Author Topic: Multi grain bread  (Read 5888 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Multi grain bread
« on: December 24, 2010, 02:43:38 am »
I have just received a parcel from Simply No Knead containing Super Multi Grain mix and only being a novice at making bread, could someone point me in the right direction of a recipe to make multi grain bread please.  I really don't want to waste the ingredients by not having the right quantities. 

TIA.  Julie.  :)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: Multi grain bread
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 04:33:07 am »
Is it just the grains (seeds?) so you add your own flour etc?  Try this one - I make it a few times a week and it's delicious.  The dough will probably seem very wet, but just go with it.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=927.0

So I use 170gm of seed, oats and other flours super mix and 400gm normal bread making flour.  Hope that makes sense and is what you're after.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 06:14:24 am »
Julie, I tend to throw whatever into my bread - so ground wheat, multigrain mix, chopped nuts, seeds, buckwheat flour, black chia etc - up to 100g (wholegrain mix I'd do about 70g) worth with bread flour to make up to 500g.
Put in this order 300g lukewarm water, 2 tsp yeast, dash of salt, flour (unless milling something then that bit would be in at the beginning), 20g oil (as per the edc recipe) then I mix it, then knead for 3 mins, then leave in the bowl to rise, then knead for 1 min, then put it in a loaf tin or shape into rolls and leave for a second rise.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 10:14:52 am »
Oh thankyou both Zan and Cathy, this is the info I needed, will give it a try in a few days.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 08:00:19 am »
I'm the same JulieO. I make up my flour etc with whatever I have at the time.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermo Jo (aka Jodi)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 11:04:02 am »
So glad you asked this question Julie. I've been considering a Multigrain loaf myself. 
I was thinking along the lines of the advice given here but it's aways good to hear that someone else has done it before you and had great success.
Thanks ladies.
Demonstrator in training!
Converted for life!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 12:56:43 am »
Julie, I tend to throw whatever into my bread - so ground wheat, multigrain mix, chopped nuts, seeds, buckwheat flour, black chia etc - up to 100g (wholegrain mix I'd do about 70g) worth with bread flour to make up to 500g.
Put in this order 300g lukewarm water, 2 tsp yeast, dash of salt, flour (unless milling something then that bit would be in at the beginning), 20g oil (as per the edc recipe) then I mix it, then knead for 3 mins, then leave in the bowl to rise, then knead for 1 min, then put it in a loaf tin or shape into rolls and leave for a second rise.
That sounds like a very similar ratio to what I use - obviously there is a lot of personal preference to how "grainy" you like your wholegrain bread, but you should be able to come up with a mix that suits your taste.

Julie - looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com