Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6128489 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11490 on: November 17, 2013, 10:07:18 pm »
Great Charity to support Lucyluu.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #11491 on: November 17, 2013, 10:22:56 pm »
Babies are so precious.  :)
So sad when they are lost.  :'( :'( :'(
A great fundraiser Lucyluu.  :-* Good on you.
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11492 on: November 18, 2013, 02:55:40 am »
at work
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #11493 on: November 18, 2013, 03:25:04 am »
Went to the plumbing supply store this morning to check out shower screens and fittings plus prices.  We are going to remove the bath and install a large shower.   It's no fun climbing over the bath when your knees don't want to work  ;)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11494 on: November 18, 2013, 03:30:55 am »
we took out the shower screen and put a small bath in when we had kids, now we are putting a  bigger spa bath in for us. :) hopefully will get done soon.. we have it all ready to go.

[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #11495 on: November 18, 2013, 03:40:49 am »
Went to the plumbing supply store this morning to check out shower screens and fittings plus prices.  We are going to remove the bath and install a large shower.   It's no fun climbing over the bath when your knees don't want to work  ;)

Maybe you need new knees Mab?  ;)
:D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11496 on: November 18, 2013, 04:33:43 am »
food shopping and now my car is getting detailed and I've cleaned out my pantry, fridge and the cupboard under the sink,  stopped for lunch then it's bath time for the dog and time to tackle my linen cupboards and organise my Christmas lights 17 more sleeps until we put them up :D:D

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #11497 on: November 18, 2013, 04:44:16 am »
Oh Astarra, new knees would be lovely, along with a new back. :)

Obbie, we put a spa in our previous house and it hardly got used.  The grand kids loved it when they were small but other than that it just sat there. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11498 on: November 18, 2013, 05:10:44 am »
Have had to take a few hours off work to take DS to basketball training as his standard lift couldn't did today, fortunately my working times are flexible. Just sitting out in the beautiful Melbourne sunshine while he's at practice.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #11499 on: November 18, 2013, 05:42:22 am »
Just had a quiet meltdown on the way home after finding out a school mate of Miss 17 wrote off his car last week. He is fine, not a mark on him, but his car totalled. That is 2 for the week up here.  :o

I think it has finally hit me that she has her licence and now that she has a car I am scared senseless.

And I thought I was so calm and in control about the whole car and driving thing. Pffft  :-))

Time for a cup of tea with my bucket of "harden up". Ahhh to heck with the tea, might just go for something with a little more kick.

Good news though...she has applied for 3 jobs and has had 1 interview and has another 2 interviews this week! So fingers crossed she gets something.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11500 on: November 18, 2013, 05:46:51 am »
It's such a frightening time Nikkit, there was another horrendous accident near our place on the weekend totally attributable to speed. DD isn't driving yet but her boyfriend and it terrifies me. Good luck to your Dd for the jobs, mine is sitting her last exam as I type and will be heading off to schoolies in a few days.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #11501 on: November 18, 2013, 06:00:09 am »
Can't believe I have been suckered in to work 7 weekends in a row. I have done 3 weekends straight and have 4 left before I get an entire weekend off.
Wish work would get some more workers. Problem is the person I work with is quadriplegic and needs an experienced support worker who is willing to stick it out with her. It's taken me 4.5 months to finally be able to get the transfers right. Grrr not happy Jan :(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #11502 on: November 18, 2013, 06:18:14 am »
Thanks Wonder. I know I'm not the only Mum out there quietly packing it!!

Mine is sitting her 2nd last exam now, last one tomorrow. She is so tired. I think once tomorrow's exam is over she'll probably fall in a big heap for a few days.

She isn't going to schoolies. We gave her the option and she said no she didn't want to go where there would be idiots getting drunk and toolies hanging around. (I remember my schoolies weekend...err...not very well! So am proud of her for deciding that not what she wants to do!)

Dede - Hang in there.  You can do it. (Sorry I'm not much help though. ) Thinking of you  :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11503 on: November 18, 2013, 06:55:52 am »
Nikkit she sounds pretty smart. Don't worry. All the friends of the idiot who wrote his car off will be thinking! He is a lucky boy and so are his parents. 17 year old males are a whole lot different from 17 year old girls. Trust her.

Dede you are doing an important job. I once worked 33 weekends in one year . It was tough but so worth it.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11504 on: November 18, 2013, 07:03:59 am »
I agree with Gert, great job Mandi.  Disabled workers are hard to keep, changing all the time and new ones having to be retrained (often by the family of the disabled person when they turn up at their door).  It is so much easier if the care worker is familiar with his/her client - they can just get on with the job at hand and everyone is happy.  When the nursing home where Geoff is has to get in agency workers due to staff shortages you can see where they've forgotten to do this and that and he is far more uncomfortable than when the permanent employees do the job.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.