Author Topic: Mincing meat problem  (Read 40721 times)

Offline TamG

• View Profile
Re: Mincing meat problem
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 12:36:32 pm »
I didn't like mincing in the thermomix when I first tried it.   However I have recently come around to the idea again.  I don't like the fine texture of bolognaise or savoury mince cooked in the thermomix when I use store bought mince.  I have found that I like the texture a lot better if I mince my own meat (from semi frozen cubed meat).

Offline Grannysmith

• TMX Fan, Helen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 04:25:36 am »
Has anyone made sausage meat/force meat in the TMX?

I have a recipe book about making sausages and would like to adapt some of the recipes. It would be nice to know if it has been tried before.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 04:54:04 am »
I haven't actually done it but I see no reason why it couldn't be done. After all it is just the next step from mince.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 11:31:21 am »
Has anyone made sausage meat/force meat in the TMX?

I have a recipe book about making sausages and would like to adapt some of the recipes. It would be nice to know if it has been tried before.

grannysmith  l am interested to know-  what does the recipe say to put in the sausage meat ?

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 11:15:30 am »
I didn't like mincing in the thermomix when I first tried it.   However I have recently come around to the idea again.  I don't like the fine texture of bolognaise or savoury mince cooked in the thermomix when I use store bought mince.  I have found that I like the texture a lot better if I mince my own meat (from semi frozen cubed meat).

Yes, that's the only way mince works in recipes made in the TM with mince.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand