungry teenage boys will help get the cake off the tins =)P

so i think i will try again later in a slab tin .......

do you wanna see a pic ???
yes please pictures!! i am smiling here as I can just picture it
Visit my papercrafting blog
http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 05, 2011, 07:42:48 pm »
LOL - now that you know phattassphairy your next batch of cupcakes will be to die for - jus t watch the amount of mixture (carefully)  :D  :D  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2011, 10:47:48 am »
lol, I have done the same with this recipe with the cupcakes and the cake tin. I usually use the one batch to make a 20cm round cake tin cake and use the rest as muffins but only 1/2 to 3/4 fill the cupcake papers.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:17 am »
Hi,  I made this chocolate cake tonight, it was so good, thank you for your recipe.  I will be doing this again.  My kids loved it.  I even made it with the chocolate sauce from the EDC and served it with icecream.  Yummy.

Jo
Joanne -  NSW   :) :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2011, 06:59:32 pm »
The cake mixture fitted beautifully in my new Bundt Cake Tin.It took 50 minutes to cook. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2011, 11:22:19 pm »
Cc fantastic looking cake. Love it.

The cup cakes i made which i decorated, they were made from this recioe. I dont make any other kind of chocolate now. For cup cakes i fill to abou 2/3 up, they cover the tray with foil and bake them like that
Hally :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2011, 12:14:46 am »
Do you mean cover the tray or cover the cupcakes with foil Hally? Why do you do that?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.