Author Topic: What improvements would you like to see in the next model?  (Read 73932 times)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
What improvements would you like to see in the next model?
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:11:33 am »
This morning I was comparing how little input the TMX requires as compared to OH's (other half's) all singing, all dancing coffee machine which is forever telling us to fill water, fill beans, clean tray, clean machine....   I ended up mimicking the sound the TMX makes when it finishes doing something and OH said it would be good if we could download a tune to replace it, like one does for telephone ring tones.

So  I then wondered what else I would want to change in the TMX if ever a new model was developed and I thought of...

- improvement to lid so it doesn't drip over the machine when you open it

- something to stop finely ground stuff (eg icing sugar, spices) escaping  (I do know about the kitchen towel trick and it is brilliant)

- a message to tell you that you can't knead or turbo if the setting is not a lid closed

- a better spatula

Don't get me wrong, I think the machine is absolutely fantastic but there's always room for improvement. ;)

Has anyone got any other suggestions?

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the next model?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 11:37:41 am »
Ha Ha, I was actually talking with a customer yesterday during a delivery and they suggested that perhaps being able to download tunes for the TMX would be a good idea so we could personalise them ;D ;D I thought it would be handy when we have cooking classes and all consultants would be able to personalise their machines that way  :o :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:50:04 am »
I think a secod spatula made of silicon would be a huge improvement - the current one is good for sorbet but not so great for scraping - and we cannot use another one at demos.....
Shayla in Cape Town

Offline Sundari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:02:01 am »
The ability to have it beep and then turn the beeping off (or beep less frequently) when it is done so it doesn't go on and on until you can get to it.
Birth Worker
Mum to one DD 6yrs
Thermomix Consultant

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:13:38 am »
I definitely agree with the silicon spatula - just thinking of that today.
  • Maybe one end hard to push ice and coleslaw down on the blades and one end soft to scrape out.
  • The ability to weigh while it's on
  • and put the timer on with out it being on
  • and what about recipe cards that you can add to you existing book to update it when the revised book comes out.
[/color] :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:52:08 am »
Hopefully they will eventually get the recipe books right Nay-Nay and we won't need to update them >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  You never see Women's Weekly recipe books updated - they get it right the first time (after triple checking their recipes). 

Get down off your box JD, you know you use the forum recipes these days and they have been tried and tested (she says to herself)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 02:56:39 pm »
I was just thinking yesterday while driving to a demo and my mind drifted... that it would be great if HO could work with a Menu/Recipe Program upload all the recipes they have (by golly they should have oodles and oodles if you consider all the submissions for cook books and the monthly competition not to mention ones that consultants enter in as part of their training/Go-Getters program etc) - then sell it as a CD, but with free updates. So when recipes are tweaked, re-written or new ones collected you can update the recipes on line and down load all the new ones.

Then imagine that you could then do your menu planning, shopping list etc from that. That would really maximise the use of customers TMX's, so then they'd really rave about it to friends - increase awareness and sales PLUS the major one of supplying their customers with up-to-date recipes and constantly providing a cood customer support basis in this area. 8)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 03:03:04 pm »
omg ILB how fan-bloody-tastic would that be??!!!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 03:15:05 pm »
I was actually thinking the other day in the shower ( the only place I really get to have a few moments to myself!!) that it would be great to have the EDC as an electronic document so that consultants could send it to customers who have purchased a machine so they can read and prepare for TMX delivery and work out what they want to try first and buy ingredients for the recipes etc.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:51:26 am by Meagan »
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 03:16:16 pm »
Wouldn't it be!!!! I got a bit excited.... Am just hoping HO are as keen on the idea...

omg ILB how fan-bloody-tastic would that be??!!!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 03:31:09 pm »
OMG - I thought I saw a flock of pigs fly past my window in formtion  ;) ;)

Maybe at Bonnie Doon?   No, Tell her she's dremin'
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 02:54:18 am »
Thermomixer don't tell me "swine flu"   ............even at Bonnie Dune!
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 03:12:31 am »
I was just thinking yesterday while driving to a demo and my mind drifted... that it would be great if HO could work with a Menu/Recipe Program upload all the recipes they have (by golly they should have oodles and oodles if you consider all the submissions for cook books and the monthly competition not to mention ones that consultants enter in as part of their training/Go-Getters program etc) - then sell it as a CD, but with free updates. So when recipes are tweaked, re-written or new ones collected you can update the recipes on line and down load all the new ones.

Then imagine that you could then do your menu planning, shopping list etc from that. That would really maximise the use of customers TMX's, so then they'd really rave about it to friends - increase awareness and sales PLUS the major one of supplying their customers with up-to-date recipes and constantly providing a cood customer support basis in this area. 8)

Wouldn't this just be wonderful?!!
Decent recipes on tap, great customer service, wow.
Now, ... about world peace! :o
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline squirrel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 03:32:24 am »
I love my Thmx too... if there was one improvement I could mention - as it does practically everything... it would be that it could hang out the washing as well!!    :o ;D ;D ;D

Squirrel
Squirrel

There are no super foods .... only super lifestyles..... ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 04:10:48 am »
Better get back to being serious - sorry ILB - nice to be optimistic.  It is a good thing.

Wish that there was a better range of temperatures - so 82oC -for custards, 62oC for cooking eggs,

Wish the scales were a little more sensitive too - sure that technology is improving so both will be possible.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.