Author Topic: Quick Beanie mix ( Jude Blereau)  (Read 4874 times)

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
Quick Beanie mix ( Jude Blereau)
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:48:05 am »
Quick Beanie Mix

2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 onion
2 carrots cut into chunks
1 stick of celery cut into chunks
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2  orange sweet potato, cut into 1-2cm dice
1x400g can of beans (borlotti or kidney beans) drained and rinsed
1x400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 zucchini cut into 1cm dice

Put onion, carrots, celery and garlic in  *: and chop for a few seconds, add oil and cook 100, speed 1 for 2 -3 mins
add cumin and chilli powder and cook another 2 mins 100 speed 1.
Stir in beans, tin tomatoes and sweet potato, cook 100, speed 1  :-: for 20 mins.  Check sweet potato is cooked  Add zucchini and cook a further few mins

I converted this recipe from Jude Blereau's book Whole food for the Family.  I didn't have zucchini so not sure how long you would cook that and I also left the MC at angle for a while to help it reduce.  In Jude's book she suggest using it for beans on toast or as a nacho dish with avocado and sour cream

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Quick Beanie mix ( Jude Blereau)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:53:52 am »
Good work rainbow - that is one ofr MrsT - she just loves beans.  Always putting a can into our mixed vegie dishes.

Good conversion.

Like the idea of having it with avocado & sour cream
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 01:34:12 pm »
I made this yesterday and we had it tonight for tea on toast with poached eggs.  Didn't think DH would like it as he is not fond of baked beans but surprise, surprise - he did.  He did comment on the spiciness of it even though there is very little cumin and I used a small portion of a home grown red chilli instead of the powder. My beans ended up a bit mushy so in future I will add the zucchini at the same time as the sweet potato and then add the can of beans at the end to just heat through.  Thanks for your conversion of this recipe rainbow.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 07:33:32 am »
Glad you enjoyed it judydawn, I like the idea of serving it with a poached egg on top.  I have always loved baked beans and poached egg  :)