Author Topic: Hi from Yolly  (Read 10569 times)

Offline Yolly

• View Profile
Hi from Yolly
« on: January 28, 2013, 03:23:23 am »
Hi ii have joined this page, I have had my thermomix for 5 months and look forward to using these recipes
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:26:07 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Yolly
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:28:54 am »
Hi Yolly I have moved your first posting to a thread all of it's own so that our members can welcome you into the fold.

Thanks for joining us, where do you live & what have you been cooking?  I hope you enjoy your time on here, help yourself to the recipes and please let us know what you think of them.  Reviews are always useful for those thinking about doing a particular recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Yolly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:38:13 am »
I'm from Western Australia.  Thanks very much.  I have been doing a lot of dips and bread and cakes.  I don't use it a lot to cook meals in it I'm not sure why though

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:50:05 am »
Hello and welcome Yolly.  :D

How many do you cook for? Hope to see/hear more of you on the forum!  :)
:D

Offline Yolly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 03:51:53 am »
A family of 4 I cook for.  I never had a demo and I don't use the thermomix to its full capacity,  the varoma I don't use much is that normal.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 04:32:58 am »
Hi Yolly. I'm from Perth. Hopefully by being a member of the forum we will be able to encourage you to make more in your thermomix.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 04:46:24 am »
A lot of people don't use their varoma straight away but once you do, you will love it.  You can cook enough vegies for 4 people quite easily in the varoma bowl and tray and we have a section here for all-on-one-meals which are designed to use the TM bowl/steaming basket and/or varoma dish/tray.  I have just spent some time moving recipes which, although they were all-in-one-meals eg risotto, they do not use the varoma and that's what this section is for.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:23 am »
Welcome Yolly.   I don't make many main meals,  even so I still use the Tmx several times a day.   Today I have made Bread, Banana Fluff, Sweet Corn soup and Swedish Cheese cake.  Also veggie fritters from leftover veggies and I haven't decided on dinner yet.  possibly mushroom risotto with garlic prawns.  Oh nearly forgot,  Rum and raisin ice cream for visitors on Wednesday. 
As Judy says, if you are interested in cooking main meals,  then the Varoma is very good.  Have a look at the all in one meals.

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 07:09:28 am »
Hi Yolly and welcome to the Forum.  Like you I did not use the Varoma very much but am getting more used to it now. Will also check the All In One Meals.  -  I did notice that you were busy today Judydawn so will go and have another look. I do use my TMX for just about everything else though.  Today it was (No Fuss) bread rolls  - while the dough was rising in another bowl I made yoghurt - straight from EDC.  Then I mashed potatoes for lunch (DH is shift worker so has hot meal then).  Made strawberry sauce to top the yoghurt then I mixed up a batch of Anzacs.  Oh - nearly forgot whipped some butter to put in fridge for pancakes another day - I did this just before the potatoes so as not to bother washing the bowl first.  Now that DH has left for work I will cook something easy for myself and perhaps even have left overs that he can have for his hot meal tomorrow.  Enjoy your TMX
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 07:16:17 am »
OK - forget leftover for DH tomorrow.  Just whipped over to All-in-one-meals.  Megan Jane's Salmon dinner for me.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 07:20:31 am »
Hi Yolly - and a very warm welcome to the forum!  The more you  use it the more you get used to it.  I didn't use my varoma for a very long time . . . now I seem to use it all the time.  

have you taken a look at this thread?  If you work your way through some of these, you'll be an expert in no time! ;D

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6470.0

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 07:38:13 am »
Welcome to the forum Yolly.  Hopefully you will get lots of ideas on here on how to use your TM more fully.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:24 am »
Hi yolly and welcome.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 08:01:18 am »
Hello Yolly, at first we all seem not to use the vary a as we are getting to know the Thermomix and what it can do, I use all of mine now I love steamed veggies wouldn't have them any other way , you must also try steaming a roast of meat it is amazing so tender and moist.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 12:40:58 pm »
Welcome to the forum Yolly :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.