Author Topic: Bimby Chocolate Cake  (Read 347879 times)

Offline snappy

• View Profile
Re: Bimby Chocolate Cake
« Reply #345 on: January 02, 2012, 11:19:00 am »
I baked this as cupcakes for Mr 5's birthday party. 

I'm pretty particular about my cupcakes and probably would have reverted to my tried and tested recipe using - look away now - beaters - :-[

But things were pretty hectic so I thought I would give this recipe a whirl and I've got to say it was delicious!  So nice and crumbly.  I baked some using the fan force oven and they craked on the top (still tasted great though).  I took Maddy's advice and turned the fan off and those cupcakes turned out perfectly smooth.

So now I've got a new chocolate cake recipe and I've learnt no fan force when cooking cakes!

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2012, 07:32:03 am »
Yum
Thanks for a delicious tasting cake
Rara x

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 19, 2012, 04:00:58 am »
I have 3 sugar-infused daughters...............!!!!!!!!! :-))! I made a batch of this (using Nuttellex and soy milk because of DD2's intolerances) and made 30 muffins - which have nearly all been demolished! No icing or anything - just choc muffins. I really really thank you for such a quick easy adaptable recipe! And DD3 (just had her first birthday last week) said "cake" for the first time  ;D[while banging on her highchair tray in impatience after finishing one whole muffin!!??] once again a massive thanx!  :D
:D

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 04, 2012, 04:47:11 am »
Made this as mini cupcakes for kids club, one of the girl turning one.  They love it.  So quick, easy and yummy - would be a regular.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:36:12 am by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 19, 2012, 11:10:25 pm »
My girlfriend made the two round bimby cakes and i cut it and decorated it for her however was very rushed as she was supposed to come over in the morning but ended up arriving 2 hours before the party with warm cakes...arghhh

Also ordered pastes to get the right colours but they didnt arrive so made do with what i had..her son was happy so thats all that matters (i guess)

Here is a photo

Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 19, 2012, 11:16:18 pm »
Oh and discovere a new buttercream recipe which had a lovely consistency which was equal parts butter to veg shortening like copha to double of icing sugar

A d for the mouth and eyes used marshmallow fondant with teninas re ipe as a base but different quantities from a cake lady blog...and picked up a tip for black icing or fondant without that horrible bitter taste and that is mix in alot of cacao first then add a bit of black and voila nice tasting very black icing or fondant..

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 19, 2012, 11:18:28 pm »
that looks so good kim
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 19, 2012, 11:20:17 pm »
Thx uni 😃

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 19, 2012, 11:30:17 pm »
i could not do any thing like that kim. just the other day my DD (30) asked me why i never made her one of the cakes from the women's weekly kids birthday cakes books
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:26:32 am by fundj&e »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2012, 06:43:24 am »
Lovely work Kim.

Uni, don't feel guilty - I only ever made my youngest DD the farmyard cake from the WW cookbook.  Don't know why, probably because I was never big on giving them parties.  I would probably be a better Mum now than I was way back then  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2012, 08:15:21 am »
Uni def wouldnt feel guilty...i only do it because my mum did it .. Our little tradition... And im sure you made so much other homemade stuff anyway...

And never say never..so its too late for dd but you havd gc on the way sooooooo

Thx jd xx

Oh and paste colours jst arrived (to days too late ... Oh well)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2012, 08:17:14 am »
Oh and uni you could easily do that cake or any other.. Its just the bimby cake cut to a pattern then iced..and very homemade like lol

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2012, 08:41:36 am »
Uni def wouldnt feel guilty...i only do it because my mum did it .. Our little tradition... And im sure you made so much other homemade stuff anyway...

And never say never..so its too late for dd but you havd gc on the way sooooooo

Thx jd xx

Oh and paste colours jst arrived (to days too late ... Oh well)

Who says its too late? 😃 I'd happily accept one from my mum now (my story is that I'm 21 and I'm sticking to it - but DD1 would happily tell you it's more than double that 😉)

Why not make one for her and get some practise in ready for gc?
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2012, 09:03:47 am »
Yeah go for it uni...she would be so surprised.. I see all te time people doing theme cakes for adults not just kids... Just need a picture to inspire you.. Draw the pattern on greeseproof or cooking paper, cook a basic cake.. Bimby or golden syrup etc etc.. Cook and let cool totally rhen cut and ice.. The hardest part is getti g the colours you want but ive just bought the wilton colour pastes.. If you want to see how anything is don evening colouri g icing there are heaps of videos on you tube... And before icing it that it is sitting on the serving board or plate ready to be iced then voila!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2012, 10:38:30 am »
Uni, check out these cakes - love the pregnant belly cake and the pram (you wouldn't need to make it so fancy) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.