Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6133510 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10065 on: July 25, 2013, 10:54:13 am »
Fingers crossed for you Katie, a good night's sleep is very desirable and you won't know yourself if the operation is a success.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: July 25, 2013, 11:04:20 am »
Hopefully only polyps and they "be gone" !

The op is a good one and it works.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: July 25, 2013, 12:19:54 pm »
I hope it goes well for you Katie.

Marie what sort of freezer was it that went to heaven?

I have had a very busy day. I sat down with all MIL papers and did the report of every cent in and out for the State Tribunal. It is a real hassle as every cent has to be accounted for. About 5.30 pm I put income and outgoing together with some other figures they need and WHOOPPEE, they balanced perfectly. The first year I was $10,000 Out at first, then last year (3 rd year) I was only a few dollars. 
Now I keep thinking I must have done something wrong for it to be correct first time. I hate having to go back and check pages and pages of figures.

DD I feel for you. We have a friend who imports Vintage cars. Often the have fantastic number plates on them. When they are released to him at least one is missing, if not two. Bonnet emblems go and all sorts of stuff.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: July 25, 2013, 12:49:36 pm »
Hope it goes smoothly Katie.

Cookie, that's not a fun way to spend your day. But it has to be done.

CP, hope u've gotten your Internet link back.

DD, your problem sounds complex. Good luck.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: July 25, 2013, 01:01:17 pm »
Yes all back - changed service providers but weren't told the day that it was going to be changed over so we had no idea why the internet wasn't working. Then had to configure the modem, and now all is honky dory. So glad to be back in cyber space  8)

I just can't believe that people would nick stuff like that cookie, what a cheek  >:( hope its all resolved in a friendly fashion DD and you are not out of pocket
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: July 26, 2013, 12:19:31 am »
fighting with bigpond
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10071 on: July 26, 2013, 12:36:21 am »
We've been fighting with bigpond/telstra too :-[ so frustrating!
We have no ADSL till 8/8/13, that's 5 weeks since moving into our new home, and working from home makes it kind of stressful! We are relying on our mobiles! It doesn't help that you have to be in the phone for 50 minutes each time and every person you speak to tells me a different thing! Grrrrr!
End of rant.
Good luck Robyn :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: July 26, 2013, 01:45:12 am »
OMG  :-)) in this day and age where we rely so heavily on our computers I feel your frustration.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: July 26, 2013, 02:52:01 am »
I have to get a new 4G modem, I reported faults 2 weeks ago, and nothing came.
so 10 minutes chatting on live chat, 2 phone calls and 45 minutes later, a new plan, and modem will be here next week.

So i will be quiet on the weekend, and cook more. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: July 26, 2013, 05:07:13 am »
I detest talking to Virgin, Foxtel and the likes. They make you jump through hoops to reach a human being, and then takes a while to resolve issues. God forbid the call gets disconnected halfway. Hoops and explanations all over again!

Had a pleasant start to the day, despite the wet and gloomy weather. Got the first taste of Pilates this morning - a reformer class. Hoping to strengthen my core muscles to achieve a pain-free back. Or at least less-pain :)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10075 on: July 26, 2013, 05:20:22 am »
OMG  :-)) in this day and age where we rely so heavily on our computers I feel your frustration.
Luckily I use the forum on my phone and can't be bothered saying more! If I had a keyboard, you would be able to stop me!

I did use the Telstra 24/7 App to "chat" online with a service rep (to buy more data for my phone) , it was a much nicer experience &  will use the service again for sure.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: July 26, 2013, 05:26:36 am »
Having a relaxing afternoon after running errands this morning. Pastry resting in the fridge to make a quiche so I'm playing on my iPad :). Thinking we might take a short holiday while I've got this time off, somewhere warm! Any suggestions? Leaning towards Palm Cove or Port Douglas, don't know anything about QLD so advice welcome!
Yesterday had lunch with my (now former) team mates, they gave me a card which they'd got the whole account to sign which was lovely, and they paid for my lunch! Got a couple more lunches scheduled over the next week or so, this is the life!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: July 26, 2013, 07:10:46 am »
DeeDub come visit Gert and Me....

I LOVE palm cove, we have about 9-10 days every year. Port Douglas is good too, we were up there 2 weeks ago.

[/url

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: July 26, 2013, 07:59:13 am »
I would highly recommend Port Douglas deedub.
We spent 8 days there recently and just loved it. So much to see and do in the area plus a wonderful array of quality restaurants.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: July 26, 2013, 08:17:00 am »
How about a short cruise?
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous